HM M Deathwing 10man

I cant seem to understand why im failing so horribly at madness, i just cant seem to up my damage anymore outside of me being allowed to spam aoe on the bloods. Can anyone help me please?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=12194&e=13028

from that log....because you're a resto shaman?!

You're not spending enough time DPSing. Basically, you're not hitting LB enough (or chain lightning for multiple targets at all)....and don't frost shock, it's completely unnecessary. Use Earthbind to slow bloods in the final phase if nobody else is slowing.

Check out this log,

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7...?s=6930&e=7752

I did 76 LB casts vs. your 51 LB casts. So I'm DPSing 50% more than you. Healing-wise you and I are clocking in at about the same heals between 16m to 17m for the entire fight. I assume your guild is 2-healing like ours and using 1 tank.

The log is from the first time my guild downed heroic DW about 2 weeks ago....yes, we are pretty slow on progression...

I'm putting out about 2.6m in damage over the fight vs. your 1.2 million. A big difference is I'm getting 595k from spellweave vs. your 64k, that's a HUGE difference. Also, I cast LB about 50% more times than you. So you're probably just not DPSing enough. And make sure you are getting DPS in when there are multiple targets so spellweave can hit more stuff. If you are not dpsing while there is more to attack than just DW, you'll not get as much impact from spellweave in my experience. Make sure you Chain Lightning on things that can be AoEd to increase your spellweave. Also, if you can use a non-healing weapon, I use the one with the poison proc (from DW) and that helps...kicks in another 137k in damage over the right. However, from what I understand that dagger does not proc spellweave. The Maw of Dragonlord is really not needed on the fight at this point, even when 2-healing.

Lastly, look at your damage done (yellow line) vs. damage done from the log for me that I posted. See how my DPS peaks/spikes near the end of the fight. It's when we hit heroism and I'm dpsing and getting more spellweave at that point by hitting various bloods, etc. Your DPS appears to be almost zero at that point in the fight. It appears like you shift into healing only mode and stop casting LBs.

Just keep at it, try to get more dps time in, you can up those numbers.

P.S. you're not failing, but with practice you can probably double your damage done over the entire fight.
    Last edited by ferosanvilmar; 2012-08-03 at 06:10 PM.