Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I've done both Insanity and p90x and I have to say I prefer and get better results from Insanity. It's definitely harder(IMO) but works better to make you lose body fat for sure. But it really depends on what your goals are. I would do p90x again if I wanted to actually gain weight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Looq View Post
    I've done both Insanity and p90x and I have to say I prefer and get better results from Insanity. It's definitely harder(IMO) but works better to make you lose body fat for sure. But it really depends on what your goals are. I would do p90x again if I wanted to actually gain weight.
    I recently finished Insanity and im on my second phase of P90x.
    I feel that P90x is better, Insanity wont make you gain that much muscle mass

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I dont get why anyone would do P90x to put on muscle or weight.

1. A lot of stationary style cardio (jumping around and shit)
    2. All body and/or free weights.
    3. High intensity high rep workouts
    4. Yoga, Karate, Plyo etc.

It's too much overtraining for putting on weight, the diet that comes with it is too low on calories for putting on weight, too many reps and too much cardio. I would recommend P90x for people who want to push themselves hard for general fitness, toning at best and losing weight. I don't believe for a second that the guys in the videos got their size from doing that workout plan.
    You can substitute after you finish the program once. If you want to put on muscle mass rather then being lean, do all the weight lifting videos and Stretch X, or increase the weights and reduce the repetition. Yoga is part of building core muscles and balance, same with Kenpo X and Core Synergystics. Part of P90X is the ability to make adjustments where you need, and you are only limited by what your body is capable of doing. Honestly, if I want to put on muscle after I finish the 90 day program, I will just use the videos as a guide for weight lifting. Changing the diet as well makes a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    You guys can probably torrent both of those and not worry about the cost. I was gonna try P90x. Hopefully it lets me add more muscle as well as weight. I need to put on like 20 or so pounds to be a better weight.
    I think p90x is down to 15 bucks now that p90x2 is out. You get all the same stuff to, guides, etc etc. Im guessing that insanity aslyum will go down to since part 2 of that is due in Sep or Oct.