Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Players who make a lot of gold do it by knowing their server economies inside out and exploiting any gaps.

There's no real secret, use auctioneer, flip things for higher prices, use whatever professions you have, it all adds up. Best advice I can give you is to really get to know how your server works, familiarise yourself with the Undermine Journal, run a bunch of AH scans, places where you can make gold should jump out at you.

Deleted
    Level your gather char first when mop hits, farm / herb / mine everything and sell it for over the top prices.

Buy the 55 Honor PvP cloaks (Sargeants Cloak) and DE them for Large Brilliant Shards and sell them. 55 Honor is stupidly easy to get and if you really hate PvP, do dungeons for the JP and trade down for Honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahdik View Post
    Buy the 55 Honor PvP cloaks (Sargeants Cloak) and DE them for Large Brilliant Shards and sell them. 55 Honor is stupidly easy to get and if you really hate PvP, do dungeons for the JP and trade down for Honor.
    I'm sory but I gotta ask. How much gold per hour is it possible to make via that method? It seems like it would be a cazy inefficient waste of time.

That would depend on your server economy and your skill in pvp/pve.

So take the undermine journals median price on shards and assume a maximum hour per hour figure for the pvp. Or even better tell me what a maximum per hour rate for honor is and I'll work it out for you. Seems like it might be worth hundreds per hour, which is less than you'd get from questing tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I make my gold by farming ores and herbs during my server's off-time. Throw 'em on the AH, and wait for the money. I have a max level enchanter/jewelcrafter, but to be honest I just can't be bothered to go the prospect/craft/DE/AH route.

The ore shuffle doesn't work on every server. I ran a batch of it recently to try it out, and barely broke even. Especially the part where you disenchant the jewelry made with uncommon gems.. those mats are worth far less than simply vendoring the jewelry (which still doesn't recoup the cost of the ore). And nobody's buying rare gems, they all just sit there until the auction expires. I have to sell for next to nothing just to make any money back. In the same amount of time, I could go questing and earn more. Some people claim that it works, but after trying it, it's just not worth the time. It might work if you're the only one on the server doing it, but if everyone else is doing it (it's not exactly a secret), then it doesn't count for anything and you'll probably just end up losing money.

I'm tempted to go run some Wrath dungeons on my pally. Probably make more there than anything else, especially after MoP and AoE looting comes into play. At least those mats are worth something.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    So take the undermine journals median price on shards and assume a maximum hour per hour figure for the pvp. Or even better tell me what a maximum per hour rate for honor is and I'll work it out for you. Seems like it might be worth hundreds per hour, which is less than you'd get from questing tbh.
    I don't know what a maximum per hour rate for honor is and I don't really care. The shards sell well on my server and I'm working on a bunch of pvp achievements. I don't need the honor for gear, so I use it to buy cloaks to DE. I'm selling less Shards because I'm also buying another PvP item to DE and save for Mists.

If I need gold relatively fast, I go farming elementium for a few hours, prospect, make meta gems, cut them and sell them. The profit is usually huge (I'd buy the elementium but my realm is half-dead so usually there's like 10 stacks of elementium for some obscene price and that's it).

Reins of Poseidus. Found 3 in 1 month, sold each for 80-100k.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahdik View Post
    I don't know what a maximum per hour rate for honor is and I don't really care. The shards sell well on my server and I'm working on a bunch of pvp achievements. I don't need the honor for gear, so I use it to buy cloaks to DE. I'm selling less Shards because I'm also buying another PvP item to DE and save for Mists.
    Ok well I'm home from work and figured it out for you.

I just went with assuming you're earning 1k an hour for the sake of calculating it (1k doesn't seem unreasonable, especially if assuming the person is just pugging randoms). At 1k honor per hour you're making 418 gold per hour with your 'get rich quick' plan assuming US mean price on the shards, so let's be generous and say 500 gold per hour. That is less efficient than just simply questing, well behind farming (most people report ~2k per hour), and well behind other profession based options (shuffling/crafting).

It's great if you're doing that and getting some extra cash on top of your pvp but it's not exactly relevant or helpful in a discussion on the best ways to make high volumes of gold quickly. It like someone asked the fastest way to get somewhere and someone said to take the bus and someone else saying to drive and you're urging them to crawl on their hands and knees.

easiest fastest way to make gold is to have maxed JC and Enchant ....period ...like others have said . Other then that farm leveling mats ..like heavy leather which on my realm sells for 30-40 gold per stack and takes like 5 mins per stack to gather .

Hey windfury its great that you just make some smart ass attack post like the one above . Meanwhile your post on making gold was totally and utterly useless " know your server economy " ....wow...your a freaking gold making genius .
    Last edited by Elite Peon; 2012-08-10 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    easiest fastest way to make gold is to have maxed JC and Enchant ....period ...like others have said . Other then that farm leveling mats ..like heavy leather which on my realm sells for 30-40 gold per stack and takes like 5 mins per stack to gather .

Hey windfury its great that you just make some smart ass attack post like the one above . Meanwhile your post on making gold was totally and utterly useless " know your server economy " ....wow...your a freaking gold making genius .
    And yet despie my apparent stupidity I can still work out that advice that nets a possible ~450 GPH is pretty terrible and doesn't have any place in the thread.

My answer is the most honest one there is (which of course makes it the one people don't want to hear). There's no magical secret. Nothing works everywhere. If you want to make a lot of gold get to know your server economy and exploit the gaps in it. There are a lot of options for how to exploit sure, but there's no point me suggesting something when most things are in fact server specific, and any semi competent goblin should be thinking for themselves in identifying opportunities anyway.

Your advice to shuffle is server specific for example, as are the prices you're quoting on leather, these things don't in fact work the same everywhere, yet you still told people to do that without acknowledging they need to investigate the profit margins on their server first to work out if it's even a viable option for them (but that would be suggesting they get to know their server economy, which is apparently a terrible idea amirite!). So how helpful does that make your advice exactly?

I farm embersilk cloth and sell them. Kinda boring but it net me a decent amount of gold a week

Top way for me is farming for Transmog gear, turns in a tonne of gold! Also, the classic gathering professions (mining, skinning and herb) make a fair amount of gold, and they will do when MoP hits!

get alch + enchanting + JC

buy elementium ore > Prospect > cut highest profit blue gems (get orecutter, scans AH and gives you suggestions on what to cut) > create the basic green items that require just the green gems + jewelers setting(?) > save the green quality Reds > Send all the created green items to enchanter > send all green quality reds to alchemist (Transmute master) > Disenchant all the created items > AH mats > Transmute all the green quality reds to inferno rubies > send to JC > Cut and sell

the ONLY problem with this; is moving all of the product. i STARTED doing this about a week ago and ive made 10K logging in for no more than 30 minutes a day and ive still got 50 inferno rubies sitting in my bank, a shit ton of the green quality reds (saving them to make the fist weapon then DE and sell when MOP hits for a jump in income since the prices will rise) and a bunch of other things

the only thing better than this is buying low and selling high and getting capital and controlling markets; and obviously playing a shit ton and just farming everything you can
    Last edited by Rogabr; 2012-08-12 at 04:01 PM.

I will share some of my current methods.

http://www.wowhead.com/maps?data=504...20243691248658

The areas I have marked on the map in Deepholm have loads of level 82-83 mobs who fight the dwarves. Usually they are in packs of 3-7 mobs. If you are a good AoE class such as Death Knight, Paladin, Mage, you can easily burst these down one group at a time.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=58488

Use the above potion (you can find it in the AH between 50-150g trust me the investment is way worth it), this potion will last for 1 hour. It gives you a chance to find a http://www.wowhead.com/item=67539 which always contains gold, and also can contain materials, cloth, green items, and very rarely blue items and enchanting recipes (the recipes sell for loads). Usually after 1 hour of farming, you will amass around 8+ stacks of Embersilk cloth, and around 15-30 chests, depends on your luck. I can earn between 1000-2000g per hour here, sometimes more if your lucky, sometimes less if you have bad RNG. This spot will be way faster and more profitable when Multi loot is added in the pre MoP patch.

EDIT: Just adding to this, the mobs also drop green level 82-83 items, and combined with the greens from the chests, if you're an enchanter or know one, disenchanting all of the greens for Greater essence can yield good profit. If you can't d/e them, put the greens on the AH for 12 hours for 20-50 gold each.
    ----------------------

Farming the "Raptor" pet nests can make some profit. If you have multiple characters, you can essentially "camp" the nests by logging out at the nests. These pets can sell between 500-5000g depends on your economy. The pets and details are on wowhead:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=48112
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=48118
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=48122
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=48124

------------

Most mini companion pets with very low drop chance, like Disgusting Ozzling, Whelps etc, can sell for over 10000 gold on most servers, but these pets require pure luck and patience. Even if you spend 15 minutes a day killing the mobs which drop these pets, if you get one to drop (or the ozzling from the ozzing bag) then you just made loads of gold.

---------------

Another new method is building transmog sets and finding extremely rare items that are unique and very hard to find and are heavily wanted by transmog collectors. Find out what sets people want, collect each item whether it be finding greens, hunting rare spawns, or sniping cheap pieces off the AH. Once you build a set, you can sell the set in trade, or on the realms forums.

I have my hunter logged out on this rare spawn: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=8217, he is the only mob in the game that drops this item: http://www.wowhead.com/item=17050. This one item can sell for over 25000 - 75000 gold on good servers, maybe even more because I never see it in the Auction house.

There is certain swords, daggers rogues want, starves that mages and priests want, find out what these extremely rare items are, and look out for them, do some research.

Some of my tips, hope you enjoy.
    Last edited by FearGX; 2012-08-13 at 04:14 AM.

I did the basic ore flipping with jewelcrafting and alchemy until the prices started drastically dropping (KJ is a very high pop server, prices are basically dead), but the majority of my gold actually came from selling runs.

I've got a modest 600k. Modest comparatively speaking to a lot of folks.

I don't know about your server but I don't recommend the ore shuffle if it's anything like mine. Every man and his dog thinks this is the best way to make money and the MoP announcement caused the market to plummet so profit margins are razor thin.

Either hold tight for MoP or find a niche market is my advice.