Thread: Odd OC question

Odd OC question

I have a stable OC of 4.5ghz 100X45 at 1.265v. However, when I shut down or restart my PC my BCLK goes to the stock 100.5 and my OC is stuck sitting in the lowest Speedboost setting of 1608.36mhz.

I can fix this easily doing the OS Bios and resetting my BCLK back to 100mhz and it goes back to speedboosting correctly..

So why is this happening? How do I fix this?

Side note, I posted a week ago or so about a weird error message I was getting.

AsusSetup
    C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\003507Log.iniis lost. Im sure I did something to start getting this message, but don't ask me how, because I don't remember.

I've also tried resetting my Bios settings to default which hasn't done anything. I suppose I could do a bios flashback or update (Which Im still waiting to do) and see if that fixes it. I'm just hoping there's a different and easier solution.

Thanks

Aveline's amazing work!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiea View Post
    I have a stable OC of 4.5ghz 100X45 at 1.265v. However, when I shut down or restart my PC my BCLK goes to the stock 100.5 and my OC is stuck sitting in the lowest Speedboost setting of 1608.36mhz.

I can fix this easily doing the OS Bios and resetting my BCLK back to 100mhz and it goes back to speedboosting correctly..

So why is this happening? How do I fix this?

Side note, I posted a week ago or so about a weird error message I was getting.

AsusSetup
    C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\003507Log.iniis lost. Im sure I did something to start getting this message, but don't ask me how, because I don't remember.

I've also tried resetting my Bios settings to default which hasn't done anything. I suppose I could do a bios flashback or update (Which Im still waiting to do) and see if that fixes it. I'm just hoping there's a different and easier solution.

Thanks
    Might be able to help with that. Have you tried running registry repair with CCleaner or something? I had similar problem with some lost file that kept popping a warning message at startup and doing CCleaner registry fix removed it. Try that if you haven't already.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Which motherboard do you have? Guessing you have either a 2500K or 3570K, yes?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Asus p8z77-v deluxe and i7-2700k.

---------- Post added 2012-08-03 at 03:11 PM ----------

I just ran CCleaner registry fix for everything and its still giving me the same error message and OC weirdness.

Aveline's amazing work!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would upgrade your BIOS to the most recent version from Asus' website and let us know what happens afterwards. I suggest writing down stable voltages and all, if you have not, because BIOS flashes can completely wipe any OC you currently have saved, though by the sounds of it, that's pretty much the problem you are encountering. >_<
    "A flower.

Trying to update bios to the 1502 build. It's saving as a CAP file and I can't use that apparently on my GUI bios. This is my first bios update so I don't really know what Im doing.

Advice?

Aveline's amazing work!

10+ Year Old Account
    A CAP? The f?

Just checked my USB stick that has the most recent BIOS flash I did and it is a .ROM file. Asus should have Download "Global DLM" and "Global."

I have a feeling you may have hit Global DLM, just hit Global. Let me know what it gives ya. I could always email you the proper file if it comes down to it.

(And yeah, you'll want to stick it on a CD/DVD/USB stick.
    "A flower.

Global is giving me a zipped file, when I extract it gives me a filed called P8Z77-V-DELUXE-ASUS-1502.CAP nonsense. D:

Aveline's amazing work!

10+ Year Old Account
    That's really weird, honestly not sure why you're getting that. =S Googled and found .cap means a captured file, usually compressed.

So compressed and then zipped? What.... x_x
    "A flower.

Ya lol. I don't really understand what I'm supposed to do with a .cap ._.'

Any chance you have any other ideas? If not you can just send me that bios in an email and I'll throw it on my USB.

Aveline's amazing work!

10+ Year Old Account
    well now I bet I'll get a .CAP too, PM me your email, I'll see if I get a .CAP or not.
    "A flower.

Just so I can get some more help on this, Deltrus has done the same thing, except with the 1401 non-beta (The one I was going for was a 1502 beta build) and he got a zipped .cap file.

What are we supposed to do with this?

Aveline's amazing work!

Quote Originally Posted by Valiea View Post
    Ya lol. I don't really understand what I'm supposed to do with a .cap ._.'

Any chance you have any other ideas? If not you can just send me that bios in an email and I'll throw it on my USB.

Use the Asus Update program that you installed from the website or motherboard disc and it can auto check and download the latest bios (1502) for you. I see that the bios file is a .cap extension

After that u can worry about overclocking and running stability tests. There's some good guides and forums u can find out there. You may need to disable some power saving features that can prevent stable overclocks on your bios but all this should be explained in a guide online.

I just updated my Bios. I figured out how to do it and what was going on. And for those interested I will post what I did to make it work.

I downloaded from the ASUS site, clicked Global and got a zipped file containing a .cap extension. Now this file was NOT showing up in my ASUS OS Bios so I took the file, unzipped it. Renamed the extension on the .cap to a .rom, rezipped it, and unzipped it again. Whether or not I needed that last bit I don't know, but that's what I did to be able to put my bios from version 0603 to 1401.

However, back on topic, I'm still getting the exact same error message upon loading, and to my knowledge, my OC is back to where I set it when I first started. A stable 4.5ghz @ 1.265v. I am curious as to what this error message exactly is. I realize it's a temp log file, but why does it keep showing up?

Aveline's amazing work!

How to redo the BIOS in AISuite (without it taking ages to locate the file on the asus server):

Download the newest BIOS from the motherbaord page at asus.com
    open AISuite
    Update --> Asus Update
    Update bios from a file
    browse to the file (unzipped to the desktop is what I do)
    select it, hit ok a couple of times. It will tell you not to restart or turn off the computer while it is flashing the BIOS.
    A progress bar will appear in the AISuite update window, it will take about a minute to fill, and stick at 100% for a while, probably around 3 minutes, so don't panic and think it has crashed.
    When it is done, the program will prompt you to restart the computer.
    When you do so, POST will prompt you to enter setup (i.e. enter BIOS) by pressing F1. Any changes you made in BIOS (overclocks etc) will be resetted.
    Exit/Save to reboot