Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well there's a couple of reason I can think of.

Most of them probably have medical problems due to being overweight, so die at early age, are stuck at home/wheelchair, bedridden, dont leave the house due to not having any energy.

There wasnt rly an obesity epidemic like there is now when "old people" were young. there werent computers/video games/etc, kids actually had to go outside to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you never been to america??

10+ Year Old Account
    go to McDonalds and sit and wait, you'll see them. you might have to check drive throughs as well though.

be vigilant.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually fat old people are pretty abundant, but the morbidly obese ones are pretty rare.

What a weird question...I mean, really?

I've seen fat 10 year olds, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 year olds.

Just wondering why you're asking this - I mean, they exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Have you never been to america??
    I can't hear you over the sound of me eating 3,000 calories a day.

...Oh wait, that backfired...

When I was doing nursing clinicals, I noticed a trend, actually. The elderly patients who were average to slightly overweight might have a broken bone or something troubling but not life-threatening, but it was the skinny ones who were dying of simple pneumonia or flu. However, there were no morbidly obese elderly patients. I can only surmise, from my own limited experience and simple observation, that too fat is bad and too skinny isn't good either but rather somewhere in the middle. Shocking, eh?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My great grandmother was 98 when she passed away. Yes she was overweight
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Just walk into a Wal-Mart.

My grandmother passed at 90 (still living at home, alone - my grandfather died 25 years earlier) She was 4'11" and 185! She ate very well, she just ate alot

My other grandmother is 88, and used to be very large, however when she was 79, she was diagnosed with colon and bowel cancer. Because of the cancer, the sectioning, and the chemo, she dropped 80 pounds in under 2 years. She's a survivor though (we made her take some of the 'inheritance' to have some of the folds removed since they messed with her mind (Wouldn't even go out of her apartment)

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Your other thread was just as blunt, to the point, possibly abusive and unconstructive.

I'm seriously not sure if you're posting to just increase your post count, or because you genuinely think such stupid threads need to be covered.

On-Topic: People tend to gain a little weight as they age, but the older generations (60+) have grown up in a time when they have self-control and discapline. These days people are given free reign of their entire lives, and clearly they can't handle that.

If people are given freedom and make a mess of it, take it off them and make an example of the fools who ruin it for everyone. Show people what happens to that burger, show them what happens when you keep eating chips all day and refuse them national health services and you'll watch the obesity epidemics dry up within 1 generation.
    I'm trying to figure out what is wrong with his post (it sounds like an honest, if POSSIBLY ignorant or pointed question). But im distracted by your post, which is obviously Ignorant, hurtful, and just plain venonmous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just about every older person in America is chubby. But it usually makes them look more jolly and friendly, so that's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by mothandras View Post
    Define fat: obese? 25-30 LBS over weight? Or Whales seriously overweight 60+ LBS.

YES to Obese
    NO to Whales

Old people don't get out as much as younger people, go to a retirement home.
    i'm 50lbs overweight and you can barely tell. I've seen plenty of people point out "husky" and "fat" and I'm not that "bad". You should really resconsider your standards.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    seen several actually

10+ Year Old Account
    the reason you dont see fat 80+ people is because being obese lowers your life expectancy. most of them die before they can hit 80

Pretty much a non-starter of a thread here. Closed.