Page 1 of 37
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ten Reasons PvE players will love GW2

This was posted on their Facebook:

Convincing a friend to try Guild Wars 2? Here are ten reasons PvE players will love GW2:

• *Because Curtis’ ranch isn’t going to save itself.*
    No, really. If you’re hanging out in Claypool and Cattleman Curtis runs up shouting that bandits will take over his ranch if you don’t help, he’s not kidding. https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/dynamic-events/

• *Because this is one of the little dragons.* http://www.flickr.com/photos/arenane...n/photostream/

• *Because that player isn’t coming to steal your kill, he’s coming to make it more epic.*
    Cross-profession combos are as easy to create as they are are dangerous. No need to stop, strategize, and debate group dynamics–just go with the flow of battle and enjoy playing with everyone around you! https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/combat/

• *Because dungeons are waiting to bring the pain, and then do it again in a completely different way.* https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/dungeons/

• *Because you don’t have to play through boring stuff to get to the good stuff. We give it to you right out of the gate.* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO3nTjwpguE&t=5m11s

• *Because you can see how the other half… er, fifth… lives.* All racial zones are open to all players right away, so you can join your friends no matter what race they choose to play. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEdr8HHJ-zU

• *Because everyone loves a big finish.*
    Events in GW2 don’t occur in a vacuum, and a series of dynamic events can explode into a final meta event. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...levant_count=1

• Because the quaggan are just so cute you want to help them. http://www.arena.net/blog/the-mostly-harmless-quaggan

• *Because it’s so much more than swinging a sword.*
    (Or shooting pistols, or firing a flamethrower.) You can cut a swath through the baddies of Tyria, but there’s so much more. Puzzles, trivia, and all manner of non-combat challenges await you all over the world. Keep your eyes open and pay attention to your surroundings–it’s not just window-dressing! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx4UdIpaCWU

• Because Destiny’s Edge needs you. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Destiny's_Edge
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Can we carefully say we don't need to heavley relay on trapper hunters at end game dungeons xD

I just hope this is standard marketing fluff and not something they actually believe in. If they think Duke Barradin wasn't boring as hell afk material that will literally kill itself if you choose to afk the fight and they think of him as "epic" in the same way they describe actual end game content with the same word "epic", this game will have a wave of rage quitters bigger then SWTOR upon them hitting max level. They built way too much hype for people to not be disappointed if that is the case.

---------- Post added 2012-08-03 at 08:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JackTheLad View Post
    Can we carefully say we don't need to heavley relay on trapper hunters at end game dungeons xD
    Elementalists are the new trappers. Needed to spam AoE heals and AoE damage.

Humorous read

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

None of those are convincing actually.
    Especially the "second teaser" smells. They show the game graphics heavily edited - alot of corrections are easily spotted. When the actual in-game videos are barely any different than WoW. And some part of the video is simple cheap 2d graphics like the dragon at the end.
    And that dungeons article is very... convincing too. Very.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theunit187 View Post
    They show the game graphics heavily edited - alot of corrections are easily spotted.
    Absolutely not true. They just don't have their graphics settings tuned to the lowest possible. The in-game stuff that isn't still marked as Work In Progress looked very top-notch.

If you're talking about the painting of the Shatterer fighting Destiny's Edge, that's a painting based on the actual in-game footage. So of course it's not going to be in-game graphics there.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-03 at 08:53 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Heh, that's pretty cute. I like it.

When the actual in-game videos are barely any different than WoW.
    Not sure if trolling... well yeah, you are pretty obviously trolling. People who take the time to post this kind of thing should just be banned.

And simply calling another person a troll without adding anything to the conversation is against forum rules as well. If you believe someone is trolling, please report them and move on. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-08-03 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Absolutely not true. They just don't have their graphics settings tuned to the lowest possible. The in-game stuff that isn't still marked as Work In Progress looked very top-notch.
    Well, every video I have seen shows probably just a little bit better technology in case of graphics, than WoW. I remember that video with an elementalist fighting for some pvp objective in a tower. Very poor visual design.

Deleted
    To be honest, I'd think that most people will be quite shocked that GW2 is going to lack traditional end game. I will have the metacritic review page bookmarked waiting on the user reviews that will be "Wtf no raids, no end game, bad game 0/10"

None of those are convincing actually.
    Especially the "second teaser" smells. They show the game graphics heavily edited - alot of corrections are easily spotted. When the actual in-game videos are barely any different than WoW. And some part of the video is simple cheap 2d graphics like the dragon at the end.
    And that dungeons article is very... convincing too. Very.
    That's how the game looks for me. It does have pretty good graphics on max setting.

This just in; people will have better computers than you.

That's how the game looked for me. Not sure i see similarities with WoW..
    Last edited by Dodrin; 2012-08-03 at 08:57 PM.

Thats not PvE! where are the raids?

Infracted.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-08-03 at 10:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, every video I have seen shows probably just a little bit better technology in case of graphics, than WoW. I remember that video with an elementalist fighting for some pvp objective in a tower. Very poor visual design.
    Don't base it off videos. You really cannot compare the in-game graphics of GW2, on max settings, to WoW's max settings.

And what do you mean by "poor visual design" exactly? =\

Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    Raids aren't the only form of PvE around.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrok- View Post
    Not sure if trolling... well yeah, you are pretty obviously trolling. People who take the time to post this kind of thing should just be banned.
    So people cant have different opinions?

This game is pretty awful. I pre-purchased from anet, played 2 beta weekends, then asked for, and received a refund. Some people may love it, but to me it was a less polished version of WoW.

Hell even a less polished version of Rift, which itself is a less polished version of WoW.

Happy gaming to you fans tho

Deleted
    Because the quaggan are just so cute you want to help them.

Mumble grumble cute little bastards always distracting me with their adorable third person reference and ability to strike empathy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Some people may love it, but to me it was a less polished version of WoW.
    Definitely not true. Try playing the game on a computer that doesn't suck.

And in case you weren't talking graphics: The game, while still being an MMORPG, is definitely not similar to WoW, by and large. Most people that bash on the game are people bashing on what it doesn't have that WoW does have, so I don't see how you came to that conclusion.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-03 at 08:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    I can't be the only one who finds doing the same raid every week boring? It's a choreographed little dance where you hit the same buttons in the same order while doing the same thing after the same UI announcement.

Why am I the only one who'd rather have no raids than the same damn things every week and that is the endgame?

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Definitely not true. Try playing the game on a computer that doesn't suck.
    That was his opinion, so it cant really be false, let him think what he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrok- View Post
    Huh?
    Alright, I have just did youtube search for gw2 videos. Watched one of the top results: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtopEsHspCk

What do I see here? Graphics are roughly the same as in The Lord of the Rings Online which is like 2-3 years old. Just more saturated to make it more appealing, still fairly poor. And the trees... oh the trees, why do you have to be so ugly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    That was his opinion, so it cant really be false, let him think what he wants.
    There's plenty of objective proof that the graphical quality of GW2 is better than WoW. You can't argue the aesthetics of it, sure, but objectively speaking, GW2 graphical quality is superior.