Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just think that competition really is best left to WvW and sPvP.

WvWvW especially fosters what I consider to be healthy, friendly competition.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I just think that competition really is best left to WvW and sPvP.

WvWvW especially fosters what I consider to be healthy, friendly competition.
    Mm yeah I can agree on that, even tho I wish those "dungeon and EDE's race" competitive communities that may or may not form would not grow to be some kind of elitist jerks... it might very well happen. It might not :P But we never know until we have seen it happen. Its hard playing a fortune teller
    But yeah the possibilities for PvE competition is there in game, but maybe just not in the form people are used to. But I guess its up for those who want competition to find it on their own. And who knows maybe they find it most satisfying in WvW and/or PvP.

All they have to do is create a REALLY hard encounter somewhere and the competitive PvE community will form. They're probably the easiest bunch of people to please, just give them something tuned to impossible and watch them chew on it for months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhinomatic View Post
    All they have to do is create a REALLY hard encounter somewhere and the competitive PvE community will form. They're probably the easiest bunch of people to please, just give them something tuned to impossible and watch them chew on it for months.
    über mode dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhinomatic View Post
    The 3 level 80 dungeons on explorable mode might be just what the doctor ordered then... hard to say as we haven't really seen how difficult they are; but if we're judging a steady difficulty curve from dungeon to dungeon, considering how hard xAC is, I think it's a safe assumption.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by TequilaFlavor View Post
    I think it's a bit rude and not neccessarily fair to call everyone who enjoys competitive pve a "sheep" or "unevolved".

And yes, some people actually get enjoyment out of playing competitively, be it soccer, darts, chess, WoW or something completely different.
    That wasnt my claim. Im sure you read my entire post because in it I said im going to be doing the same thing. Why? Because believe it or not, I love raiding in WoW for the sake of getting server firsts. What I was referring to were people who were unable to see a good game ESPECIALLY for the price and no sub because they couldnt look past what main stream mmos have told them to want. I will be playing both games because both games are good for their own reasons. So no, I was not saying people who enjoy competitive pve are sheep.

EDIT: if people only want competition in their games and thats ALL they want/need to have fun then I will say with confidence that GW2 may not be your cup of tea. The main competition (if youd even call it that) in pve content is and will most likely continue to be WoW. So... there isnt really anything in that regards that will pull people into GW2 if thats all they are looking for. Hardcore competitive skyrim ftw amirite? lol or maybe extreme old school mario speed runs? rofl
    Last edited by Zalavaaris; 2012-08-07 at 09:26 PM.

xAC was indeed difficult, even if you over leveled it. I'll back that up 100%. Exploration mode is not at all a cakewalk.

Deleted
    I cant wait for this game it looks amazing! I cant believe people saying it looks shody, its the best looking mmo ive ever played and the game play is fantastic!
    Crafting is genius
    Events are awesome
    Classes well designed
    No subs.... sick

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    xAC was indeed difficult, even if you over leveled it. I'll back that up 100%. Exploration mode is not at all a cakewalk.
    This pleases me, greatly. Have not done any dungeons whatsoever because i dont want to spoil them whatsoever, and im glad theyve kept them all under wraps.
    One thing that always irked me about WoW was that dungeons and raids were always cleared before they even went live, left very little of a challenge to look forward too when you already know every little detail of a fight.

Dungeons are so god damn huge, exploration mode will take hours....

*snip*

This pleases me, greatly. Have not done any dungeons whatsoever because i dont want to spoil them whatsoever, and im glad theyve kept them all under wraps.
    One thing that always irked me about WoW was that dungeons and raids were always cleared before they even went live, left very little of a challenge to look forward too when you already know every little detail of a fight.
    Dynamic events and path changes occur in dungeons, so you will never know everything to the instance.

No memes please. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-08-08 at 03:14 AM.

This will be great seeing as how every other mmo's dungeons are extremely repetitive and boring

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronduhBaron View Post
    This will be great seeing as how every other mmo's dungeons are extremely repetitive and boring
    Nothing more than loot chutes these days. Very happy to see the return to some true dungeons!
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronduhBaron View Post
    Repetitive because you have to farm them for points every day to reach your cap...

Boring because they're not tuned to be difficult, but basically throwaway content to give you something to do while not raiding...

The most fun I had in WoW cataclysm was when Heroics were actually hard, the least fun I had was when they ripped the teeth out of them.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    Repetitive because you have to farm them for points every day to reach your cap...

Boring because they're not tuned to be difficult, but basically throwaway content to give you something to do while not raiding...

The most fun I had in WoW cataclysm was when Heroics were actually hard, the least fun I had was when they ripped the teeth out of them.
    Screw Cata. Did you do heroics in BC?

Heroic Shattered Halls, Shadow Lab, Alcatraz and Auchenai Crypts were tuff. Especially for me because I was a tank and I had to play catch-up, coming into BC a few months after it's release after taking a break.

Sorry, totally off topic.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the dungeons we haven't seen yet. I can't even imagine the content to come.

The game will be at it's peak the first 3 weeks, once MoP comes out everyone will flock back to it with open arms. Just like the past 5 WOW killers, doesn't amount to shit.

Infracted for trolling.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-08-08 at 01:33 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    Screw Cata. Did you do heroics in BC?

Heroic Shattered Halls, Shadow Lab, Alcatraz and Auchenai Crypts were tuff. Especially for me because I was a tank and I had to play catch-up, coming into BC a few months after it's release after taking a break.

Sorry, totally off topic.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the dungeons we haven't seen yet. I can't even imagine the content to come.
    as a pally tank I only found S-Halls hard because of the last boss. Alcatraz and S-Labs were easy (S-Labs being one of our favorites because it was a joke). But I think that might be just because I was a pally, and in heroics pally tanks at the time were pretty OP.

As for GW2... I made the mistake of requesting the time off at release. Not at early release. Oh well. I'm psyched for the game. Played... the first and last beta weekend (was out of town for the second)... didn't get to try any dungeons or pvp. I'm a slacker =).

---------- Post added 2012-08-08 at 01:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lastwords View Post
    The game will be at it's peak the first 3 weeks, once MoP comes out everyone will flock back to it with open arms. Just like the past 5 WOW killers, doesn't amount to shit.
    the beauty of a free to play game is that... *Gasp* it won't be any sub MMO killer. Because people can play both at the same time. GW2 was never aimed to be a WoW killer. But it's really good to know that you hate the game. You know you don't have to play it at all, since you already seem to loathe it so much.
    'Cause what the world needs now
    is a new Frank Sinatra
    so I can get you in bed.

Quote Originally Posted by fadingintofall View Post
    as a pally tank I only found S-Halls hard because of the last boss. Alcatraz and S-Labs were easy (S-Labs being one of our favorites because it was a joke). But I think that might be just because I was a pally, and in heroics pally tanks at the time were pretty OP.

As for GW2... I made the mistake of requesting the time off at release. Not at early release. Oh well. I'm psyched for the game. Played... the first and last beta weekend (was out of town for the second)... didn't get to try any dungeons or pvp. I'm a slacker =).
    When do you work? Are you off weekends? Because the early release starts Friday Night/Saturday Morning at Midnight.(US Pacific Time).

And if you do work weekends..sucks to be you

As for H-SLab and Alcatraz. Like I said they were a bitch for a fresh 70 warrior to tank. I knew my class and how to tank, but HP was another story. Now that I think of it H-Slab was a joke, but the meteor guys before the last boss of Alc almost 1shot me. (sorry for off topic guys, it's too nostalgic not to talk about :P)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastwords View Post

Infracted for trolling.
    Fun fact... Nobody has been calling GW2 a WoW killer. =\
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Fun fact... Nobody has been calling GW2 a WoW killer. =\
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Guild+Wars+2+the+WOW+killer

Fun fact, random person talking out his ass like most people do on the internet.
    Infracted for trolling --Kel
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-08-08 at 03:08 AM.