Poll: ?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    About 200, then quit. Very beautiful game. Really a great piece of artwork. But bland in quest content.

Deleted
    1 hour tops

80 on my first character on the PS3 which was sneak/archer + sword and board hybrid. Level 43

18 on my second character on the PS3 which was a conjuror/destruction breton. Level 23

43 on my third character on PC which is once again sneak/arcer + sword and board hybrid. Level 21 and still going strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran, hiding whoopie cushions under Rhonin's chair.
    "Before quitting"?

I'm still playing this damn game because I keep finding new stuff to do. I still haven't even done the Dark Brotherhood quests because the Thieves Guild entertained me so.
    Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and for thy possession, the ends of the earth. Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron. Thou shalt dash them in pieces, like a potter's vessel. Be wise now therefore ye kings. Be admonished ye judges of the earth. Serve the lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the son lest he be angry, and ye perish in the way, though his wrath be kindled but a little.

All about those mods. Make the game more difficult at higher levels, uncap all skills from 100 to around 300 max level. Add new armor, weapons, overhaul the entire perk system. Add 100 different Dragons and make them a challenge. Overhaul followers, hire a personal army. Add immersion through sounds, graphics, small little touches in the world. Add diversity to guards, make everyone killable like in Morrowind. Overhaul the combat system to make it harder, add new killing blows, and just add an unprecedented amount of depth to any part of the game.

I will play Skyrim until ES6 comes out just because after I'm finished with one set of mods I can find more and restart.
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.6ghz | Corsair H70 | SLI GTX580 @ 850 Core | OCZ Vertex 2 90GB (Boot)
    G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB RAM @ 1800mhz 8-9-8-24

Avid game lover and Twitch streamer @ twitch.tv/rendhammerTV

Has anyone finished Dawnguard yet?

Still playing. Though I have taken breaks every now and then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Has anyone finished Dawnguard yet?
    Ahh I love you for posting that! I wasn't aware it had been released on pc yet.

Currently have 110 hours logged but after I make a new character to play through Dawnguard it will skyrocket :3

I think I was in the 170-180 range. Last I looked, I was at 165, but I'm not sure how much longer I played from there. I didn't necssarily quit. I completed all of the base game's achievements. When I have a job, time, and money, I'll get Dawnguard and beat that.

---------- Post added 2012-08-04 at 06:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rendhammer View Post
    All about those mods. Make the game more difficult at higher levels, uncap all skills from 100 to around 300 max level. Add new armor, weapons, overhaul the entire perk system. Add 100 different Dragons and make them a challenge. Overhaul followers, hire a personal army. Add immersion through sounds, graphics, small little touches in the world. Add diversity to guards, make everyone killable like in Morrowind. Overhaul the combat system to make it harder, add new killing blows, and just add an unprecedented amount of depth to any part of the game.

I will play Skyrim until ES6 comes out just because after I'm finished with one set of mods I can find more and restart.
    I have it on Xbox, but even if I had it on PC, I have a hard time playing through the same campaign again, mods or not. I just get bored knowing the outcome ahead of time.

Deleted
    This game makes you come back all the time. Like a whisper in your ear "play me"

Deleted
    I quit after around 2 hours, I accidentally set a village on fire and some people didn't like that, so I died and lost interest.

1 if that. Just couldn't get into it, I thought it was kind of boring.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by aekya View Post
    Hmmm... Vanilla skyrim about 30 hours, modded added about 60 more or so.
    Havent touched dawnguard yet, but its fun to just sandbox it, do crap and explore.

Its not for everyone however, many prefer guided tours or linear things and get lost in open worlds, nothing wrong with it, but its not for everyone.
    Exactly, even in oblivion I never seriously cared for the main story, I spent most of my time sandboxing and planning/leveling/gearing and exploring. I maybe completed the full main story 1 or 2 times, but I spend an incredible amount of hours on the game doing everything else.

If you need a solid linear main story to keep you going and appreciate a game, it is understandable you can't stand to play Skyrim for more than a few hours.

I have made a Mage, A Thief and a Warrior character. Though what really annoyed me was that you can't destroy the thieves guild, Also the quests are pretty linear most of the time which is kind of annoying.
    Edit: Also not being able to kill everyone annoyed me. (I have it on ps3)
    Last edited by speedymonkey; 2012-08-04 at 12:48 PM.

About 105 hours, completed almost every quest I could find before touching the main questline (except for the ones where you picked factions, I thought that a hero should be politically independent) and then after around 100 hours of gameplay I got around and completed the main questline - I was gravely disappointed at how short it actually was.

A good game I'd say, but definitely not a 10/10 as every review of it gave when it was released.

Deleted
    only about 5 hours, I have a social life after all...

Deleted
    120 hours according to steam.
    I still have a lot to do in it so maybe I'll start it again someday.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hardly remember but I think it was around 30-50 hours before I stopped playing it which was because I beat it. As cool as it was I couldn't get myself to play it again even as a different race, just wasn't as epic feeling as last time when I was a Nord warrior guy. But im sure I'll get back to it eventually as an Elf or a catman.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2012-08-04 at 03:02 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

According to Steam, I played 85 hours. Thought it was over 100 at least, voted before I checked. Woops. So minus one from '100+', and add one to '75-90'.

110 hours played.

Waiting for mods to update for Dawnguard DLC & fix the bugs that most likely are in the DLC.

Then I'll replay.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance