Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Well, To be fair, Diablo 3 have about 24 people working on it. As I pointed earlier the REAL ARMY was used in the cinematic.
    Counter! But here's the thing they have a ridiculous amount of money compared to this Independent company what was it? GGG? Yeah there you go; GGG income is soley based on there community and such.

I think D3 did all it needed too. It made people sub to annual pass including me (Never any exp with any diablo games). Was a great time waster plus a year sub to blizz its win win. I highly dout D3 pvp will take off in a big way

I don't act to know like I know the rules or regs but if the RMAH is included the guy with the biggest purse wins if they want to. I like D3 to a point but so easily boring and no aim to it I can't see PVP being anything more than a timewaster.

My friends and I recently picked Digimon World 4 back up.... It has the same time of gameplay (3 diff difficulties, random drops). Digimon World 4 lasted us a whole lot longer than Diablo III for me. D3 ended same month I got it.

That's the thing. Diablo 3 was worth the 60 bucks and worth a good 150 hours or so. After that, it's not a great game with solid lasting appeal. But that's how games are these days. If you get 50 hours out of a game it's generally a success.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    That's the thing. Diablo 3 was worth the 60 bucks and worth a good 150 hours or so. After that, it's not a great game with solid lasting appeal. But that's how games are these days. If you get 50 hours out of a game it's generally a success.
    It was suppose to make me play ENDLESSLY like I did in D2 =( It's not doing that like at all /cries

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Valen~ View Post
    You should compare it more to the recent RPGs. Comparing Diablo 3 with its predecessor is equally wrong! Different era - different market!

Also, D2 had those expansions keeping it up... when D3 didn't even have its first patch -.-. As you said you'll return once PvP is released, so you actually answered yourself!
    So much wrong with this post.

Yes you should compare it to its predecessor.
    Different era - different market!...wtf?? Still a dungeon crawler with the blood and gore.
    D2 had those expansions...and by expansions you mean ONE. LoD.
    PvP will not make it better, it will make it worse.

Plain and simple...Diablo3 is meant to be a loot grind game. Smash and grab if you must. The problem is that you cannot smash and the best way to grab is now the Auction House. Flawed on both ends.
    "If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i wish i could have gotten more than 30 hours out of it. just couldnt get into it personally. ive played every blizzard title with the exception of sc2. i got into sc2's beta and just realized it wasnt worth the money for me.

i did get to do that weekend beta thing a couple weeks before d3's launch and while i wasnt overly impressed i thought that surely itll get better and ill get my 60 bucks out of it. unfortunately it didnt get much better and in my opinion wasnt worth my 60 bucks.

opinions are opinions. that being said i dont know a whole lot about their plans for pvp but wont that sort of encourage a pay to win type gameplay? seems like a majority of the games would be decided by how much one spends on items from the auction house. again just my opinion
    Last edited by dokilar; 2012-08-03 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Layuth View Post
    So much wrong with this post.

Yes you should compare it to its predecessor.
    Different era - different market!...wtf?? Still a dungeon crawler with the blood and gore.
    D2 had those expansions...and by expansions you mean ONE. LoD.
    PvP will not make it better, it will make it worse.

Plain and simple...Diablo3 is meant to be a loot grind game. Smash and grab if you must. The problem is that you cannot smash and the best way to grab is now the Auction House. Flawed on both ends.
    a) No you should not...!
    b) Yes one!
    c) Worse? WoW... how can more content (which is not forced on anything) make it worse?

Your hatred for the AH is seemable, that your points become biased! Of course, it's your opinion and you're free to say whatever you wish!

That said, it is fundamentally flawed to make AH the bad guy here. You're free to not use it! The "not smash" I ignore as it's pure nonsense! There are many people who cleared inferno without the assistance of AH! It surely will take more time, but there you have it...

Well, there's nothing more I can say! D3 had its ups and downs. I won't say it's an amusing-awesome-invigorating game as that'll be pure nonsense too! But the hate people like to generate about it is just way too much!

It's beyond naive to claim the introduction of the auction house money grabs have not had an effect on the game. Everyone's game is changed by the nerfs that have and will happen (some of which I have already posted about) because of blizzards stubbornness in keeping the AH's the prominent aspect of the game. It effects everyone that they can no longer farm that certain place , or chest, or destructible.

The auction house has a negative effect on the game. It's a simple fact. You don't have to look very far back to read statements from blue's or patch's to see the effect it has and will continue to have on the game.

Adding content to a game that should of been there at release is not adding to the product. It's an attempt to bring it up to par of what it was being marketed as....A Diablo sequel. It would be like picking flowers out of someones garden, only to give them to the same person.

FYI Ending every sentence with an exclamation point will only make people start reading your posts with the voice of Gilbert Gottfried.
    Last edited by Lomak; 2012-08-03 at 11:31 PM.

Deleted
    It lasted exactly 13 days for me. That's when I defeat Diablo on Inferno. Barely touched it after that.

Deleted
    I'm still playing my WD and farming gear and at the same time leveling a monk. I'm nowhere near done with this game! I don't know anyone who has stopped playing, only a few friends of mine who started playing it recently because they didn't know about it.

Yet another thread from someone saying they are quitting a game, when nobody cares that you are quitting or your reasons.

Post constructively, please
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-08-04 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    Yet another thread from someone saying they are quitting a game, when nobody cares that you are quitting or your reasons.
    Thanks for taking the time to share that with us.

I cleared normal and got into act 2 nightmare and kinda never logged in again. Got a little bored tbh.

I am looking forward to jumping back in again in the future...... but not just yet.

Yet another person saying something without actually reading the OP, saying nobody cares yet they obviously care enough to post in the thread.
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Valen~ View Post
    c) Worse? WoW... how can more content (which is not forced on anything) make it worse?
    Watch what they do to the classes when PvP comes out and then come back here and apologize.

...and by "smash" I do not mean kiting mobs around a dungeon for 5-10 minutes.
    "If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    Yet another person saying something without actually reading the OP, saying nobody cares yet they obviously care enough to post in the thread.
    Yes, because "this game sucks and got old fast!" is a productive op!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because "this game sucks and got old fast!" is a productive op!
    Well you actually didn't really read the OP; The guy is asking of how many people quit and such thus It's a thread that's likely to be discussed and one of the first btw

This thread isn't for D3 sucks etc.(because I really love a lot of things about the game) but I'm just wondering if people have stopped playing too, and why? It's only been out for almost 3 months now?

I quit playing when it became quite apparent that the drops rates were being manipulated to prop up the AH. Make a tinfoil hat for me if you wish, but I believe it.

Deleted
    Yeah me and the 3 RL mates who started playing it quit about 3-4 weeks after it released.
    The first weekend after i came out we had a little LAN, and cleared it all the way through up to hell.
    After we cleared infero as well then (which felt more like a job then playing a game for fun) 3 of us leveled another class, and halfway though that quit.
    The endgame is just not fun enough for me to keep me interested, it feels like you're farming gold to get new gear, which you don't need in the first place since you already cleared inferno.
    So yeah i quit a while ago and frankly, whish i had never bought it in the first place.