The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

SPriest H-Spine Questions

Hey everyone, so I have recently been asked by my guilds top raid team to join into their H-Spine attempts over this past week due to the unreliability of one of their members currently and I just had a few questions...

1. Bottled Wishes and Will of the Unbinding is the best combo for this Fight correct?

2. Is our shadowfiend supposed to be up every time the tendon is up? Wondering as sometimes my Sfiend has 20-30 seconds of a CD left.

3. Would it be worth it to sacrifice the 2737 haste breakpoint to get an extra point in mastery for this fight as mastery increases damage on tendons with Sfiend up?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...here are our logs from Tuesday and last night if anyone can give a few more helpful points.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/fbvnr8r4mybf2ok8/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/voybqqla3y9fbuhl/

15+ Year Old Account
    its as if there wasn't 50 threads made for each of the questions from months and months ago...

1. yes

2. use mind flay more

3. doesn't matter with 30% nerf

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ameri View Post
    Hey everyone, so I have recently been asked by my guilds top raid team to join into their H-Spine attempts over this past week due to the unreliability of one of their members currently and I just had a few questions...

1. Bottled Wishes and Will of the Unbinding is the best combo for this Fight correct?

2. Is our shadowfiend supposed to be up every time the tendon is up? Wondering as sometimes my Sfiend has 20-30 seconds of a CD left.

3. Would it be worth it to sacrifice the 2737 haste breakpoint to get an extra point in mastery for this fight as mastery increases damage on tendons with Sfiend up?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...here are our logs from Tuesday and last night if anyone can give a few more helpful points.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/fbvnr8r4mybf2ok8/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/voybqqla3y9fbuhl/
    1. best combo for pure tendon dps is bottled wishes + necrotic focus hc, but will of unbinding will be way better for overall damage.

2. Some spriest will spam mind flay with sw on the almag just to get sfiend up for every lift, but unless you really lack tendon dps, i would just do normal rotation on the almag and spam mind spikes with Archangel up.

3. Only if you really lack tendon dps, wich you really shouldnt at this point.

you should aim for 3202 haste xD not 2737

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Deleted
    A stated already there's a lot of these threads with lots of useful info.

As for gearing yourself. It really depends where you're lacking DPS.
    If you're killing the tendons without issues (you really should be considering the massive nerfs) then just run your normal gearset to get the amalgs down faster for faster lifts. Can just use fiend on every other lift if required, if it isn't required then just use it on CD to get the lifts happening faster.

If you are struggling to kill the tendons at this stage then... um. Chances are you're stacking moonkins or lack pretty much every raid buff. If that's still not the case then you can consider reforging to a heavy mastery build and using bottled wishes, between each lift you can just put up SW: P and spam flay to get sfiend ready. - This method is really not ideal to killing the boss and should only be used if you can't kill the tendon although you should point out to your raid leader that there are probably many other reasons why it isn't dying rather than you running a haste heavy gearset.

Deleted

2,3)
    - If you got mage, ask Focus Magic. You need it more than anyone else this fight.
    - Reforge to crit in addition of mastery, forget haste totally. Having some haste breakpoint is irrevelant in this fight, not having Fiend ready for tendon is huge loss, easily cutting your tendon damage to half.
    - Try to get away from job of breaking grips if you have it, you lose MF uptime every time when breaking and therefore increase chance of not having Fiend ready.
    - Make sure to not do Hymn of Hope between tendon burns when you should be MF'ing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I dont feel sfiend is important to have up -every- lift. We were struggling for several weeks on Spine, and the first time (and every time after) we got it down with 1 sfiend per plate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sahtila View Post
    2,3)
    - If you got mage, ask Focus Magic. You need it more than anyone else this fight.
    - Reforge to crit in addition of mastery, forget haste totally. Having some haste breakpoint is irrevelant in this fight, not having Fiend ready for tendon is huge loss, easily cutting your tendon damage to half.
    - Try to get away from job of breaking grips if you have it, you lose MF uptime every time when breaking and therefore increase chance of not having Fiend ready.
    - Make sure to not do Hymn of Hope between tendon burns when you should be MF'ing.
    Do not, absolutely not refuse to use hymn of hope or divine hymn because you will loose time MF'ing...

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Do not, absolutely not refuse to use hymn of hope or divine hymn because you will loose time MF'ing...
    If his guild can't down a tendon without his SF/MS combo being up for every pull and they're not willing to wait for his CD to be up, then it's more important for him to be MF'ing to get his SF off CD than it is to give some mana back to the healers. If they can't get the tendon down in 2 without him that's a hard wipe, rather than the healers maybe not having enough mana at the end of the fight to heal as they like. There's much better times to mana hymn, such as right after a plate goes down where his MF channel time isn't as large a concern.

If his guild can without him, well then yeah, he should hymn.

An arcane mage giving you FM is very important if you have one. When we were progressing on it at the 5% nerf if I didn't have FM it wouldn't be up in time and we weren't able to get it down in 2 goes. I got a lot of flak for asking for FM, but it's very important. If he wants to spend a GCD giving it to someone else as the thing is exploding he can, but make sure he gives it back to you :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    This. Sacrificing raid survivability is plain dumb.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    If his guild can't down a tendon without his SF/MS combo being up for every pull and they're not willing to wait for his CD to be up, then it's more important for him to be MF'ing to get his SF off CD than it is to give some mana back to the healers. If they can't get the tendon down in 2 without him that's a hard wipe, rather than the healers maybe not having enough mana at the end of the fight to heal as they like. There's much better times to mana hymn, such as right after a plate goes down where his MF channel time isn't as large a concern.
    If his healers get some extra healing or mana during a certain time they might be able to help tendon dps, and if the only thing that keeps them from killing the boss or not is weather or not he have his fiend up or not then the rest of the team needs to step it up.

Of course they do, but healer DPS on a tendon is not going to matter nearly as much as him having a SFiend.

The limiting factor in healers DPS'ing during a tendon burn is the incoming damage anyway, and not so much the health of the players before the burn. The raid can be at 10% health besides the blood tank(s) if no extraneous bloods are being killed.

Hello.

1. Yes
    2. Yes and no. No if your raid kills the Amalgamation fast (good thing )
    3. Reforging shouldn't matter much unless you are turning off the 30% buff

Logs: Tell the DPS to step it up
    hello :3

Unless you're missing some crit buffs, you shouldn't have any issues getting SF off cd by the tendon even if you're dealing with grips.
    Hymns are normally used after plate has gone off and before the first go on the next plate, when you have more time to mindflay away anyway, so they aren't an issue either.

If you're struggling with the dps, reforge mastery > crit > haste. Mastery is about 1.6 times better than int during the burst, so feel free to downgrade 410 gear to as low as 378 as long as the mastery gain is significant enough. Best second trinket is necromantic focus HC, but you need to dot up some bloods before the tendon shows up so the buff keeps rolling.