Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Because they weren't loved as a child.
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

People really need to be more respectful.

Sounds like you need to grow a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    Sounds like you need to grow a pair.
    Please be more respectful, you don't even know these people.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Please be more respectful, you don't even know these people.
    I know these types. He needs to grow a thicker skin, this isn't baby hour anymore.

I couldn't find a link to the full part of the episode but here is South Parks take on why people are so angry.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say a slight bit of alpha-male to their personality and an overbearing desire to be THE BEST there ever was.

And money.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

why are people aggressive pricks? Because we are human.

Generally throughout humanity, kindness and understanding are the exception, not the rule. Why are war games so popular? Why are 99% of videogames centered around violence? Because humans are a violent, aggressive species.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    I know these types. He needs to grow a thicker skin, this isn't baby hour anymore.
    Wegotabadasshere.png

It's because people use anonymity as a shield. I've never really understood why people will act so radically different over the internet compared to how they act face to face.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    I stay calm and cock punch people who act this way irl. No joke.
    Peace please.

Quote Originally Posted by F4ulty View Post
    Answered your own question in the thread title.

They just are.
    Couldnt have said it better myself. Some people are agressive pricks because they are agressive pricks. You can never logical arguments to sink into a crazy person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe because, you have a history of doing things you shouldnt do. You ask for advice, and then dont listen to it.

When your way fails, you run back to whoever you were complaining to, and waste their time with your sob story.

It gets old. Fast.

-Aggressive Prick
    "My sword? [Heck] yeah I know how to use it. What's to understand about swish-swish-stab? It's a [freak'n] sword dude, it's not a fighter jet." -Tucker "This One Goes to Eleven

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Because they are frustrated with their life and:

1: Thinks the world owes them something

2: Blame everyone else for their own failures.

Its quite common to see in a PVP BG, that the ones calling other players "Retards, F..kheads etc"
    are usually the players with no KBs or have a lack of DPS..
    Oh dear... Maybe the people getting frustrated are the 1s who are trying to get the flag back with no help in WSG or TP rather than farming kbs and damage in midfield ? This explains both why they have less damage / kbs and why they are getting frustrated with the rest of their idiotic team.

I see this all the time. I'll be in a team with no healers and so the only realistic way of scoring is to attack their flag carrier fast and get our flag back but instead i'll look at map and our whole team in midfield (other than fc) while i'm waiting near their base and begging in bg chat for a couple of people to come help kill the efc... and in the 5 mins it takes 1 person to bother coming to help our fc dies. When not 1 person comes to help and you know what is going to happen (our flag carrier is going to die) and you want to win after losing about 10 games in a row for the same stupid reasons.... you tend to get a tad frustrated. I start of asking politely but when it is ignored I start calling people retards etc....

So to sum up the OPs question from my point of view. "Because they deserve it!"
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2012-08-04 at 05:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd wager they're working through their own sense of smallness in the world by lashing out at others. A sense of "smallness" can manifest itself through timidness, physical attributes, lack of success... any of these are possible contributing factors.

Suffice to say, I've met not only aggressive pricks on the internet (obviously) but in real life as well... people that are quick to shoot down or insult others while simultaneously promoting themselves. And more often I see men do this to other men in front of women.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio
    Oh dear... Maybe the people getting frustrated are the 1s who are trying to get the flag back with no help in WSG rather than farming kbs and damage in midfield ? This explains both why they have less damage / kbs and why they are getting frustrated with the rest of their idiotic team.

I see this all the time. I'll be in a team with no healers and so the only realistic way of scoring is to attack their flag carrier fast and get our flag back but instead i'll look at map and our whole team (other than fc) while i'm begging in bg chat for a couple of people to help kill the efc... and they take 5 mins to come and then our fc dies. When not 1 person comes to help and you know what is going to happen (our flag carrier is going to die) and you want to win.... you tend to get frustrated. Happens all the time.
    I've been in this situation a few times. I can't recall ever calling someone "retarded" or "an idiot." I make a more general "if you guys aren't trying to kill the EFC and their healers, you're doing it wrong" blanket statement in these situations. The only time I ever call people out by name is during Isle of Conquest matches. I make a point of it to say, before the match starts, "instead of running to Workshop and dying instantly and pointlessly, come to hangar instead and make yourself useful to the team." However, as is always the case, two or three people who consider themselves armies of one rush to workshop and die, well, instantly and pointlessly. Like I said, I will call these people out in BG chat, more often than not to the tune of "see, you just died terribly. Please attempt to be more useful next time and come to hangar or docks." Most of the time, I don't get a response, but when I do, it's usually a poorly spelled lashback to the tune of "dude its juts a game, u need 2 chillax" or a person in questing blues saying "stfu noob." I will also call out glaive drivers who attempt to drive right up to the enemy keep's gate, but that's more along the lines of "if you don't know where you need to drive a glaive thrower to, please don't hop in it."

In this case, my aggressive prickishness comes out because I care, most notably so that others don't follow in their bad example, and maybe, JUST maybe, the people actually learn to conduct themselves more usefully in a BG environment in the future.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2012-08-04 at 05:20 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Zebra View Post
    I've always found this to be cute. In the non-anonymous 'offline' world there aren't exactly a shortage of assholes either; if they're an asshole online, there's a better than evens chance they're an asshole offline as well.

So, why are do people like that exist OP? Because overly indulged narcissists exist in all walks of life; when people disagree with them, they can't take the cognitive dissonance disagreement creates and so lash out.
    Exactly what I thought. And those aggressive pricks don't even have to necessarily disagree with you, sometimes it's enough just to say something random and you can be sure it offended their mothers in some way. My average reaction to somebody insulting me would be to look at him indifferently and say something along the likes of "whatevs bro". What often happens is that all hell breaks loose: "Got a problem with me? Let's settle this and btw I did your mom yesterday..." , etc. The questions I always ask myself are why offend someone in the first place and why take something some retard blurts out serious and get in a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Its quite common to see in a PVP BG, that the ones calling other players "Retards, F..kheads etc"
    are usually the players with no success in real life or have a lack of inches..
    Fixed the translation for you.

because irl you get punched, here you dont

For starters, you can't have violence without physical contact.

Secondly, humans are cooperative by nature; so if the majority of people you encounter seem uncooperative, then you are probably the one who isn't cooperating.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nature versus Nurture debate, gooooooooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by Amat View Post
    . I am trained in gorilla warfare .
    O_O... you... you were trained to fight like a gorilla? I didn't realize that the army was able to teach such skills.

(could tell you were joking, that just made be laugh a bit, I'm sure you meant guerrilla)