Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Paladins] How are you going to level? [MoP Edition]

Hey guys! Accidently posting this in general a month ago, did not manage to get it moved here so i start the thread again! Im very curious!

Some of you might remember the thread i created when the Cataclysm were near us. (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...l-in-Cataclysm)

Last time it was for Holy Paladins only, but this time id love to hear from you all!
    I remember that ive got some inspiration from it last time so here we go again, How are you, my fellow Paladins going to level in MoP?

What spec do you plan to go with?
    What will be your main source of XP, dungeons or questing?
    Do you plan on going for Realm first of any kind?
    Professions, will you level them during the race to 90 or after you hit max level?
    Every thought and idea is very welcome!

Personally i stayed Holy on my Paladin during 80-85 and found it quite enjoyable so im thinking of doing the same thing 85-90 with Prot offspec as a backup plan.
    My main source will be questing, im going to do some dungeons once in a while and just enjoy the new content, im not in a hardcore guild this expansion and will just enjoy the new zones and hopefully met some new friends along the way to 90!
    Last edited by Uniqed; 2012-08-03 at 11:28 PM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is on the assumption I play:

My usual method: Ret leveling and grinding and questing.
    Holy for dungeons, but Ret I could too I will do dungeons once while leveling for the extra exp. I'll see enough of them farming overtime!
    Holy is my MS but Ret gets the job done faster leveling.
    I don't plan on any realm first.
    Professions I'll keep with my good ole JC & Alchemy and I'll try level them along the way if I can. JC will require my DK to farm the nodes I think or dailies, alchemy require another alt lol. Cooking and First Aid will be done while leveling and doing the new cool farmville area

Tanking dungeons all the way, healing at the end-game. I hate ret, so personally I have zero interest in doing anything other than tanking and healing.

Professions are going to be a secondary thing for me, I need to hit 90 first to be ready to raid on that second week start. Hopefully I'll also be able to mix in my Cloud Serpent dailies in with my regular dungeon queues.

Prot or Ret. Depends on how many mobs I can pull. If I can get hold of ten at a time, I'll do prot, otherwise ret is probably faster.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Retribution all the way probably, lots of questing and daily dungeons (not farming them until 90's). I've always wanted to switch to Prot for tanking but taking on the tank role seems to be difficult, why would anyone want to go with me as tank when they could go with someone who's already good at it..

Levelling professions much later than my character as I don't have Mining for Engineering on my main (got it on an alt), I might level Tailoring up as I go though if there's a new version of the melee cloak enchant.
    I really think u should give it a try, its really not that hard. I recomend u start now, in cata, and start by tanking a few 5 man HoT. that way u get the hang of it, u can basicly tank all of HoT with HotR and Righteus fury on.. and then u just practise to get better and better, Let people know when u start the instance that u are new to tanking, and that u appriciate any tips and help u can get.

If u like, just ask and ill add u as RL and ill gladly give u some pointers, have tanked for 8 years as warrior, Paladin and last as a Monk.

Going to spec Retribution and go to town on mobs all the way to 90. I like that we're on the ground while leveling again, makes questing around the world a more interesting experience. Except maybe for those damned elite Hozen traveling in packs in Kun-lai. Those can go huff broken glass for all I care. >.>
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Ret since vanilla, not giving it up now =p, mostly quests but I plan on running each dungeon once or twice.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Holy shockadin for leveling which I heard is actually pretty effiecent. Plus I plan on alot of world pvp while lvling and being a healer with a few friends will dominate.
    Holy for dungeons with the guild which will probably be alot of the lvling for me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    Going to spec Retribution and go to town on mobs all the way to 90. I like that we're on the ground while leveling again, makes questing around the world a more interesting experience. Except maybe for those damned elite Hozen traveling in packs in Kun-lai. Those can go huff broken glass for all I care. >.>
    Yeah, leveling in Wrath was so much more of an intense and involved experience because we could not fly. Cata leveling was much less interesting since we could just breeze through everything on a flying mount.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Retribution all the way probably, lots of questing and daily dungeons (not farming them until 90's). I've always wanted to switch to Prot for tanking but taking on the tank role seems to be difficult, why would anyone want to go with me as tank when they could go with someone who's already good at it..

Levelling professions much later than my character as I don't have Mining for Engineering on my main (got it on an alt), I might level Tailoring up as I go though if there's a new version of the melee cloak enchant.
    99% of the good tanks you run dungeons or raid with today sucked at it on their first try. Probably half won't admit it but they did. A lot of tanks start with a full guild run, people they know who are more forgiving and aren't going to kick you for screwing up one pull. You'll never know if you don't try it.

I'm going to go ret/prot, keep BS and mining up as much as I can while leveling. Probably mix questing in ret with a few dungeon runs a week in prot for the xp boost and to get to know the dungeons a little before 90. The dungeons also provide a nice break from being ganked by 'those people' that rush to 90 the first day so they can go back to the starting areas and kill 85s over and over.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the moment I'm thinking that I'm going to farm dungeons with a guild group after launch to avoid the huge amounts of people in the starting zones. Once our group falls asleep, I plan on going ret or prot (Not sure yet) to level through zones on my own.

I'm sure the respawn rate will be crazy again just as it was at the start of cata, so prot for questing for me. Keeping holy offspec for dungeons.

Deleted
    I'm gonna go Prot leveling with a guild group. Both for questing and dungeon crawling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on if I get out of this 3rd shift job. If I do and can get into a raiding guild then I'll do dungeons with guildies. If not, then Ret and quest.

And to the person who wants to tank.. try it. I started tanking in Vanilla on my Warrior and was terrible at it. I then tanked my way through BC and swapped to my Paladin who has been my main since then.

You don't need a fancy UI or Computer to tank as I've tanked Cata HM's with 5 fps(shit laptop) and no addons. Try it and you'll see how easy it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prot all the way I'll probably do what I've done for every Xpac so far...

Go to new zone>pick up quests> grind like a mofo till I get a dungeon quest> Do dungeon>finish zone quests>move to new zone> repeat.

It's worked so far, don't see why it wont now.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Most likely power through some dungeons with a guild group as a holy for a few levels to hopefully get to the zones where there is not a billion people, and from there, I have no idea probably going ret and questing.

That is if I can even log on to my server at release.

Deleted
    Is leveling only via LFD viable? I have no ret or prot gear at all and holy dps is just lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentStocket View Post
    Is leveling only via LFD viable? I have no ret or prot gear at all and holy dps is just lol.
    Its viable but far from the fastest way.

Level only by farming herbs/ore!
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentStocket View Post
    I believe in MoP quest rewards are now tailored to your class, so even if you don't have any Ret/Prot gear at the moment, you should be able to put a set together before leaving the Jade forest ;)