Cannot freakin wait! God I hope it's a tanking soul

http://community.riftgame.com/en/201...e-soul-reveal/

O.. Didn't you guys all see this in the email sent out on monday? :P
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

I would enjoy a new healing soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    I would enjoy a new healing soul.
    YUP! I'd be surprised if they turned mages into tanks...but I wouldn't put it past them : P

Kinda wish they add souls for roles missing or badly represented in the classes; warrior healer, mage, tank, 2nd cleric and rogue tank souls.

Generally speaking, I never been big on singular classes. I enjoy when games don't have rigid classes at all. Simply allowing players to build toward an end freely. Or at the least liberal hybrid classes; plate wearer w/ a bow who heals with physical skills and damages with magic. That sort of thing.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-08-04 at 01:57 AM.

I'm all for the flexibility thing as well.
    Pick the class whose mechanics you enjoy the most I say, not the one that has the role you want!

I'm going to be very excited if I can tank on my Mage. I will be all over it like a rash.

Would like a 3rd resource for Clerics as well. They are simply to bland currently with mana being no real consideration at all.

I enjoy the soul system but I think Rift can do with making each of the archetypal classes a little more distinctive and the individual souls more robust.

To be blunt, the classes are sort of boring at this point. IMO, of course.

Deleted
    A tanking soul would be interesting to see how they developed it. Even though I rather they made elementalist with stonepet the tanking one. That stone is fun to run around with, but at lvl 50 I had to bench him for other souls :/ But then I dont know what the new soul would be like, perhaps interesting if they made it kind of like mesmer based on clones, would be interesting as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slack...we've known about this since the last livestream that they were going to reveal some details about the new Mage soul in the next stream

Get your questions in now before next Friday

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ul-reveal.html

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is seriously very exciting, can't wait to see what it is!!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Is anyone going to be downright pissed if the mage soul turns out to be another DPS spec? A lot of players are banking on something 'new', and I certainly don't blame them.

Any addition is good, but I do believe these additional souls should provide more variety to each class. I'd be disappointed with, say, one new DPS soul per class, but not outright offended.

Wouldn't say I would be "pissed" if the mage soul was another DPS soul. Might be a healing soul? But yea, DPS soul probably as likely as any other guess.

Trion don't surprise me too much in their core design. Rift is a rather "safe"/generic MMO in that regard. The game aims to provide easily understood archetypes.

I wouldn't say pissed, but more annoyed. I personally hope they expand on the souls for each class that aren't represented within that class. Healing for mage, tanking for cleric, dual wield for warrior, and either tank or support for rogue.

It would be nice for a healing warrior and rogue (since bard counts as support even though it can heal), or a support warrior. Not sure how they could do a tanking cloth-wearing class. And an actual support soul for cleric would be nice. But honestly, for mage, I would like a new healing soul that would compliment the healing of chloromancer.

Oh, and off-topic: Grats on mod status, Fencers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Kinda wish they add souls for roles missing or badly represented in the classes; warrior healer, mage, tank, 2nd cleric and rogue tank souls.

Generally speaking, I never been big on singular classes. I enjoy when games don't have rigid classes at all. Simply allowing players to build toward an end freely. Or at the least liberal hybrid classes; plate wearer w/ a bow who heals with physical skills and damages with magic. That sort of thing.

I'd rather they added to the lesser represented roles rather than the missing ones. While I think a lot of people will be disappointed if its not a tanking soul, I'd rather it were healing or support. But healing would be my number 1 choice. Similarly with rogues I'd like to see tanking or support, and clerics I'd like to see tanking or dps (did you see what I did there?). Warriors are a slight exception as I think I'd like to see them with a ranged spec (axe-slinger would be awesome!) as I think they could benefit from that greatly - see the gripes dps warriors had with parts of Mael.

I think people are thinking that if they went mage/tank, warrior/heals, rogue/heals and cleric/support (I know then can queue as such, but they havent got a proper support tree as you would consider a bard or archon, most people seem to consider cleric support as hybrid dps/healing builds) then it would he awesomesauce and everyone would be happy because everyone could do everything (almost) but adding to roles that already exist would make it so much easier for pairing with the existing souls, and likely better overal in terms of viable souls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You know, at some point, Hitler was "just a beta" and people didn't stop him... then he went live.
    Just saying.
    MMO Champ forums - where Cata is comparable to Hitler.

Can get around the cloth armor for a mage by giving them a tank buff just as Rogues and Clerics receive. Just make it so if a mage turns on that buff their threat & armor are boosted to Warrior/Cleric/Rogue tank equivalent. Mein of Honor/Guardian Phase for a mage, essentially.

I'd love if the mage tank souls was like the Sith Inquisitor tank. Really enjoyed that.

It's more likely to be another healing soul. Mages need more variety in that department.

If you get a tank soul you will end up like clerics

Tank mage + Archon + Warlock could be fun. Or Elementalist + Archon + tank mage. I really think there is a lot of potential a mage tank brings for soloing and group tanking. Also gets the mage way from damn pet builds. Grr.

All this is mote, however. As in SL the majority of gear drops in raids will still [and forever] be cleric tanking crap. In your hearts, you know this to be true.

Deleted
    they get me rather annoyed with their 1 bit of information every 2 months policy regarding storm legion.

If it's DPS I will be very pissed.

I'm expecting another healing soul, but it would definitely be interesting if it is some kind of tank.

I seriously hope warriors are given a viable support soul in the expansion.