Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Not being a tanking soul and simply being a buff-your-casting-time-and-survivability-as-you-melee soul....

Yeah I is disappointed.

But it's cool, gives something fun to play around with, a tiny bit extra survivability, and... I don't know that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    Wait, what? The website keeps spelling it Harbinger. Shouldnt it be Harbringer?
    Harbringer isn't actually a word, as far as I know. At least, not in English.

As for the soul itself, it looks awesome. I want it now. Can I have it now? I want it now. I might need to resub to RIFT and start getting into it again. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Very tasty reveal

Gotta love how relaxed the work environment seems at Trion, Scott Hartsman doing his "hi mom", Russ turning off the server halfways through

Somebody finally edited the first 12 mins from the MMORPG video

The Storm Legion page has also been updated now with a bit of Lore:

he Harbinger adds fearsome melee prowess to the Mage Calling, wielding blades of conjured Air and Life energy. This grim weapon master spells doom for enemies in close combat, and can work in tandem with other Souls to reduce cast times, providing deadly barrages from any range. The Harbinger uses unarmored mobility and future-sight to survive in the thick of battle, invoking absorption, self-healing, and avoidance abilities – including invisibility – to mitigate damage and set up devastating attacks.
    For the role players:

The Storm Legion Commander watched with satisfaction as a small army of Telarans trudged into camp. For all the untapped power of its sourcestone, this world had fallen quickly. Still, he wondered if Regulos knew they were stealing so many souls.

An ear-splitting bolt of energy shook him from thought.

“The Queen wants the captives alive!” he bellowed, pushing through bodies toward the gate. There, he discovered an old man standing over one of his soldiers. The Commander whistled, and Legionaries drew their swords.

“The Queen values power, Mage – and fealty.” He waved a hand dismissively. “Break him in the name of Crucia.”

As the guards charged, the old man summoned blades of energy. His eyes darkened briefly, staring past the Commander. Then he flickered among the attacking soldiers, who fell as one, clutching livid slashes in their armor.

The Commander was stunned by the pace of the erupting melee, the blades of sizzling magic, the swordsman who seemed to see the future. Though a dozen soldiers joined the fray, he dodged with prescient ease, or blocked their blows with shields of light.

“Archers!” the Commander shouted. But the old man flashed to the parapets where the bowmen stood, and the killing began anew. Warping space, the man cleft through arrows in flight and the archers who loosed them – at the same time.

The Storm Legion Commander crawled through the muddy trail prisoners had left as they escaped. The wound in his side smelled of charged copper. He must focus. Contact the Queen. Warn her that his soldiers were dead. That this new threat had ripped his war machines apart.

A chain of light pulled him back to the gate.

“I am Prion.” The old man loomed over the Commander. His blades were gone, transformed into a scythe of glimmering energy. “This Queen of yours – she can hear us?”

The Commander’s tongue thickened as his consciousness was joined. He marveled at the sweep of light.

“Tell her the Harbinger has arrived.”
    Source: http://stormlegion.riftgame.com/en/souls/harbinger/

I don't like the way they went with weapons for the new mage soul. I think its great its more of a buff. What I don't like is that if I want to do max damage I'm stuck in sword mode and can't use the others cosmetically.

Axe mode they said is completely for some kind of healing support which I think is stupid because what If I want to use it for dps? short answer you can't unless you have things on farm or whatever.

Seems pretty sensible to me. They aren't weapons so much as spells.

Really doubt there was going to be a battery of new itemization just for 1 soul. The drop list is way overblown as is. You'd never get a damn thing. Also pretty obvious the cosmetic competent is really not even on their agenda. It has to be mechanically sound/purposeful first.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been busy busy busy and did not get to watch the stream live, but looking forward to watching it while doing some warfronts tonight! Melee dps? Eh, not tank, but it's MELEE and I'd love to try being a melee mage! :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically a battle mage. Boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got fed up waiting for Primalthirst to stop slacking and to post the abilities he and a few others managed to grab while watching the video frame by frame

Harbinger

- Magnetic Blade 5/5 - Tier 3 (11-15) - Blade Buffs increase your chance to Parry attacks by 2/4/6/8/10% and increase the damage of your Slashing attacks by 1/2/3/4/5%

- Eldritch Armor 1/1 - Tier 2 (6-10) - Grant's the Mage's Slashing attacks a 50% chance to reduce the cast time of their next ability by 2 seconds. This ability cannot occur more than once every 3s.

- Eldritch Reply 2/2 - Tier 4 (16-20) - When you Dodge or Parry an attack, you have a 100% chance to reduce the cast time of your next ability by 2s and cause it to not trigger the global cooldown.

- Conditioned Response 1/1 - Tier 6 (26-30) - Instant, Cooldown 30s, Charge +9
    Restores 1881 to 2079 health to the Mage. Cooldown is reset if the Mage is critically hit. Cannot reset more than once every 5 seconds.

- Desperate Response 3/3 - Tier 7 (31-35) - Gives your Conditioned Response a 20/40/60% chance to reset its cooldown when you are damaged while below 50% health. Cannot occur more than once every 5s.

- Blade Shield 2/2 - Tier 8 (36-40) - Your Planar Shield now reduces the incoming damage of the next 7 attacks.

- Reaper's Blade 1/1 - Tier 9 (41pt) - Summons a deadly scythe of magical energy. Slashing attacks deal an additional 506 Life damage and heals the Mage by 213. Any other damaging attacks have a 20% chance to trigger this effect. Increases the Mage's damage by 10% for 6s if an enemy dies within 5s of the Mage damaging them.

- Leaf on the Wind 5/5 - Tier 1 (1-5) - Increases your Dodge chance by 2/4/6/8/10%

- Eldritch Knowledge 5/5 - Tier 1 (1-5) - Increases your Spellpower by 2/4/6/8/10%

- Phase Step pt Root - Instant, Cooldown 30s, Range 15m, Charge +9
    Teleports the Mage behind up to 5 enemies, dealing 4623 to 5110 Air damage plus weapon damage to each.

- Phantom Blades - Instant, Cooldown 30s, Range 30m
    Increases the range of the Mage's single target melee range attacks to 30m for 15s.

-Vorpal Slash - Deals up to 5131 to 5672 Life damage plus weapon damage. Deals an additional 100% of damage done over 8s.

-Bladework - Marks the enemy for 15s. Melee range attacks by the Mage on another target deal their ability damage to the marked enemy as well.

- Glaring Fetters pt Root - Instant, Cooldown 20s, Range 30m, Charge +9
    Snares the enemy, reducing their movement speed by 30%. Deals 1429 Life Damage each second the enemy is moving.

- Planar Retreat - Instant, Cooldown 30s, Melee range
    Stuns for 5s and teleports the Mage backwards 20m. Removes all crowd control effects.

- Blazing Light pt Root - Instant, Melee Range, Charge +9
    Deals 7130 Life damage over 8s. Increases the Mage's Dodge chance by 10%

Dominator

-Broken spirits - Increases damage done by dom abilities by 10% (2x)

-Control Flash - Reduces cast time on Storm Shackle and Mass Exhaustion by 50% (2x)

- Malevolent Shield - Absorbs 50% of healing done to enemy for 10 sec (x amount)

- Pain armor (61 points)- Increases all damage by 15%. When hit deals 20% of damage taken (death damage) to all enemies under CC (does not break CC).

- Lightning wall - Creates 15 meter wall in-front of Mage, deals x damage then another (~1.75x) over 3 sec

Stormcaller

- Storm surge - consumes all E charges on enemy then deals x damage to 5 enemies (divided equally) within 7 meters of original target.

- Lightning Arc - Chains 10 enemies, then each player hit by chain hits another 5 enemies in area for x damage. (similar to the way soul drain works)

- Tempest armor -increases all resists by 50. Gives single target air/water damage to make next AOE instant cast (can not proc more then once per 10 sec)

Pyromancer

- Prime - applies max combust to enemy. Then deals x damage per stack over 8 sec.

Elementalist

- Force of nature - Increases spell damage by .5% and pets damage by 5% for each point spent in Elemetalist soul

Sources: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post3916282

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ive-buffs.html

If you're feeling bored feel free to trawl through the livestream frame by frame in case somethings were missed

Finally, might as well finish up with a picture of most of the listed abilities

The best MMO just keeps getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Got fed up waiting for Primalthirst to stop slacking and to post the abilities he and a few others managed to grab while watching the video frame by frame
    I had to MC my father's 50th. Cut me some slack okay. Jeez!

I don't think many people have noticed but there seems to be 0pt passives for all Mage souls similar to the Elementalist one.
    I am not certain but there are new 0pt icons in SC, Pyro and Chloro trees and both Burning Bright and Living Infusion are no longer present.

Deleted
    New soul looks great to be honest. A clever design decision to give mages some flexibility in how they dps. Think one of the most interesting things will be seeing how well it combos with other souls. I expect it will go well with Pyro from a DPS PoV, but then again pretty much everything goes well with Pyro

I have never wanted to get into Beta so bad before

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    I have never wanted to get into Beta so bad before
    You and me both.

I would do terrible, despicable, unspeakable things to have access right now.

Harbinger is like the most beast solo spec for a mage, Jeez. Trion better put this much awesome into the new Warrior and Cleric souls. I hate playing mages. :/