Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    So much misinformation here I'm not quite sure where to begin.....[COLOR="red"]
    You get a pop up on your screen to alert you that something is happening in the area, it's to draw you into that area.
    This video shows the lead-in DE event chain that opens the Flame Temple Tombs (a mini-dungeon that spawns when the events are completed successfully).
    So telepathy then like I said so no misinformation

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanibull View Post

As far as load screens in GW2 go, you could literally play for hours, maybe even a couple days, without ever seeing one, if you aren't rushing through the game or going back to town constantly, which has been made unnecessary in GW2- everything you need is available on the map you're playing on. I realize that the personal story has more than the regular game, but to say that there are buckets of load screens is, imho, completely fallacious.[COLOR="red"]
    Literally play for hours...maybe if you dont want to teleport anywhere or visit a city or move between zones or go to your personal story or go join a boss fight like shatterer, I hate loading screens, all I was saying was Icandy tried to say GW2 removes them or makes them better it doesnt in fact it increases them, there is nothing fallacious about that. I know why its done, its perfectly logical to instance every zone, but when people try to say GW2 improves on everything they deserve to be questioned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    So telepathy then like I said so no misinformation
    Are you talking about how your character would know in a form of RP?

For Renown Hearts you get context from the NPC with the heart above his head himself, but the context is optional.
    For Dynamic Events, there are npcs with text for context like there are for renown hearts, but there are also criers and other voice acted NPCs giving exposition.

Eh... we're still a few generations from an absolutely loading screen-less MMO experience, but I wouldn't say GW2 has any more than the common MMO.
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2012-08-05 at 08:02 AM.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    Are you talking about how your character would know in a form of RP?

For Renown Hearts you get context from the NPC with the heart above his head himself, but the context is optional.
    For Dynamic Events, there are npcs with text for context like there are for renown hearts, but there are also criers and other voice acted NPCs giving exposition.

Eh... we're still a few generations from a absolutely loading screen-less MMO experience, but I wouldn't say GW2 has any more than the common MMO.
    For sure, I used to load games up with a tape imagine if GW2 had that for a loading screen. I dont disagree that games need loading screens but icandy shoots his mouth off about how it improves everything and it doesnt, its completly untrue, it takes stuff out that people love and hate and it also retains stuff people love and hate. The crafting system is in no way an improvement but the shared gathering is and the exp gained is, the leveling system is not really an improvement, its still get exp hit 80, but the way you get it could be classed as an improvment, auction house, talent points etc I could go on for ages about how things are still in the game that are bog standard, totaly normal compared to every other mmo and no improvement whatsoever. So to say it improves everything and would wipe the floor with WoW if they released at the same time riles me a bit. And no sub fee, well as someone who pays a sub for playing xobx games online, a sub for playing ps3 games, subs for UO at the time etc its not something I hate its something I just do.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of it tends to be subjective; I wouldn't say the GW2 improves on WoW in every single way objectively, because then I'd be a liar, lol. But personally, I see this as a good thing. A game that tries to appeal to everyone really will end up appealing to no one, or not appealing to people enough to rise above anything more than "Mediocre" in the long run. To each their own.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    A lot of it tends to be subjective; I wouldn't say the GW2 improves on WoW in every single way objectively, because then I'd be a liar, lol. But personally, I see this as a good thing. A game that tries to appeal to everyone really will end up appealing to no one, or not appealing to people enough to rise above anything more than "Mediocre" in the long run. To each their own.
    GW2 knows its market, I think it knows where its going and what it wants to do, thats the main thing, even if they do spout a lot of PR noise generally they deserve a lot of credit for saying this is what we want our playerbase, its not saying oh look wow is popular lets make another one but put robots in thats sure not to fail. So yeah well done Anet, its got me playing, I dont know why people like icandy even say stuff like this is better than wow it just makes wow fanbois like myself get on my high horse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Well I`d like to believe all the good news and how every one is saying how "fresh" gw2 is among the other mmos.

But I do not. It can`t be THAT good. It can`t be that different.

I have not played beta, and the amount of videos I saw on youtube is very low. I have not read the classes descriptions, tips, etc.

I hope this game will prove wrong the things that I said in the second line. I really do. We will see.
    I played BWE 1 - 3 including stress tests 1 & 2, .... in 2012 i played WoW Cata, SWtOR, Tera, TSW, Rift, and a Bunch of other F2P MMOs....

believe me it is that good.... compared to gw2 every other game feels lackluster and simply "bad" .... if you like "old-school" style RPGs ala Baldurs Gate 2 or Icewind Dale, you will definitly get some fun in there!

It's just fun to play, and I does cater to players who like slowpaced gameplay, chillout mode, and also to players who like challange ...

Its rewarding for people who like to explore the world, and to just enjoy the flair of the world,... which btw. feels so alive, that I never felt "alone" ...even at 04:00 am, thou AI the NPC feel "alive" and the city is buisy ...

It's rewarding for people who are looking for Big-Time-Tactical WarGame... since you have a lot of tactical options in PvP, and when servers will forge alliances within PvP Guilds, this will be awesome!

You want to craft? GW2 has a nice craftig system, where you also get to experiment with the mats, creating new recieps and stuff!

You want to bring glory and individuallity for your guild? GW2 gives you the tools ... you can have a War Tribe as a Guild (with lots of upgrades for your WvWvW Fortresses (yeah, thats right, your guild can own fortresses in WvWvW, or a Merchants Alliance with upgrades for your crafting ...

EDIT: for me,... and i couldn't believe it either, but after playing the betas I'm totally a GW2 Fan! Every aspect of the game ... call it Personal Story, call it Quests (Hearts) and DEs, call it sPvP or WvWvW or just simply exploring the world and getting 100% of the map.... it does not feel grindy or in any kind lackluster ... everything has a quite decent quality and everything is fun.... i hated mmo quests before ... but now i'm getting to actually "be" that hero and help those npcs, not just brain afk killing mob after mob after mob after mob not even giving one F why i actually did this ...
    Last edited by mmoc51e960453b; 2012-08-05 at 09:41 AM.