Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    How long will it take to beat Prophecies? I just finished Factions last night. Gold hovering around 40k...

Deleted
    I skipped right to the last four Prophecies missions. it takes a lot of walking to get there, but it's faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    I skipped right to the last four Prophecies missions. it takes a lot of walking to get there, but it's faster.
    LOL, u can do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaholic View Post
    LOL, u can do that?
    You can have someone run you there yeah. Just have to get your armor infused before you go to the ring of fire.

Deleted
    2 days remaining and trying to figure out a quick 3 points i can get for 90k =P

Added in the one i got as it hasnt updated. http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=d...AAAAAAAAABAAAA

Any advice would be nice

Deleted
    Get Protector of Tyria and Cantha. Shouldnt take too long.

Unless you have money, in which case buy yourself Luxon/Kurzik armour and another set.

Just starting out - can i play thru the campaigns in order (prophecies, factions, etc) and still make decent progress towards 10/50?

i don't own Eye of the North yet, i'll get that on digital download. Do you have to have that to unlock HoM or something?

My bf and I have been tinkering around with the idea of trying to get 30 HoM points for the GW2 rewards. I never played GW1. He has a copy, but never got very far into it. So, basically we amount to a couple of n00bs. I've read supposedly it can be done in a weekend, although, other people have said more like 100 hours. x_X Honestly, we'd only be in it for the GW2 goodies, so this is not something we're looking to devote excessive amounts of time to achieving (especially when we'd rather be playing GW2).

I guess what I'd like to know is what kind of realistic time investment we'd be looking at (assuming we follow the quickest/easiest path to 30 points) and how much difference would it make playing together? I ask in case there's some powerful class duo we could make that would speed things along or if having two people means more 'hirelings' or whatever. I have no idea what I'm talking about here. :P

You can't get it in a weekend. You need at least a month of solid play time to reach 30 points.

If you plan to do it, do you have all of the campaigns and EotN?

If you do then one of you should definitely play an SoS Ritualist (a spirit spammer character). The other could be anything really but an elementalist is a solid choice, it's what I eventually got GWAMM on.
    Last edited by Valeron; 2013-02-09 at 01:01 AM.

I haven't checked GW1 in a while but the hirelings thing isn't really an issue, there are a couple of team builds that work really well but one person can pull them off. The reason two people are handy is due to sometimes you'll want more of a certain profession (necromancers for instance) which are sort of "hard" to get.

Time investment wise it really depends. A decent guide does it in something like 50-80h played depending on how good you are and how much you focus. (that's for 30/50)
    The second major factor is whether or not you know other people. If you know someone who can run you to the place to get max armor it'll be a lot easier to beat the previous missions (armor is very important in gw1 and that's also the reason why most casters run around with spear/shield but that's another story).

The second reason why knowing runners is handy is due to how you get elites in GW1. You basically have to bring a "clone" skill which you use after defeating a certain enemy and then you get the elite. Of course some of the more powerful elites are found further in the game.

The third reason is mats. Certain classes need more expensive armour than others (iron costs a lot more than cloth) so if you can trade with your SO you can get your stuff faster.

I might boost an account of my brother so we may be able to team up.

@doozer Heroes run SoS pretty good. Imo either a nec or mes is better due to how well their spike/burst/aoe works SS everywhere!

Is armor soulbound in GW1?

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    I might boost an account of my brother so we may be able to team up.
    That'd be great. We'd just need a heads up to make sure we both had copies of the game first. How difficult is it to 2-box? He has a crazy work schedule, so there will probably be times I'm available when he's not.

Multiboxing is pretty hard due to macros not existing. If you have multibox hardware it's a lot easier but basic commands that are handy don't exist like /follow or /assist (although you have targeting buttons like in gw2). That's the bad news the good news is that in zones 6ppl zones (parties vary in size depending on difficulty) you can just set an account idle and do everything with another toon.

I think I did mine in August. Took me 3 weeks I think (playing everyday pretty much). I've got 30/50 and I think I did in 130 hours. I've had the account forever but had to pretty much start fresh, no gold, no nothing. I also had the "skill packs" they sell on the store (it was 50% off when I bought) so my heroes were fairly easy to make the builds happen.

Also I was very lucky and made lots of "friends" there. I got for free alot of mats/2 of the HoM weapons/and many more stuff. But also so many people were doing the HoM stuff that the mini-pets price were sky-rocketing (not sure how it's now)

I ran a SS Spiritualist and it turned out really great, few missions were hard.

Our multibox "hardware" consists of turning his monitor around and me commandeering his keyboard/mouse. :P It's infinitely handier if there's a /follow command or the ability to open two clients on my PC, but it wouldn't be the first time I've just had to use both our PCs separately.

All we would need is the Guild Wars Platinum Edition, correct? Apparently he only has the very basic game and upgrading may end up costing just as much as buying that edition. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Also I was very lucky and made lots of "friends" there. I got for free alot of mats/2 of the HoM weapons/and many more stuff. But also so many people were doing the HoM stuff that the mini-pets price were sky-rocketing (not sure how it's now)
    I was wondering how much it's possible to 'borrow' items for completion or if everything's soulbound. Hopefully things have calmed down almost 6 months after the fact.
    Last edited by Lane; 2013-02-09 at 01:56 AM.

That just gives you prophecies and eotn. You can get it done with just those two but it would certainly be easier if you have the other two campaigns as well.

I'm sure that would be ideal, but unfortunately it doesn't seem NCSoft has any sort of inexpensive "battle chest" like Blizzard issues with their games, so buying 2x everything is going to get quite expensive just for some GW2 fluff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I'm sure that would be ideal, but unfortunately it doesn't seem NCSoft has any sort of inexpensive "battle chest" like Blizzard issues with their games, so buying 2x everything is going to get quite expensive just for some GW2 fluff.
    Fair warning. It will be rather...(really) painful to get 30 points even with just the Prophecies and EoTN. I would really advise not to. Specially because you will need pvp titles and such. You are looking at way more than 100 hours (much much more I would guess) here XD. Specially not knowing much about the game.

It's not possible to borrow items for completion. Once you use something for your character it will be dedicated to you alone (Some people even sell their mini-pets after dedicating for a much lower price but keep the look out for those, cause you can't use it towards your HoM points).

Well, there's a guy who runs a service to get 30/50. It appears to be legitimate and reputable, but since it may be against the rules I won't link it. Regardless, all he says he requires is Prophecies/EotN and a warrior with secondary profession of ranger. All of his customer feedback says they had their 30 points within 24 hours. So, I don't know what he's doing, but there obviously must be a way.

Oh yes boosting people is something completely different though (can you pm me the site or something, i might be able to make some money )

So, with someone boosting it can be done in a weekend? Because that would be awesome.