Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Boosting is basically handing out money/running. With money alone you can easily get 25 ish points (depending on the amount of money). In total I think 90% of the titels are money based.

well titles aren't money based, well a couple are, like the party animal, but most titles you have to play the game. However, a lot of the points such as armor, weapons, and mini pets, can be gained with money.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    well titles aren't money based, well a couple are, like the party animal, but most titles you have to play the game. However, a lot of the points such as armor, weapons, and mini pets, can be gained with money.
    Yeah, but I think he meant (or maybe not) about the Zaishen keys that provide you with a pvp title. Those require big money and would take AGES to get all of them for the title. So if you are playing for a quick HoM you don't want to do that (unless you are rich, but if you were XD you probably already have 50/50 XD) so I guess this guy takes irl money and spends his unlimited supply of gold to buy the titles (and maybe have a super guide) to run thru the stuff that's easy to get. That's what Im assuming.

Still gw1 is still a GREAT game, so I would even advise you to play it (not only for the points) but makes you even more excited about gw2 (if ur into this stuff XD)

Well, I might end up actually playing it some. I'm kind of feeling like I may need a break from GW2. I don't know what to do with myself anymore. Nothing that I find fun feels productive and that in turn makes it not fun, if that makes any sense.

I would still like to get the HoM points ASAP though just in case I either don't like the gameplay or end up arbitrarily quitting (like I did Skyrim). Plus, I'd rather not discover I've roamed around aimlessly for a few hundred hours and haven't accomplished anything toward my goal. Besides, if I like it I'll just end up making alts to play it the 'right' way later. :P

For 30/50 you can do that easily by throwing "money" at it. Most "titles" are passives though. If you run around with charmanimal get a pet that's a statue right there for clicking one button, if you do this while you run through the missions you really didn't have to do anything specific.

My gues to what he does is 6/8 resilience 7/8 devotion 6/8 fellowship 3/8 valor and 8/18 honor. Of which 2-3 titles will be "play-based"
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2013-02-10 at 07:58 PM.

Deleted
    I'd like to help you. If you do start playing it, you can contact me and will help you in-game. I still find it a great game. At first I was just rushing through those HoM points, but then I found out how fasctinating it is

Thanks! I'll keep y'all posted on when we get copies of the game. Hopefully before the end of this month.

Deleted
    http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=d...AAARCEIQAAAAAA

That was how I got mine. LOTS of donated cash, for armour and weapons, good management of that cash, and lots of Master's runs. Still have three points to go... which I ought to do sometime.

I know there are several guides on the quickest and/or easiest way to get 30/50, but having never played the game it's all Greek to me. I can't tell which objectives would be doable or totally out of the question.

It all really depends on how much money you have in game, Lane. The titles (the Honor category) will be the most time intensive. The fellowship category will have required you to get the heroes so you have to play a bit to get all of them (doesn't take a huge amount of time to get them but you still have to play through most of the campaigns to get them). The resilience and valor categories just need money and resources. And of course mini pets can all be gotten with money.

Deleted
    If you have all the expansions, I'd suggest starting with Nightfall. To me, it was much easier to get my head around because it gave me a proper tutorial and everything.

However, don't play a dervish unless you fancy levelling up another character. Get a ritualist or something.

Nightfall is too long.

Play the original campaign then skip to GWEN, back to Factions then Nightfall. Prophecies is the fastest, and more profitable campaign in GW1.

Ive done: Factions > Nightfall > Prophecies.
    It can be a bit harder at first (To me factions is the most boring campaign really) but looking back at it and understanding a bit more of the game I must say that I wouldn't have done any other way. Also keep in mind that out of the 25 missions from Prophecies, for HoM, you only need to complete the last 5 or 4 for the title. So I wouldn't waste time on the other 20 missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Nightfall is too long.

Play the original campaign then skip to GWEN, back to Factions then Nightfall. Prophecies is the fastest, and more profitable campaign in GW1.
    Hmmm, I found prophecies to be the longest. Factions was the fastest (although it had the biggest jump in difficulty, made moot now by the use of heroes).

I'd say start with Prophecies since it's 1free extra title and you get a good idea about the game. Then at lvl 10 go to EotN (complete it)=> finish Prophecies => Nightfall (for the important heroes)=> Factions.

That is if you want the story etc to sort of make sense. If you don't care you just mix and mash for your heroes and then clear EotN, factions and prophecies since those are the shortest.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Hmmm, I found prophecies to be the longest. Factions was the fastest (although it had the biggest jump in difficulty, made moot now by the use of heroes).
    Well, when I first played Prophecies (before it was called such! ie, a few days after release), it didn't take long to get through it; the Crystal Desert was the longest part, due to, well, everything about the Desert.. Nightfall kind of slows down rapidly once you get to Vabbi, though maybe that was just me. And Factions slows down once you get into the Faction-specific region, though again that might just be me. So, in general, YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    I skipped a HUGE chunk of Prophecies. Was fantastic. Just took a massive slog to walk through zones to the last few missions.

Is there a foolproof class to use? (Like back in the day it would have been hunter in WoW. :P) Something that's easy to pick up as a n00b and is still effective later?

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Is there a foolproof class to use? (Like back in the day it would have been hunter in WoW. :P) Something that's easy to pick up as a n00b and is still effective later?
    What are your choices? Do you have all the "expansions?

Elementalist / Monk is the easiest faceroll, "I-dont-know-jack-about-Guild-Wars" class combination. Rangers in GW1 are fairly weak and pretty technical- a complete reversal of GW2 where Rangers are strong and simplistic.

Don't play a Ranger like a WoW Hunter [vomit-tron].

Ele/Mesmer is pretty good/easy. Though the inclusion of Mesmer does require at least a basic understanding of GW1's specific play systems. Where as anyone can roll Ele/Monk and get "fireballs / heal my self" and be mostly okay for PVE content.

Guild Wars 1 is very caster orientated in PVE. The point of the gameplay being centered around the existence of the Mesmer and Monk classes.

When in doubt in GW1, roll a caster prime or sub job.