Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Are electrified affix mobs bugged?

Are Electrified mobs bugged or something? They just fist rape me instantly in Act 2. Its like I have -1000 lightening resists or something even though I have 560. I dont even think more resists would do anything. They eat through my 21k Diamond skin twice and then all 26k of my health in seconds. Has anyone else noticed this? I can still stand in molten and desecrate all day but these guys just make me go *poof* Should I report them for hacking?

If you are in melee you take all the lightning at once and its bad news.

had a few friends of various classes also comment about electrified mobs as well, wonder if they are somehow bugged

I hate them in a3 on the tornado barb, so many procs off the tornado. Venom hydra/blizzard?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    If you are in melee you take all the lightning at once and its bad news.
    This is actually an accurate answer here, It's REALLY really bad for melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    Its like I have -1000 lightening resists or something even though I have 560.
    Barb here. I have 1100 all resist, 70k hp, and 11.6k armor. Act 3 and 4 Electrified doesn't do shit to me. It's a bad affix for melee, and more gear mitigates it easily. What annoys me a LOT more is all the CC Electrified gives. Interrupts your autos like every other second with a flinch.

One thing in Act 2 that is overpowered for the act though is the copperfang lurkers, if you get them with electrified it will hurt, any version of fast cooperfangs annihilates my wizard with 1100+ all rez 6,5k+ armor in archon.

They send out their electric thingies when attacked, so if you're in melee and you are doing lots of fast attacks (melee wizard and tornado barb typically), then you'll take lots of hits.

Deleted
    when you fast attack and attack 3+ electic mobs so jsut see it like reflect dmg - they proc more each attack you do

bad for monk and cyclones

just dont stay there and facetank it - hit and move and done

Have they always been like this? I have only played melees since launch and before gear got cheap and nerfs happened I struggled through Act 1 and couldnt hardly kill any elites other than farming that guy in Warrior's rest and even then he sometimes killed me 2-3 times before I got him down. I used to love Electrified affixes because they were free loot.

Deleted
    Electrificy isnt a problem for me i have high LoH.But Frozen....i have feeling that sometimes they spawn frost bombs every half second

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Electrificy isnt a problem for me i have high LoH.But Frozen....i have feeling that sometimes they spawn frost bombs every half second
    I have had some mobs coordinate the frozen before which sucks. One will cast his, then another, then another, then the last and they will all go off at different times.

Deleted
    I have had some mobs coordinate the frozen before which sucks. One will cast his, then another, then another, then the last and they will all go off at different times.
    they all have same cooldown on abilities - when you pull them different than its like this

you should just run out of screen and lure them a bit and problem fixed

Fairly sure you can halve the damage by pretty often from electric particles by standing at max range and hold + attack.
    Some mobs dont like this and then move in your face again which makes you move again and so the dance goes on.
    Despite being melee, dont be afraid to kite a little from time to time so your hp gaining / damage preventing cds are back up again - slow and steady almost always wins the race from the mobs

Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    I don't mind frost bombs like this, since you can just step away. I hate chain terror though. That's BS.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    I don't mind frost bombs like this, since you can just step away. I hate chain terror though. That's BS.
    Horde+ Nightmare = A horrible time ._.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Horde+ Nightmare = A horrible time ._.
    Pfft. Invulnerable minions+nightmarish on dervishes as melee.

Checkmate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    Pfft. Invulnerable minions+nightmarish on dervishes as melee.

Checkmate.
    Hah! Counter!

Invulnerable minions + Nightmare + Horde + Arcane + Phase beast

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Hah! Counter!

Invulnerable minions + Nightmare + Horde + Arcane + Phase beast
    Don't think Horde and Invulnerable can happen. I'll top that with a Lacuni pack with horde (9 mobs in total) + Nightmare + Arcane + Frozen.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    I'll top that with a Lacuni pack with horde (9 mobs in total) + Nightmare + Arcane + Frozen.
    Diablo with invuln minions, fast, jailer, frozen, nightmare...and they all get his normal abilities as well.