Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't mind it being a gem so long as the gem is re-socketable, otherwise that's just pathetically poor game design right there.

For me, the legendary items were never about the item itself, it was about the process you went through to get it. Back in the day, Thunderfury and Sulfuras were epic themselves but their process was never epic. The Warglaives of Azzinoth was nothing but a mere drop off a boss. It was an insanely rare drop but a drop none-the-less. There was nothing truly "legendary" about obtaining it because if you did the raid enough times your group was bound to find one eventually.

These legendaries were based off luck, not skill, and so the items themselves were more legendary than the actual process to get them.

Wrath of the Lich King changed this. The legendary items were difficult and time-consuming to achieve. You would be hard-pressed to ever obtain one purely by doing pick-up groups and you had to go through some challenges before the item was given to you. There was not as much luck involved like the old ones, it was all about how much patience you had and if you could donate the time to actually obtain the item.

Having a weapon is pretty awesome but legendary gems have the potential to be useful even past the tier they were obtained on. Dragonwrath was great but has been superseded by Dragon Soul weapons. This was inevitable, we knew it was going to happen. If it didn't happen in T13 it would've happened in Mists of Pandaria, just like every other legendary. But why take the time and effort to design a legendary that players will only ever use for a few months before replacing?

Hah, nice one Blizzard. First legendaries get completely killed because they are too easy to get. Now they aren't even interesting to get anymore. A gem so that everyone can feel special for having something orange? It doesn't work like that... someone should teach Blizzard the basics of what people desire (hint, it's only fun to get rare things that not everyone can just pick up).

The items drop from LFR for the sake of convenience of testing. It's pretty likely that Blizzard will stick to their normal plan and make normal drop the items at a chance, heroic drop 100%.

The gem is just the first tier of the legendary quests, and is (98% likely) unrepeatable.
    This is the equivalent to getting Fear and Vengeance.

Recall that later on you get the Breath of the Black Dragon, which will permanently upgrade a sha-touched weapon (to a legendary) and destroy the gems/enchants you have on it.

I.e. you get the gem, go do more stuff, get the breath, and turn your sha-touched epic into a legendary with the gem being consumed in the process.

Seriously guys, cry pointlessly more.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2012-08-04 at 07:11 AM.

Wow, and once again, Tanks (With the exception of Bear Druids) Get fucked over AGAIN in the Legendaries Department. Thanks a lot, Blizz. There has not been a single Legendary designed solely for tanks. Plenty for DPS (3/4 Greatstaff of the Guardian. Thunderfury, Sulfuras, Warglaives, Thori'dal, Fangs, Shadowmourne, Dragonwrath) And one for Heals (Val'anyr) But NEVER an item specefically made for Tanks, and I'm getting sick and tired of it -.- Hell, it could be an item like Quel'Delar (Quest leads to the same reward, but different stats for your class) and make it a Mace, all Tank classes can use Maces, 1H or 2H, even Monks can use Maces. Make it a Mace. WE JUST WANT A LEGENDARY TO CALL OUR OWN!
    Last edited by Chorin425; 2012-08-04 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorin425 View Post
    Wow, and once again, Tanks (With the exception od Bear Druids) Get fucked over AGAIN in the Legendaries Department. Thanks a lot, Blizz.
    A legendary shield icon was implemented with all the other legendary weapon icons.
    The epic item is probably just not yet implemented.

I would really hate to be the Blue who has to vainly attempt to appease the hardcore crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    Sucks to be a hunter haha
    how so? I see a gun in there. Please don't tell me you still haven't learned that hunters can only equip guns/bows, and no more weapons.
    If any, it should be the tanks and healers getting hurt by this since there is no +500 stamina/spirit gem. But beta is beta, I'm pretty sure blizzard is smart enough to also include those gems.

I wouldn't be so upset about it, but as a Mainspec Protection Paladin, I've had to sit through Vanilla and three expansions, without so much as a hint of something truly awesome coming our way, Us tanks have had to sit through watching every class and person get legendaries, BUT us. It's very...disheartening

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    The items drop from LFR for the sake of convenience of testing. It's pretty likely that Blizzard will stick to their normal plan and make normal drop the items at a chance, heroic drop 100%.

The gem is just the first tier of the legendary quests, and is (98% likely) unrepeatable.
    This is the equivalent to getting Fear and Vengeance.

Recall that later on you get the Breath of the Black Dragon, which will permanently upgrade a sha-touched weapon (to a legendary) and destroy the gems/enchants you have on it.

I.e. you get the gem, go do more stuff, get the breath, and turn your sha-touched epic into a legendary with the gem being consumed in the process.

Seriously guys, cry pointlessly more.
    Not really, since you can get "Sha touched" weapons from LFR. Therefore, you would need the gems to go into those weapons too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibuya View Post
    Not really, since you can get "Sha touched" weapons from LFR. Therefore, you would need the gems to go into those weapons too.
    No, you can get the epic sha-touched weapons because otherwise LFR would be missing an entire tier of weapons.

The weapons drop independently of the quest, and aren't needed to start it, or to do the first section (the part up to rewarding the gem).

I.e. Lot's of people will have sha-touched weapons, including LFR geared people.
    Much fewer will have sha-touched weapons gemmed with crystal gems, or the legendary versions of the weapons.

So far no shield around, guess it'll show up later, otherwise Pally and Warr tanks will have to hope that the 1-hand sword works for them, we'll see. And LFR dropping the items is definitely testing purposes, LFR won't get any legendaries. Guess the hardcore raiders will want their heroic weapon before getting that gem. Love it so far, so much to look forward to. =)

Deleted
    lol gear from character creation preview looks so better than actual tiers gear....

Deleted
    Being Hydraulic means that you can take out the socket from the weapon?
    BEcause otherwise no one will ever put a legendary gem in the normal version of a sha touched weapon...

Quote Originally Posted by Nephyron View Post
    BEcause otherwise no one will ever put a legendary gem in the normal version of a sha touched weapon...
    Unless they are a normal mode raider and have no intentions of doing heroic content.
    But look at how soon we're all forgotten. The abyss of endless time that swallows it all. The emptiness of those applauding hands.

These starting gear sets are gorgeous! I especially like the mage's one. It is D1 (Magister's Robes) with upgraded textures by the way.

Oh I got a good one.

Remember how all of you hate players for not putting gems in their gear ?

Solution: Make the Gem legendary ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Nephyron View Post
    No, it is mislabled in our tooltip. It is a sha-touched socket.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was nice to see a Blue lay into some of those folks on the board, this I do know there is no way I would ever want their job as I would basically tell the folks asking these questions to take a long walk off a short pier and that is being nice.. lol

to destroy any image of heroic raiders:

I have been an hardcore raider (top 3 of my server), and I love the fact that LFR can get legendaries as well. You want to know why? Because it doesn't make my pixels worth any less. I still do the same tanking, the same healing, and the same dps.

To all the other so called " real raiders that do deserve legendaries and anyone else doesn't ". What does it matter to you, if you are good, you will get the better one, if you aren't you will get the LFR one. Either way, you're not affected in any way, shape or form.

Deleted
    well as a pvper dnt much care for the legendaries since i wont ever see them anyway