Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So then how is it decided who get's the legendary?
    Or at least starts this gem quest?
    Can anyone just pick up the quest and be able to loot the sigils from the bosses? Or what if multiple people have the quest? Does only one get the sigil?
    Oh the questions left unanswered!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    to destroy any image of heroic raiders:

I have been an hardcore raider (top 3 of my server), and I love the fact that LFR can get legendaries as well. You want to know why? Because it doesn't make my pixels worth any less. I still do the same tanking, the same healing, and the same dps.

To all the other so called " real raiders that do deserve legendaries and anyone else doesn't ". What does it matter to you, if you are good, you will get the better one, if you aren't you will get the LFR one. Either way, you're not affected in any way, shape or form.
    Thank you.

I think one of the issues with this community is that people seem to have a need to feel superior. "I have better gear then you and that makes me happy". Idiots.

I for one would love to be able to step into LFR, to get to have fun raiding / see content and mechanics - to get some gear - do more damage. For the people who don't like it, stay away from it. Do what you enjoy and let the rest do that too.

OT: I welcome a questline in LFR, even if it's not legendary. It would be fun. Simple as that.

That back and fourth about this game being forever catering to casuals is sickening, I have hardly any words for it and am eternally grateful I quit this mire of a title.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please blizzard turn the legendary into epic so morons with ego problems stop complaining, the fact is it's a great idea especially to have the quest chain continue through the patches.

Ugh...there sits random people without a single clue when it comes to game design, and feel butthurt that they can't login and feel speciulz and epic knowing that OTHERS have no or a very small chance of obtaining the same stuff that they have...I mean, what's WRONG with those whingers? The blue is making reasonable, unbiased and understanding arguments based upon what this game is, seen from the eyes of many different playstyles, and yet these people just keep going on that they should exclude a huge part of the playerbase to let THEM feel good about themselves...because that's what makes them enjoy the game appearantly, knowing that they're among very few. Surely the same type of people who will sit on a rare mount in Stormwind/Org and e-peening but then as soon as someone ELSE shows up on said mount, change to a different rare mount...pathetic.

It's just as the Blue says, these people SHOULD just play the game and enjoy themselves based upon their own progression and rewards, and not worry so bloody hard about what others can or can't access...I'd hate to encounter any of these people IRL, they seem rotten to the core. And by the way, IMAGINE the QQ if these so-called "hardcore" players (even I often have more progression than most of them, and I'm very much casual in time but not playstyle) were to be stumped by the TRULY pro and hardcore guilds...only the 10 first guilds able to down heroic content within the first month of release gets to experience it, after that it gets locked. Hah.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2012-08-04 at 10:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    to destroy any image of heroic raiders:

I have been an hardcore raider (top 3 of my server), and I love the fact that LFR can get legendaries as well. You want to know why? Because it doesn't make my pixels worth any less. I still do the same tanking, the same healing, and the same dps.

To all the other so called " real raiders that do deserve legendaries and anyone else doesn't ". What does it matter to you, if you are good, you will get the better one, if you aren't you will get the LFR one. Either way, you're not affected in any way, shape or form.
    Sorry but you're wrong.

You don't destroy the image of heroic raiders, you RESTORE the image of heroic raiders that like what Joe casual gets, b/c they realize a paying Joe casual = more funds for future raids = more fun for both parties.

As a raider I say:
    Thank you.

Deleted
    I hope the Legendary through LFR thing is only a beta thing. Jesus christ that would suck.

Deleted
    Legendaries from LFR is actually well thought out as you wont be able to do the first LFR it until 2 weeks after release and then a further 4 weeks for the chimera of fear etc. counting on the fact that this drops in LFR. Although i am still dissapointed at the fact that you could say (if you dont have all ten of the things), do it on normal and get x amount and then do it on RF and get another x of the 10 needed which means you could quite easily have it in 1-2 weeks and then all you hve to do is wait for the next raids :P aswell not really pumped about a gem tbh but otherwise looking forward to it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Ugh...there sits random people without a single clue when it comes to game design, and feel butthurt that they can't login and feel speciulz and epic knowing that OTHERS have no or a very small chance of obtaining the same stuff that they have...I mean, what's WRONG with those whingers? The blue is making reasonable, unbiased and understanding arguments based upon what this game is, seen from the eyes of many different playstyles, and yet these people just keep going on that they should exclude a huge part of the playerbase to let THEM feel good about themselves...because that's what makes them enjoy the game appearantly, knowing that they're among very few. Surely the same type of people who will sit on a rare mount in Stormwind/Org and e-peening but then as soon as someone ELSE shows up on said mount, change to a different rare mount...pathetic.

It's just as the Blue says, these people SHOULD just play the game and enjoy themselves based upon their own progression and rewards, and not worry so bloody hard about what others can or can't access...I'd hate to encounter any of these people IRL, they seem rotten to the core. And by the way, IMAGINE the QQ if these so-called "hardcore" players (even I often have more progression than most of them, and I'm very much casual in time but not playstyle) were to be stumped by the TRULY pro and hardcore guilds...only the 10 first guilds able to down heroic content within the first month of release gets to experience it, after that it gets locked. Hah.
    You're kinda taking it to the extreme, no one mentions locking raids out completely to the less-skilled players. I just personally don't like the idea that in a MMO people don't want to work for their reward. Instead of risk=reward, the game is turning into queue=reward, and I don't like that. I'll wait till mists has been out for a month or two before I judge their model for this expansion though.

Deleted
    hey can we have a screenshot of the addon list from this awesome guy who uploaded those 3 screenshots of sigil of power quest? that would be great! thank you!

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    What I'm wondering is if you can remove the hydralic gem from the weapon and use if when you get a new weapon or if you want to go, and can, get a new one either thru questing/grinding together a new one or if you can go to Wrathion and ask him for another or swap in the old weapon and get the gem back or something? Otherwise this is going to be a tad annoying as in "I used it on my LFR/Normal weapon and now I have the heroic weapon but nothing to socket ..."

The rogue set looks like a rehashed bloodfang

Deleted
    high level character gear preview? Nice to see wow lifting stuff straigh from Rift, if they keep this up they may manage to keep a few more subs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    The rogue set looks like a rehashed bloodfang
    That T1 actually, the Nightslayer set.

Deleted
    It's unfair that there's no stamina gem. We feral druids will be forced to use the legendary agility gem.

Funniest part of the blue posts was the guy who was like "You should lock out the casuals for a while so raiders can see the content first" and then had no comeback when it was "How about we lock the content for YOU until the Top 10 clear it, so they can see the content first". Hilarious. It shows these people are nothing but spoiled brats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I think the point there is that YOU don't like it. Meaning it is simply your opinion.
    I'm sure a great many people DO like it.

The whole premise of that forum post you're talking about is quite simply to make things too hard for 'casuals'. Which in turn lets these jumped up raiders that may well have a good raid team and be able to actually do heroic bosses brag about that fact to those players that don't have that kind of luck. Not every player has the same benefits as each other. Every player is of a different skill level and saying that keeping the raids hard will get casuals to put the time in to get better at the game is actually quite laughable. A 'casual' player is casual simply because they don't have that kind of time to put into a game. I know casual players that are still in the top guilds on my server. People have lives. Not everyone can sink 5+ hours into a game ever day. The majority of casual players will simply not raid at all if that difficulty is there. And I'm sorry but, if I was a developer and I'd put in all that content that we'll be seeing in MoP, I'd want every last person to have a solid chance of seeing what I made despite them not having loads of time to see it.

Hardcore players and wannabe hardcore players, are simply a minority. The casual playerbase is the VAST majority and Blizzard know this.
    I dislike a game which has turned from a game into a queue simulator, sucks to have my opinion right? :P

Indeed, I just think it's a shame that a game is turning into less of a game and more into a queue and do nothing for a gold medal :/

The fact that you can get better gear from LFR than from Dungeons, when dungeons are harder, is quite shocking.

By the way, believe it or not, it doesn't take 5 hours to get to know your class :p in fact, if you ask around or look up noxxic you can learn a class in about 10 minutes depending on what class it is. But hey, my time with this game has finally come to an end, I'll be keeping an eye to see if they restore the game at all though :)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephyron View Post
    Being Hydraulic means that you can take out the socket from the weapon?
    BEcause otherwise no one will ever put a legendary gem in the normal version of a sha touched weapon...
    Yeah was thinking the same.

Hydraulic

In this type of machine, hydraulic fluid is transmitted throughout the machine to various hydraulic motors and hydraulic cylinders and which becomes pressurised according to the resistance present. The fluid is controlled directly or automatically by control valves and distributed through hoses and tubes.

So hopefully the gem can be taken out and back in using some Hydraulic power. But also for lets says blue or purple gems.

Is that hunter gear the dwarven mountaineer armor? It looks awesome finally seeing on another race, and it's such a shame because AFAIK it's unobtainable by players. Kind of misrepresentative showing that off in character creation.

Deleted
    Ok quick question, as I have not seen this confirmed, if all 10 of your raid group are on the quest do all 10 get to loot the quest items? (or 25 etc) or is it something that will have to be allocated?

As to other points I think the gem is just a stop gap, although if its not possible to remove the gem I can see it sitting in banks until the last teir, and by completing the expansion spanning chain you will get a legendary. Odd how there is a legendary shield icon and no sha touched shield. Oh and the lack of a non-agi tank friendly gem is a bit rubbish.

As to devaluing heroic raiding, I personally do not think most heroic raiders will be bothered by who else has the legendary. Those that I know do it for a personal challenge or the realm/world race depending on how their guild stands. A lot of guilds on my server have now downed madness hc - and congrats to them but if you ask who are the best raiders on the server you will get the top 2-3 guilds listed (In fact probably the consistantly top guild although 2 and 3 get a lot of respect). My guild hasn't, why because as a whole we aren't bothered by heroics (and we do have a few member that used to be very competitive hc raiders) as its not why we raid. We could go back and do it know with the 30% debuff but that doesn't appeal. Our remaining plan for pre-mists is to go do Sinestra as we never saw her, not because that will make us amazing raiders (we hideously outgear it). My point is it doesn't really matter someone getting something on easy mode or when they hideous outgear it is not a challenge to the skill it takes to be in the top x, but by giving everyone that access you may just inspire people to step up and that can only mean more raiders. And rant off.

As for the rep tabards, glad they are gone - completely detached mechanic I would rather return to having 1-2 dungeons to grind for relevant factional rep. There are definately advantages to having the reps and I will want them all, but I am glad the I must hammer heroics in different tabards until I am exalted with all is gone. I intend to do heroics til I have all gear and then maybe poke at challenge modes - so glad I am not looking at having to grind the same ones repeatedly for the bulk of an expansion.