Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    This is true. Either way, Themos is one of the people I've come across on this forum that rarely has anything to contribute.

He was, however, correct on this, I think. Holy HAS the HPS; it was mana efficiency they lacked. Now more then ever.

I am attempting to answer your question, however I don't understand it. If you are implying I defend Chakra, I assure you I hate it with a passion, and am barely able to contain my contempt of anyone who does. If you are implying there is no benefit to Cascade, you need to roll another class.
    You mean busting with gf/gh? Sorry but that is meaningless. This is an emergency measure, which holy has to use to cover its otherwise low HPS. Gheal serenity spam with renew is about 10% less than a pws/penance-ghealx4 combo, when you ignore all overheal. When you factor in the higher overheal that holy mastery, renew all large crits have you are 20% less. Disc can produce the same HPS as serenity/fh/gh spam without using flash heal by popping AA or spirit shell or it can produce higher HPS using AA/SpS with flash spam.

Holy has a good emergency rotation, but that is really rubbish, when you consider that other classes and disc, have short powerfull CDs they can pop instead.
    Last edited by mmoc58baca37e6; 2012-10-09 at 04:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc12 View Post
    Disc can produce the same HPS as serenity/fh/gh spam without using flash heal by popping AA or spirit shell or it can produce higher HPS using AA/SpS with flash spam.

Holy has a good emergency rotation, but that is really rubbish, when you consider that other classes and disc, have short powerfull CDs they can pop instead.
    I, and I believe Themos, were talking about Cataclysm, where Serenity Renew and FHx2/GH was higher HpS then Disc. could put out; They just couldn't do it forever, but they COULD do it.

Deleted
    Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler
    @Venaliter It may not be live if you haven't seen it. I don't want to get in the habit of announcing hotfixes on Twitter. +25% PoH and PoM.

Wow. That is seriously huge.

http://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/stat...28888742154241

And SO deja-vu. (http://www.wowpedia.org/Patch_4.0.6#Priests)

Edit afterthough:
    No really, while this is needed for saving the last three disc priests out there, I think this is going to push holy into the OP territories. And it's not really fixing disc issues - disc is already left with PoH as the only worthwhile goto-spell (ie, not on a cooldown). For balance reasons, I don't like this too much. The backlash will be painful.
    Last edited by Danner; 2012-10-10 at 10:53 AM.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

15+ Year Old Account
    When Lightspring and other spells (say Renew) are doing better than PoH in some fights, I believe it is in order to buff PoH. PoM will benefit those with DI even more (mostly Hpriests?) and perhaps that is worrying me. Not many Disc play with DI, right?

Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    PoM will benefit those with DI even more (mostly Hpriests?) and perhaps that is worrying me.
    Holy scales better with ProM, sure, but Disc scales better with Prayer of Healing due to Spirit Shell and Divine Aegis. I THINK.

Not many Disc play with DI, right?
    None, really. It's a badly designed talent. It may perhaps be useful in PvP, but if you're pvping as a priest..you're kind of a sadist anyway.

It's already been posted. And it's not live yet.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Deleted
    Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Prayer of Healing and Prayer of Mending now provide 25% more healing when cast by Holy and Discipline Priests.
    Battle Fatigue properly reduces the effects of Sacred Shield in PvP.
    Archangel now affects Spirit Shell properly.
    Void Shift can now only work on other players.
    Cascade now deals 25% more damage or healing.
    Mind Sear now deals 25% more damage.
    Not bad.. not bad at all.. and now they realize AA should've worked with Shell from the start??..

Quote Originally Posted by Pyra View Post
    Not bad.. not bad at all.. and now they realize AA should've worked with Shell from the start??..
    What I'm interested in is are those changes already live and those hotfixes are just tooltip changes or did they actually buff us?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phyx View Post
    What I'm interested in is are those changes already live and those hotfixes are just tooltip changes or did they actually buff us?
    Oh.. i actually thought it was in the path 5.1 patch notes.... good point.. I aint home so i cant test tho

They went live around late Tuesday/early Wednesday afternoon.

Not many Disc play with DI, right?
    I wish I had the holy version of this talent for disc, the current disc one is just bad in several ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    I wish I had the holy version of this talent for disc, the current disc one is just bad in several ways.
    It's great if your role is to tank heal, but that doesn't mean that PI isn't better, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    It's great if your role is to tank heal, but that doesn't mean that PI isn't better, either.
    Unless you face mechanics that ignore absorbs and when it is great it will make others whine at you because it looks even better on the meters. A talent that makes you throw even more absorbs at the tank and only at the tank when we already beat other healers in that area is asking for problems, because whenever it is good it potentially makes some boss mechanics pointless because of increased EHP of the tank, thus forcing the encounter designers to make such that circumvent absorbs, thus making our regular absorbs less usefull in those and leaving us lacking tools for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Unless you face mechanics that ignore absorbs and when it is great it will make others whine at you because it looks even better on the meters. A talent that makes you throw even more absorbs at the tank and only at the tank when we already beat other healers in that area is asking for problems, because whenever it is good it potentially makes some boss mechanics pointless because of increased EHP of the tank, thus forcing the encounter designers to make such that circumvent absorbs, thus making our regular absorbs less usefull in those and leaving us lacking tools for them.
    Which is why you can change your talents anywhere you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Which is why you can change your talents anywhere you want.
    Mazi has the right of this. You're wrong, Noradin.

holy chakra priest buffs batman
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Fuck yeah. Chakra still sucks, but at least 25% is way better than 15%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Castnicke View Post
    Fuck yeah. Chakra still sucks, but at least 25% is way better than 15%.
    Whilst I cant be sad about them bufing us, I just wished they would actually stop band aiding and give us some mechanices!

I just checked my priests on two different servers and the most recent hoxfix buffs (increase from 15% to 25% for chakra stances) is not live yet. Not only do the tooltips still read 15%, when I tested the healing done with the respective chakra on and off, it is still a 15% change not a 25%. I do believe however, that the buff to PoM and PoH are already live.