Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Your second paragraph doesn't make sense.
    Makes perfect sense. I don't raid in MoP, so I have only the vaguest knowledge of encounter mechanics of this expansion.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    I can't think of any mechanics that ignore damage absorbs offhand. There may be one or two that I don't remember, or maybe some introduced in the new raids MoP, which I am boycotting.
    Uh, Garajal specifically bypasses absorbs, which would otherwise trivialize the fight... but wait, you "boycott" it.

On the other hand, 4th boss in HoF has adds that are basically tailor made for Disc Priest - without shields, their special attack can be one hit kill on people with somewhat lower hitpoints. With a PW:S, they'll survive with like 15% hp.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Uh, Garajal specifically bypasses absorbs, which would otherwise trivialize the fight... but wait, you "boycott" it.
    I'm just burned out, I suppose. And I'm pretty pissed I am forced to grind dailies every day. I tried pvp, and being a Disc priest you can guess how THAT went ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post

On the other hand, 4th boss in HoF has adds that are basically tailor made for Disc Priest - without shields, their special attack can be one hit kill on people with somewhat lower hitpoints. With a PW:S, they'll survive with like 15% hp.
    It doesn't bypass EVERYTHING. Only Voodoo doll damage done directly to the tank.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Guys one question .
    Is it normal that with PW:Sanctuary Echo of light doesnt proc?

Affirmative. HW: Sanctuary is not affected by mastery.
    There is no obvious reason why, maybe except a technical one.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Holy Word: Sanctuary is a HoT, and Echo of Light only triggers off "Direct Heals", not HoTs [size=1](Lightwell Renew, Lightspring Renew, Renew itself).

For awhile (i.e. Cataclysm) it wasn't functioning like a HoT, and had zero haste scaling. Blizzard felt best for "whatever" reason, to "fix" this, giving it full haste scaling for additional tickpoints etc etc but removed the passive boon of putting HoTs on our HoTs (yo dawg?) at the same time as they reimplemented its intended Diminishing Returns on too many targets. It's not a technical reason, so much as having similar spells play by the same rules (Effloresence, Healing Rain, and Holy Radiance all function like HoTs).
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account
    What Kelesti described.

But this spell is so outdated atm, it's almost non usable. AoE or stacking doesn't last as long as in DS or FL. It should be redesigned to last 10-15 and it would have it's uses without atleast 50% of it being overheals. Also, the healing from it feels too weak since they fixed the spell cap (good move though). 500hp ticks every 2s in 25 mans as it is now, it's pretty unnoticable, even if the manacost isn't staggering anymore.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    It doesn't bypass EVERYTHING. Only Voodoo doll damage done directly to the tank.
    Well, duh. If everything did, Discs would be completely useless outside Pain/Barrier, and Pallies would be pretty gimped, too. Also, they still work on Dolls damage transfer from Shadowy Attacks.

The other example is pretty worrying, though. Sure this is merely normal mode, but there's quite a difference between having shields and not with that particular ability. Granted, it's used so rarely that pretty much any Priest can do it, but it's a rather clear case of "no shield = dead = CC one more blademaster".

It's things like this which make Disc a mess of a spec. Can't buff it too much because there might be a boss where absorbs will completely dominate every other thing and completely change the intended strategy.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2012-11-02 at 10:38 AM.

Well, GC went and pulled more really stupid "logic" with Chakra on Twitter this past week:

@Ghostcrawler: @KelestiMMO ToL = you give up everything in order to heal. Chakra = you choose at that moment whether to specialize in DPS, AE or ST.
    @Ghostcrawler: @KelestiMMO You should always be in a Chakra as Holy. There is no penalty for doing so, just which bonus you want.
    @Ghostcrawler: @davesignal Do you think it would be fair for Holy to be best single target and best AE healer just by pushing a button?
    … no one's asking to be, doesn't change that it's really NOT a fun system.
    @Ghostcrawler: @pickbulbasaur I'd argue you actually *can* change stances. You just can't do it for one heal, which would defeat the purpose of the choice.
    … no more freaking words, I just, I don't get it.

But good news, at least:
    @Ghostcrawler: @SoccerstarMike Talking about it. I think we've finally been convinced that Disc is a little low (in PvP and PvE).
    @Ghostcrawler:@bentheozzy We're looking at Rapture mana and Divine Aegis as Disc-oriented ways to give them across the board buffs.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    IDK about disc. Their toolbox feels lacking and/or feels clunky, but their throughput is fine imo. Not that I'm disco extraordinaire.
    Last edited by mmoc230b92349f; 2012-11-03 at 09:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    We're looking at Rapture mana and Divine Aegis as Disc-oriented ways to give them across the board buffs.
    It seems like they have already done something about it, because rapture returns me more mana than it used to (200% of spirit, up from 150%). Additionally procs from PoHs are way bigger (used to be ~50% of the amount healed, now it's more around 75%-ish (currently i have a little bit over 50% of mastery)).

Seems like they decided to buff disc priests the easiest possible way, which actually will make Divine Star even less effective (not like im big fan of this spell, because after all it heals only for ~3k, but hey, now it will be completely useless).
    Last edited by mmoc5a68d60e82; 2012-11-03 at 11:34 PM.

Deleted
    i want to be holy playable in arenas... i just don't get why they don't give focused will to holy too

in PVE i think holy is now competitive, but hate chakra dancing....in 10 man raids it's too much punishment to not be able to tank heal properly, if i have to be in sanctuary

disc i tried only 1 week in mogu'shan vaults and i did find it little boring...too much spam of prayer of healing...

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Putting even more Disc power into PoH will only make it overpowered in certain situations and still incredibly clunky in others. Especially in 25s (no, it's not about "it's harder than 10"), where potential targets are spread across 5 groups instead of just 2. It's an extremely lazy solution that might cause issues along the way and still doesn't solve all problems. Mainly the lack of anything *other* than Prayer of Healing. When damage patterns are different from "entire groups taking damage at once", Disc is pretty bad.

@Ghostcrawler: @SoccerstarMike Talking about it. I think we've finally been convinced that Disc is a little low (in PvP and PvE).
    Wow, all it took was six months of beta and a month of live for them to see the obvious. Dude should change his name to Ghostostrich.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleric View Post
    Wow, all it took was six months of beta and a month of live for them to see the obvious. Dude should change his name to Ghostostrich.
    He's always in the sand. He's a crab.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleric View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    He's always in the sand. He's a crab.

Girl you didn't!
    Last edited by Whitney Houston; 2012-11-04 at 06:50 PM.

Deleted
    Im actually liking Chakra they way it is o0

I like the switching during the fights and with the 30sec cd on it u need to think it througly and thats something that makes me like holy

Used to be Disc since the day i made the priest, just now since a few weeks i found out how much fun holy really is, now that i gave it a proper go.
    Dont see me going to disc any time soon unless they add something to disc to make it less boring with only spamming PoH.

What ever happens to chakra im fine with it, just right now i dont mind the spell and i actually enjoy the spell.
    Dunno if this is just cuz our progression isnt being made on HM's just yet as were first going HoS, so it might change

Quote Originally Posted by DerrHans View Post
    Im actually liking Chakra they way it is o0

I like the switching during the fights and with the 30sec cd on it u need to think it througly and thats something that makes me like holy

Used to be Disc since the day i made the priest, just now since a few weeks i found out how much fun holy really is, now that i gave it a proper go.
    Dont see me going to disc any time soon unless they add something to disc to make it less boring with only spamming PoH.

What ever happens to chakra im fine with it, just right now i dont mind the spell and i actually enjoy the spell.
    Dunno if this is just cuz our progression isnt being made on HM's just yet as were first going HoS, so it might change
    Spamming PWS was less boring than POH? :/

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 06:12 PM ----------

Tank healing on Stone Guard with DI was actually fun :P http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=9464&e=9851
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Okay, what's up with today's changes anyway?

<opinion>
    Derevka thoroughly convinced me that 150% rapture returns was quite powerful. And now it's 200%.

Also: 50% divine aegis? Seriously? That's equivalent of a 35-40% chastise chakra state bonus or something.
    Sure, disc needs help, but at the end of the day, what the spec really needs is Divine Hymn,
    and something that can play along side with Prayer of Healing. DA is just a band-aid gone wrong IMO.
    </opinion>

<rant>
    And, halo/cascade not being castable in SoR form... uh, why? I know they are powerful spells and all,
    but Blizz soon need to update that tooltip to "heal from beyond the grave, using an arbitrary subset of your usual heals".
    </rant>

The only change I can really get behind is the buff to Mind Sear. I still find it more effective to single-target down every mob in a pack of 10 adds, so this is a change I can approve of.
    Last edited by Danner; 2012-11-08 at 08:28 AM.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]