Poll: Ps3/xbox360

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

360/ps3, Which to buy thread

THIS IS NOT A CONSOLE WAR THREAD, THIS IS SIMPLY A POLL, POST A RESPONSE IF YOU FEEL IT IS NECCESSARY TO DESCRIBE YOUR VOTE, DO NOT BASH OTHERS FOR THEIR CHOICES.

I am simply in the running for buying a new console, over the years i have been exclusively an xbox 360 member. Although recently, with this purchase coming up, i've decided id ask around and get some real opinions of what people think.

I love online gaming, cod/halo/gears. But I also really do love RPGs and Hack/slash games.

Obviously it's all going to come down to personal preference, but I'm really interested in getting the best experience for my money. I understand Ps3 is free online, but that doesn't make its online experience any better (With the more recent hacks).

So please, vote, and state your reasoning as to why, but please refrain from bashing others.

Thankyou!

Deleted
    Well, since you have exclusively been an xbox user, i would say go and give the PS3 a try.
    I do not own either of the consoles myself but have used them at friends, and almost everything about the PS3 seems to have just a bit of an edge over the Xbox 360.

PS3 unless you're a Halo fanatic, given that the PS3 simply has far more interesting IPs being released between now and the end of 2013. Besides, by then, the 720 should either be dropping or about to pop in Spring 2014.

Edit: And no, not dissing the Xbox 360, I used to own one. But it's obvious that Microsoft is keeping its cards close to its chest and announced almost nothing of interest at E3 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomial17 View Post
    THIS IS NOT A CONSOLE WAR THREAD, THIS IS SIMPLY A POLL, POST A RESPONSE IF YOU FEEL IT IS NECCESSARY TO DESCRIBE YOUR VOTE, DO NOT BASH OTHERS FOR THEIR CHOICES.

I am simply in the running for buying a new console, over the years i have been exclusively an xbox 360 member. Although recently, with this purchase coming up, i've decided id ask around and get some real opinions of what people think.

I love online gaming, cod/halo/gears. But I also really do love RPGs and Hack/slash games.

Obviously it's all going to come down to personal preference, but I'm really interested in getting the best experience for my money. I understand Ps3 is free online, but that doesn't make its online experience any better (With the more recent hacks).

So please, vote, and state your reasoning as to why, but please refrain from bashing others.

Thankyou!
    If you love online then the xbox is what you want, out of the 3 current consoles xbox live is by far the most developed and best. If you like RPGs and hack and slash then yeh ps3 is your go, IMO if you can afford it get both, never hurts.

At this point, I'd say PS3 simply because you can watch blue rays on it. But if MP is your thing, xbox online communities seem to be bigger.

X-Box has the best online community by far out of the two. If you want a better selection of games I would go with the PS3 though. They have far better exclusive games than the 360 and several more coming out like The Last of Us made by creators of the Uncharted series which is also excellent.

PS3, it's also my bluray player

Depends what your friends have as well, as I guess you will want to play them online.

Deleted
    just out of curiosity when are the next gen consoles are being released? shouldn't be that long anymore?!

ot: i'd vote for ps3 since i like the controller xd
    Last edited by mmoc3231ba3ffd; 2012-08-04 at 05:57 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    PC...I can play all games on it. Xbox, Xbox 360, PS2, and PS3.

I really cant see buying a console that you cannot upgrade.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Punks View Post
    People usaly buy it becos its cheaper and easier to move around and you dont have to mess around with installing games and random bugs that comes with that (i know you can have no problems at all but some do get annoying problems) sadly the games are usaly more expensive to counter this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    People usaly buy it becos its cheaper and easier to move around and you dont have to mess around with installing games and random bugs that comes with that (i know you can have no problems at all but some do get annoying problems) sadly the games are usaly more expensive to counter this.
    Its the price of the games you are right. I cant say how I get my games but its not that expensive. Steam has gobbled up too much of my money lol.

The only Console I would get is the Wii. (yes im sad)

Quote Originally Posted by Punks View Post
    PC...I can play all games on it. Xbox, Xbox 360, PS2, and PS3.

Since he didnt ask if he should get a PC way to spam. And im sure you can play those ps3 and xbox exclusives on thier pc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Since he didnt ask if he should get a PC way to spam. And im sure you can play those ps3 and xbox exclusives on thier pc.
    I sure can. Can play every PS3 and Xbox "exclusive" game on my PC. The only game that gives me trouble is the COD franchise. Well the Multi-player part. Lags like crazy on my ported EMU

10+ Year Old Account
    Get PS3 it has better graphics than the Xbox...

No seriously though they both have awesome games it's just which system has the best exclusive games for you I would say. They both have online gaming and pretty much the same online features like Netflix music, movies etc. PS3 is free and Xbox 360 you pay. If you play online a lot I would go with PS3, saves you the extra money of paying for online gaming. One thing that really separates the two for me are the hardware differences. Like for the controllers. For Xbox 360 you constantly have to change batteries and can become annoying sometimes. PS3's controllers are awesome because you never need batteries and if it's running low on power you just hook up the USB charger and play while it's charging and even comes with the console which is another plus. But then you have how the consoles store data on the hard drive. Xbox 360 is the best for this because for each game it only takes up MBs of space where the PS3 takes up a lot more going as far as like 20Gb for a single game causing you to eventually spend more money on another hard drive.

So you just have to look at that stuff and also the games it has.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I understand that you want to play online, but honestly id suggest the ps2. But you asked for a ps3/xbox 360, so atm i would say ps3, or tbh which ever is cheapest. But really unless you really want it now id just wait for the 4/720.

Overall, my 360 gets more airtime because of the games that are out on it. When games are on both consoles, I tend to get them on the 360 because the PS3 controller is sadly in need of an update. The PS3 usually ticks me off because whenever I get a 360 game, be it off the download or off a disc, there's no such thing as waiting for an install unless I choose to install to the hard drive. It ends up baffling me that a demo on the 360 is plug and play where it needs to be installed on the PS3.

That being said, the longevity of my PS3 system-wise is pretty good. I can't remember when I bought it, but it's held up a long time. Whereas I've worn out three 360s. Whether or not that's simply a difference of use I won't speculate on.

Neither. Wait a few months and get a WiiU!

10+ Year Old Account
    PS3
    Great exclusives.
    Free multiplayer.
    Bluray player.
    No Red-Ring-Of-Death.

That's basically it.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Personally 360 as I'm a huge Halo fan and love Gears of War but since you already have a 360 why not just go and get a PS3? I own both and they both have solid exclusives . For PS3 I'm waiting for the Ratchet & Clank HD Collection coming out later this month. Also if your 360 broke then I'd go with what you enjoy the most especially if you like Halo and Gears.

They both suck, but at least a ps3 is also a bluray player.