10+ Year Old Account

Games for Windows Live problems

Now, I know some people hate Origin, because it's a crappy service. I've personally never used it, but considering people have boycotted games over it, I figured it was legitimate. I haven't heard nearly as much rage regarding Games for Windows Live until now (perhaps there are so few games that use it?). Now it has -my- wrath.

I recently went on a spending spree during the Steam Summer Sale. One of those games was Bulletstorm. I knew it wasn't a FANTASTIC game, based on the fact that people said it was crap, and the creators had the audacity to say it 'failed due to pirating'. Regardless, it was $2.50, so whatever.

Anyway, I install it. Fire it up. I need a GFWL account to play? Okay... I use my Live account.

Service is unavailable. Check your network. Seriously? Everything else I play does so flawlessly. I can even log into GFWL website just fine.
    Service unavailable. Service unavailable. Service unavailable. My girlfriend brings me a drink, hearing me rage about it, and I am about to show her what utter bullshit it is... And it logs me in. Well, dang. Maybe it finally did it. Awesome!

I play Bulletstorm for an hour, and switch to Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, a game I've eagerly been looking forward to play. Huh. It seems to use GFWL.

Service unavailable. Service unavailable. Service unavailable. @#$%^&*(

I spent an hour researching last night, with a dozen different fixes, and finally gave up. Got up this morning, decided to play Bulletstorm.

Service unavailable.

Are you frigging kidding me?

So I'm at my wits end. I went from port forwarding, to enabling DMZ. Uninstalled and reinstalled GFWL. I really don't know what to do at this point.

Closing this, as there were multiples.