Deleted

Textures moving as my character moves...

Had this problem for what seems to be ages now. As I move my character some of the textures in the game seem to move also, its manly noticeable on the floor like in Durotar as its quite hilly or on the bridge on the front of Stormwind looking out to Elywind forest, when I am moving it looks like the textures are also moving it is also noticeable some what on buildings and trees and watching like plants and weeds on the floor. When I am stood still there wouldnt appear to be a problem at all, but when I move its instantly there.

Its kinda hard to explain it but SS's wouldnt work to show you an example I have tried frapsing it before but the quality was real bad and when I watch it you cannot see the issue.

I have done all sorts to try and resolve it including the following

- Had a GTX670 in problem remains
    - Done 2 full reinstalls of Windows and formatted HDDs
    - Tried a different monitor
    - Tried different monitor cable
    - Obviously download WoW multiple times

So I my question is what else could I try, the problem makes it pretty much unplayable as it bugs me as soon as I see it.

The issue sort of looks like in the distance the land has running water over it but it only flows as I move if that makes sense. I have multisampling on 4 as I always have cause I cannot stand jaggedness.

I have looked all over different forums for someone with the same problem as me but nothing comes up, which makes me think it must be some sort of hardware problem but I dont know what it could be as I have tried a different GPU, Monitor, and different cables, to which the problem still remains.

Any ideas?

Deleted
    Does it happen only in WoW? Perhaps do you have any other game you could try out?

And forgive me for this stupid question but since you didn't mention it: have you installed the correct drives from the official site?
    Also could you list down your sistem?

Deleted
    The only other game I have is Diablo 3, and as far as I can see it doesnt effect it. I have tried loads of different drivers including the beta ones all from Nvidias site.

My pc is

- 8800 GTX, I know its old, but even the 670 gtx had the same issue
    - 8GB ram
    - 750 PSU
    - P67-DS3-BS3 motherboard

I would have thought that reinstalling windows, formatting and then downloading WoW fresh again would have gotten rid of the issue, this is what makes me think the is something hardware wise effecting it.

This is the fraps video I did but even at 720p I dont think you will see it clearly enough http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgxLlxpLDPQ

---------- Post added 2012-08-04 at 10:06 PM ----------

Another way to describe it is like imagine diagonal invisible strips going down, when I move it you can see them ever so slightly, when I move foward they go up and when I move backwards the move down.

---------- Post added 2012-08-04 at 10:11 PM ----------

Its like the problem in this video that someone else has uploaded, its starts about 20 seconds in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbSRzykVoYI

BUT mine seems to be on a lot smaller scale and affecting mainly the ground.

I see it, it looks a bit like water or something liquid. Have you tried to take off DX11?
    Deleted WTF/Cache folders?

If nothing of this helps, I recommend trying to contact Technical Support on the official forums, I think they know what to do to help.

European Forums

US Forums
    Last edited by Arkayzer; 2012-08-05 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Double Link

Quote Originally Posted by Arkayzer View Post
    I see it, it looks a bit like water or something liquid. Have you tried to take off DX11?
    Deleted WTF/Cache folders?

If nothing of this helps, I recommend trying to contact Technical Support on the official forums, I think they know what to do to help.

European Forums

US Forums
    This guy stole my suggestions...mainly the try turning DX11 off.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox25 View Post
    Had this problem for what seems to be ages now. As I move my character some of the textures in the game seem to move also, its manly noticeable on the floor like in Durotar as its quite hilly or on the bridge on the front of Stormwind looking out to Elywind forest, when I am moving it looks like the textures are also moving it is also noticeable some what on buildings and trees and watching like plants and weeds on the floor. When I am stood still there wouldnt appear to be a problem at all, but when I move its instantly there.

Its kinda hard to explain it but SS's wouldnt work to show you an example I have tried frapsing it before but the quality was real bad and when I watch it you cannot see the issue.

I have done all sorts to try and resolve it including the following

- Had a GTX670 in problem remains
    - Done 2 full reinstalls of Windows and formatted HDDs
    - Tried a different monitor
    - Tried different monitor cable
    - Obviously download WoW multiple times

So I my question is what else could I try, the problem makes it pretty much unplayable as it bugs me as soon as I see it.

The issue sort of looks like in the distance the land has running water over it but it only flows as I move if that makes sense. I have multisampling on 4 as I always have cause I cannot stand jaggedness.

I have looked all over different forums for someone with the same problem as me but nothing comes up, which makes me think it must be some sort of hardware problem but I dont know what it could be as I have tried a different GPU, Monitor, and different cables, to which the problem still remains.

Any ideas?
    Highlighted section rules out your GPU, as it would be present in a recording if the gpu was producing this issue. This is likely a monitor or cable issue that could be resolved by purchasing a new cable first and if it still happens a new monitor, all be it rare it is not unheard of to buy something and get defective items again. Try your gpu's and monitors on another pc to check for the issue, check your refresh rate etc.

Deleted
    I think I can rule out cables as I have tried all in all 3 different ones all with the issue still there. Someone posted on the fraps video I made that it looks like "the game was loading shadow/particle/terrain detail as you get closer to the textures". Would this not be down to the HDD it is on? it not been fast enough to load the details needed properly. I know a lot of people where complaining of something similar in Diablo 3, but that we resulting in stuttering, which I dont get.

If the problem is not been cause by the GPU, Monitor, Cables? What else could potentially make it happen as in Motherboard, CPU, Ram? Could anything else cause a graphical issue like I am experiencing, could something have become corrupted?

---------- Post added 2012-08-05 at 04:44 PM ----------

Oh and I am normally on DX9, I have tried DX11 just to see if it was the same and it was, tried all different settings on the controls both in-game and through nvidia control panel. Nothing even eases the problem its the same no matter what I change or put back to default.

---------- Post added 2012-08-05 at 04:51 PM ----------

At the minute I just feel like selling the damn thing, I feel like I have tried everything in my power to try and resolve it, im no tech expert and wouldnt dream of trying to take parts out of it (aside from the GPU). The only game I really play is WoW and if this rig is going to give me problems doing that there is no point in having it

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats your settings for texture filtering? Both in WoW and Nvidia control panel. Sounds to me its just set really low / on a performance setting.