Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talorh View Post
    Not really, I guess it just depends on a person. I never was into VNs but Katawa Shoujo kept me interested.

You don't like Touhou, don't have a console and not into VNs. Don't think there's a lot of choice out there then. There's always emulators, for something like Valkyrie Profile. PS2 is a goldmine for good anime styled games, from Persona 3 to Xenogears.
    I didn't say I'm not into VN's. I said that they might be one of the things that do interest me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    I already responded on it. I don't agree, infact I found it to be the opposite. I don't know what people see in it. Maybe I need to be a teenager to appriciate it.
    I'm a teen myself, and it's just bad.
    The reason why people think it's good is because
    a) It's made my westerners instead of Japanese
    b) It's their first ever VN
    c) They are used to playing CAWADOOdY or BATTURFIERD, and are shocked when a game has content that actually invokes some emotions in the player(s)

The writing's cheesy, and the pacing is terrible. It also misses what I find essential in a VN; voice acting.
    I still haven't finished Tsukihime because of that reason.

---------- Post added 2012-08-05 at 01:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    I didn't say I'm not into VN's. I said that they might be one of the things that do interest me.
    You might want to have a look at this:

If you find something that catches your fancy, check vndb.org and search for the title. There you will see a lot of details about the game such as:
    -Approximate length
    -Developer and Publishers(by language)
    -A brief synopsis
    -Tags for content(theme, setting, heroine and protagonist types etc.), sexual content(info about sexual scenes and their content) and technical information(type of the VN, routes/endings etc.)
    -Screenshots
    -Characters and their biographies (if available)

Be sure to check the "hide spoilers" button at the bottom right corner when checking for the tags, if you so wish.

Deleted
    Must appreciate.

Deleted
    Well, good anime themed game for PC I know and really enjoy is Eden Eternal,its an f2p MMO,I started few weeks ago and I love it,It can get a bit grindy but I dont really care about that :3 If you choose to come and play it send me a message I'll help you as much as I can. Cheers and good luck searching for anime games!

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Katawa Shoujo is pretty awesome.
    Yes. Yes it is.

Arent visual novels just H-games?

Recettear.
    Its available on steam!

Capitalism, ho!

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 05:20 PM ----------

Oh. And another one:

Xenoblade Chronicles.

It's technically a Wii game, but I found it runs magnificently on a Wii emulator. To the point where I much prefer to play it on my PC than on the Wii. Much easier to bing my laptop on a train than a console and TV set after all. The game has been targetted quite heavily for emulation support due to the decision to not release the game in the US (it's hard to translate games from english to american or something?), but you should be able to find the game in bargain bins all over europe still. And I can promise you it is a great and entertaining JRPG that will eat up a few weeks of your time.

If you first go down that route, you will find that many many MANY awesome games from discontinued consoles that run on emulators as well. Some of these games are a bit harder to find legally these days, but nonetheless - they are what you are looking for if you want a good anime game on your PC!

- Xenogears (PS1), best RPG ever made.
    - Chrono Trigger on SNES, probably the best game ever made
    - All of the SNES and PS1 Final Fantasies. FFX on the PS2. Don't bother about the rest of the series.
    - Secret of Mana (Seiken Denetsu 2) and Secret of Mana 3 (Seiken Denetsu 3) on SNES
    - All the "Tales of" -games (there's like 10 of them on various platforms)
    - Star Ocean (both the SNES and Sega games)
    - Final Fantasy Tactics (SNES) and Tactics Ogre (PS1), though I much would rather recommend the re-made PSP version of both
    - La Pucelle Tactics, Disgaea 1 and Disgaea 2 for the PS2
    - Pretty much any game from GUST (the Atelier series, mana khemia series, ars tonelico series), most for PS2
    - The Persona series (PS1, PS2... )
    - The Shin Megami Tensei games (PS2)
    - Xenosaga for the PS2
    - Lufia 1 and especially Lufia 2 (SNES)

I could also list you a ton of GBA and PSP games that would suit the same vein, but... those emulators are still a bit flunky, and the consoles are still not abandoned (though it's starting to be a PITA to find GBA cartridges; at least the PSP games I can buy online). I have found that I have enjoyed most of the games released by NIS America though, and they seem to be targetting android now, so you may want to keep their games in the outlook too!

But yeah, I can also recommend some of the visual novels people have been talking about. I particularly enjoyed Higurashi and Umineko naku na Koro Ni. You know it's a great story when you run around in the kitchen at 4am unable to sleep because you just read something awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Arent visual novels just H-games?
    Some are. It makes the genre somewhat... risky, for sure.

In the beginning, all of them were. But then those authors found that the games they made were popular for the stories, not the descriptions of lack of clothing. And from there evolved a culture where there are actually coming some really good stories. Heck, there are even some games that are re-released in "cleaned up" forms.

I am no expert in the field, but I can heartily recommend Higurashi and Umineko. Both are very clean. I have friends whom also praise Katawa Shoujo, but never dared to venture into that one myself. Clannad is a fourth one that received major acclaim, but I never played it (only watched the anime).
    Last edited by Danner; 2012-12-31 at 04:31 PM.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Upcoming (mmo)anime games

youtube.com/watch?v=a9SrklhgSHU

youtube.com/watch?v=HfBYCPz0NYo

10+ Year Old Account
    Please check the thread date before posting.
    Closing.