Thread: add ons in gw2

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
17
... LastLast
  1. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    I don't see a difference here. Also isn't it a bit presumptuous of devs to tell me HOW to enjoy the game? Why the fuck they care what I WATCH?
    Because ultimately, it's their game. Do you play <other insert non-modable> games and complain because you can't mod them? Do you complain that "Starry Night" doesn't have enough stars?

    Edit: added a significant word because we already know the answer without it
    Last edited by rhandric; 2012-08-07 at 10:09 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post

    A good half of DBM messages comes from boss emotes. In case you didn't know that.
    As Dodrin said, the majority of DBM messages are timer based. Example "After his first demo shout he will shout every 30 seconds and stack the debuff"

    Yeah, the boss emoted, but he is also on a strict timer. Not to mention the majority of DBM users don't even her the boss emotes because they rely so heavily on DBM to flash their screen red and sound alarms.

    GW2 bosses, from what I've seen, aren't on a strict list like the scripted fights of other games. So even if we wanted a DBM type mod, it wouldn't be based on timers. It would be based on what the boss is doing that second. Which brings us full circle to, play the game(what's happening in your surroundings) not the UI.

    I'd rather watch the enemy, listen to the sounds of the game than see a list of timer bars or listen to a pedophile wolf say "Run away little girl"

  3. #283

  4. #284
    no addons no. addons ruin games. shit become too easy then. 1 reason of many why i choose gw2
    GPU: Asus DCII 780 @ 1228 / 6700 CPU: i2500k @ 4,7 Ghz Motherboard: P8Z68-VPRO PSU: Corsair TX 850W
    CPU-Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Ram: Corsair 2x 4gb = 8gb CL9 1600mhz

    Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27inch 2560x1440 Mouse: QPAD 5K Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 Headset: QPAD QH-90 SSD: Intel 520, 240gb

  5. #285
    So those of you saying that addons make games too easy, you all cleared heroic sinestra, ragnaros, and madness when each was current? And you all also achieved gladiator in pvp?

  6. #286
    The Lightbringer Malthurius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Black Citadel
    Posts
    3,638
    Quote Originally Posted by bstap04 View Post
    So those of you saying that addons make games too easy, you all cleared heroic sinestra, ragnaros, and madness when each was current? And you all also achieved gladiator in pvp?
    Well... for PvP is kind of moot because everyone in the higher tiers uses addons as well.

    As for PvE, are you saying that Heroic Sinestra, Ragnaros, and Madness of Deathwing wouldn't be harder if you didn't have DBM?
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2012-08-08 at 02:32 AM.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

  7. #287
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,031
    Serious question: Since PvE in GW2 is going to largely, by design, not be competitive...
    Would having modding capability specifically in PvE truly hurt anything?
    INB4 not needing addons for non-competitive stuff - it's already absolute fact that addons aren't needed even for competitive environments, they're just useful and nice to have
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  8. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by bstap04 View Post
    So those of you saying that addons make games too easy, you all cleared heroic sinestra, ragnaros, and madness when each was current? And you all also achieved gladiator in pvp?
    I love your logic...

    And it's been said, SOME addons (very few) make the gameplay experience so simplified, that yes, content as a whole is easier. Imagine if all of those timers telling you when to use your cooldowns/when to move and where suddenly were gone. Yes, it'd be harder.

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by bstap04 View Post
    So those of you saying that addons make games too easy, you all cleared heroic sinestra, ragnaros, and madness when each was current? And you all also achieved gladiator in pvp?
    What exactly were you trying to prove? Because if anything you're agreeing that addons make a game easier.

    lol, didn't think that out fully did ya?

    And all of those bosses COULD be defeated without addons, it would just be hard and take a lot longer. Did you not play Vanilla?

    But now, WoW has addons for addons and players are so used to being lazy and having their hand held that they think it's impossible to defeat a boss without addons.

    ....addons.

  10. #290
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodrin View Post
    Imagine if all of those timers telling you when to use your cooldowns/when to move and where suddenly were gone. Yes, it'd be harder.
    They don't tell you where to move, or what buttons to push, actually.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  11. #291
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    They don't tell you where to move, or what buttons to push, actually.
    I recall DBM telling you when you were in the wrong area, and by knowing when x mob will take increased damage, or when it iwll do it's major hurttheraidalot phase, you know when to use CDs.

  12. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodrin View Post
    I recall DBM telling you when you were in the wrong area, and by knowing when x mob will take increased damage, or when it iwll do it's major hurttheraidalot phase, you know when to use CDs.
    I also remember an addon, can't recall the name because I wasn't a scrub, that literally told you what ability to use next. It used some theorycrafting algorithm and you set it up for your class. It gave you the proper rotation, well, as proper as an addon could get.

    And you're right. DBM tells you you're in the wrong area, that's basically the same thing as saying "stand over here instead"

  13. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    I also remember an addon, can't recall the name because I wasn't a scrub, that literally told you what ability to use next. It used some theorycrafting algorithm and you set it up for your class. It gave you the proper rotation, well, as proper as an addon could get.

    And you're right. DBM tells you you're in the wrong area, that's basically the same thing as saying "stand over here instead"
    Mages had an addon that tracked the best time to use combustion.

    Silly shit, brah.

    But still, I wouldn't mind UI customization in GW2

  14. #294
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodrin View Post
    Mages had an addon that tracked the best time to use combustion.

    Silly shit, brah.
    LOL. Yeah.

    There's no use arguing with them anymore. People are too accustomed to having their hand held that they think it doesn't change how they play.

    Yet, we all know that they would stumble over themselves if they tried to do a heroic 5man without them.
    Last edited by iCandy; 2012-08-08 at 02:56 AM.

  15. #295
    I'm glad there won't be addons.

  16. #296
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodrin View Post
    I love your logic...

    And it's been said, SOME addons (very few) make the gameplay experience so simplified, that yes, content as a whole is easier. Imagine if all of those timers telling you when to use your cooldowns/when to move and where suddenly were gone. Yes, it'd be harder.
    Not what Im saying at all...Im saying if it made games so much easier then the difficult feats should be achieved by far FAR more people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    Well... for PvP is kind of moot because everyone in the higher tiers uses addons as well.

    As for PvE, are you saying that Heroic Sinestra, Ragnaros, and Madness of Deathwing wouldn't be harder if you didn't have DBM?
    No, Im saying that if addons made it so much more easier, more than 2% of guilds would have completed all of those feats when current content.
    And its not moot for pvp because again, if it made the game so much easier, EVERYBODY would be a gladiator.

    Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    What exactly were you trying to prove? Because if anything you're agreeing that addons make a game easier.

    lol, didn't think that out fully did ya?

    And all of those bosses COULD be defeated without addons, it would just be hard and take a lot longer. Did you not play Vanilla?

    But now, WoW has addons for addons and players are so used to being lazy and having their hand held that they think it's impossible to defeat a boss without addons.

    ....addons.
    uhh, what? lol
    How does that prove addons make games easier? If it did make the game so much easier, more people would have accomplished all of those things I listed when they were relevant.

  17. #297
    Quote Originally Posted by bstap04 View Post
    How does that prove addons make games easier? If it did make the game so much easier, more people would have accomplished all of those things I listed when they were relevant.
    I would assume more people are completing that "hard" content because of DBM, but we have no Pre-DBM content to compare it to. So your "argument" is moot.

  18. #298
    The Lightbringer Malthurius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Black Citadel
    Posts
    3,638
    Quote Originally Posted by bstap04 View Post
    No, Im saying that if addons made it so much more easier, more than 2% of guilds would have completed all of those feats when current content.
    Yes, and I bet even less than 2% would complete it if addons didn't exist.
    And its not moot for pvp because again, if it made the game so much easier, EVERYBODY would be a gladiator.
    You do know that PvP means Player vs Player. If everyone is using addons, everyone has the same advantage. IF everyone wasn't using addons, everyone would still be on a level field. If a player with no addons went up against someone with addons that actually helped him (an addon that called out CDs the opponent uses for example) the player with addons would have a distinct advantage.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

  19. #299
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodrin View Post
    I would assume more people are completing that "hard" content because of DBM, but we have no Pre-DBM content to compare it to. So your "argument" is moot.
    Just saying it is moot doesnt make it moot.
    How can a game be too easy if only 2% of guilds complete all of those raid bosses, and even less players complete all of those raid bosses AND achieved gladiator?

    Yea...addons make games too easy... /sarcasm

  20. #300
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodrin View Post
    I would assume more people are completing that "hard" content because of DBM, but we have no Pre-DBM content to compare it to. So your "argument" is moot.
    Pretty much this. Far less people would have completed that stuff without addons.

    I did 7/8 heroic Firelands one night with no addons and it was HARD. I can't tell you how many mistakes I made because I didn't have DBM holding my hand. Success of the raid was pretty much due to the other 9 with mods being able to compensate for my mistakes.

    If everyone had to play like that I doubt even half of them would have completed the content.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •