Thread: add ons in gw2

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
14
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by GAMEHYPE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WOWPLAYER View Post
    Having addons in "GAME" would be a good thing, I can't understand why people are defending "COMPANY" for not having support for them.
    You can argue that "GAME" does not need them, but personalizing UI would add alot for the game and not take anything away from the experience.
    Guess its just "GAMEHYPE" who don't like when people point out bad things about "their" "GAME"
    Why do people always rebound to this thinking when the opinion of "GAMEHYPE" isn't in line with theirs? I'm honeslty kind of sick of it.

    Anyway, "COMPANY" did say something about allowing the same level of customization of the UI as they did in "GAMERELATEDTOGAME", but we haven't see it yet. I'm all more UI customization, but addons would just open up a whole other can of worms other than just "customizing UI". I honestly think it would be better if the developers developed "GAME" and the "GAMEHYPE" played it.
    AION,SWTOR,GW2 (couple hundred more prolly)
    Last edited by Deafknight; 2012-08-05 at 09:08 AM.

  2. #62
    The Lightbringer Malthurius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Black Citadel
    Posts
    3,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    AION,SWTOR,GW2 (couple hundred more prolly)
    What is the purpose of replacing nouns in my post like "GW2 fans" and "players" with "Gamehype"? How are any of those nouns game hype in the least?

    Also, I'm pretty sure both SWTOR and AION allow addons, and GW2 is pretty different from both of those, so I fail to see your point.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

  3. #63
    Legendary! draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    6,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    What is the purpose of replacing nouns in my post like "GW2 fans" and "players" with "Gamehype"? How are any of those nouns game hype in the least?

    Also, I'm pretty sure both SWTOR and AION allow addons, and GW2 is pretty different from both of those, so I fail to see your point.
    I dont get it either malth i really struggle to see the point hes making, its one of the worst posts ive ever seen, and Ive made some pretty awful ones myself.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    What is the purpose of replacing nouns in my post like "GW2 fans" and "players" with "Gamehype"? How are any of those nouns game hype in the least?

    Also, I'm pretty sure both SWTOR and AION allow addons, and GW2 is pretty different from both of those, so I fail to see your point.
    Its the same every single mmo launch

  5. #65
    Legendary! draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    6,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    Its the same every single mmo launch
    The hype train? yeah it is, GW2 has some of the biggest hype ive seen, not ToR like but certainly above the likes of Rift, but we have a thread all about hype elsewhere lets not go down that road, thats already 100s of posts long of back and forth.

  6. #66
    The Lightbringer Malthurius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Black Citadel
    Posts
    3,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    Its the same every single mmo launch
    I still don't see how my post is simply gamehype.

    I said, paraphrasing, that "I'm all for UI customization" but I wouldn't be for addons. That has nothing to do with me being stubborn about how the game is, I can admit that I'm currently not happy with the amount of customization of the UI that was shown in the game, "We've yet to see customization on the level of what was in GW1". Honestly, if ArenaNet actually develop their game like they should, addons won't be needed.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    The hype train? yeah it is, GW2 has some of the biggest hype ive seen, not ToR like but certainly above the likes of Rift, but we have a thread all about hype elsewhere lets not go down that road, thats already 100s of posts long of back and forth.
    The Addon argument as well, Aion and SWTOR for one didnt have them at launch.
    You can replace the names of company in that post with the currently hyped game/company and you will replicate a silly ammount of conversations over the last few years

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-05 at 08:44 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    I still don't see how my post is simply gamehype.

    I said, paraphrasing, that "I'm all for UI customization" but I wouldn't be for addons. That has nothing to do with me being stubborn about how the game is, I can admit that I'm currently not happy with the amount of customization of the UI that was shown in the game, "We've yet to see customization on the level of what was in GW1". Honestly, if ArenaNet actually develop their game like they should, addons won't be needed.
    So your not excited about GW2 and may be a little biased ? You can replace it with GAMEFAN if you think that hype is offensive.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    The Addon argument as well, Aion and SWTOR for one didnt have them at launch.
    You can replace the names of company in that post with the currently hyped game/company and you will replicate a silly ammount of conversations over the last few years

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-05 at 08:44 AM ----------



    So your not excited about GW2 and may be a little biased ? You can replace it with GAMEFAN if you think that hype is offensive.
    So to sum up your argument: "Oh no, game isn't like WoW, it must be bad!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

  9. #69
    The Lightbringer Malthurius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Black Citadel
    Posts
    3,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    So your not excited about GW2 and may be a little biased ? You can replace it with GAMEFAN if you think that hype is offensive.
    I'm not offended, I'm just really confused by your attitude.

    Like I said to the other person in that quote earlier, I don't understand how disagreeing with an opinion automatically makes me or anyone else a "fanatic" or "game hype".
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    So to sum up your argument: "Oh no, game isn't like WoW, it must be bad!"
    Only if your argument is: "Oh no, they want something from WoW in my game, it must be bad!"

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-05 at 08:53 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    I'm not offended, I'm just really confused by your attitude.

    Like I said to the other person in that quote earlier, I don't understand how disagreeing with an opinion automatically makes me or anyone else a "fanatic" or "game hype".
    Yours was just one of the two best post in the last page representing the neverending argument between people wanting addons and the ones who dont.

  11. #71
    Legendary! draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    6,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    Only if your argument is: "Oh no, they want something from WoW in my game, it must be bad!"
    You can expect a lot of that in this subforum, WoW is often wrongly compared, ridiculed or attacked its just one of those things, I try my hardest and ive quite often put people like drake in his place with his misinformation much like i do get put in my place here when im wrong, its inevitable that wow gets hate in here, people are bitter at changes made or just got disillusioned. So yes expect a lot of that.

  12. #72
    The Lightbringer Malthurius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Black Citadel
    Posts
    3,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post

    Yours was just one of the two best post in the last page representing the neverending argument between people wanting addons and the ones who dont.
    Still don't understand how it's game hype to disagree with someone; you're doing a poor job of explaining that to me.

    Addons wouldn't make GW2 objectively better or worse, only subjectively, and even then features that addons supply can be supplied by developers if demand is high enough, and this way developers don't have to worry about breaking addons that do something that the developers don't agree with or even break the game.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    Still don't understand how it's game hype to disagree with someone;
    So you dont understand how hype could make you disagree with someone ?

  14. #74
    The Lightbringer Malthurius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Black Citadel
    Posts
    3,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    So you dont understand how hype could make you disagree with someone ?
    What makes you think that I'm blinded by hype?
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    Why do people always rebound to this thinking when the opinion of GW2 "fans" isn't in line with theirs? I'm honeslty kind of sick of it.
    one post after the other guy became the blinded hater.

  16. #76
    The Lightbringer Malthurius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Black Citadel
    Posts
    3,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    . .
    So I'm blinded by hype because I'm sick of people calling my opinions wrong because they think I'm blinded by hype... sure...

    I think I'm done.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    So I'm blinded by hype because I'm sick of people calling my opinions wrong because they think I'm blinded by hype... sure...

    I think I'm done.
    pretty sure i edited the placeholder :P

  18. #78
    These threads make me wonder sometimes, do the folks claiming that GW2 way is the right way no matter what really not want the game to be successful and trolling, or are they just ignorant of reality in their blind faith?

    Most people who bother to come to these forums and ask for features they want generally want a game that best suits their needs. They want a game that they will be comfortable playing for a long time. And then comes the local lynch mob and hangs them. Every time. While chanting "it's not WoW, go away" to the point where mods often have to tell them to stop, just like in this thread, and every other thread on this subject.

    Reminds me of an old joke where a guy was sitting on a tree branch sawing it from under himself without understanding of obvious consequences. Also reminds me of SWTOR's similar fan group and their utter denial both pre launch and post launch on similar aspects of the game. Reality caught up with most of these people by now though, and it will probably catch up with locals as well as game designers of GW2 eventually.

    Of course, by then it will be far too late. I'd rather have a proper long-lasting game out of GW2 instead of being right on the subject again.

  19. #79
    I think you are slightly exaggerating the issue, I can count tops 5-6 people that do as you describe the majority of people who actually post frequently on GW2 sub forums sound like reasonable and educated people to me. With this said and out of the way I do agree that these people are setting up the game they want to succeed for a failure.

  20. #80
    I think that addons often bring more harm to a game than good. For games like WoW, which have really bad UI from the beginning and use indirect game mechanics like threat etc., addons are almost a must. For a game like GW2, I don't really see any reason for addons. The UI is already minimalistic and very usable, and nothing in the game mechanics calls for addon-based gameplay improvements. The only things which would be probably interesting are some sort of organiser/communication addons (goal tracker, calendar, guild communication, RP).

    And certainly, I don't think hat success of GW2 will depend on whether it will have addons or not...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •