What's the best high power wireless adapter?

I live in little extra room outside of the main house because there aren't enough rooms and the wireless signal gets kind of choppy sometimes. I'm looking for a high power usb adapter with the most range, one that I can get a better antenna. Right now the connection is at 76% signal strength, but I'd like to have 5 bars all the time.

Short of directional antennas providing a tiny bit of extra reception, the main source of range is going to be the router.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Short of directional antennas providing a tiny bit of extra reception, the main source of range is going to be the router.
    We have an older linksys one. What do you think would be a good upgrade?

Why don't you run a cable from the other house?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    802.11n has better signal than a 802.11G, if that's what you have.

You may also want to look into http://lifehacker.com/5563196/turn-y...wi+fi-repeater

Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    Here's a better question. Is the guest house connected to the main house's breaker box? If so there are numerous powerline adapters that would be much better (and cheaper).
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

I'd powerline it, if your outside the mainpart of the house, it probably shares the same wiring right?

You should have a sub-panel in your guest house if it was wired properly and if you do you can get a snake to fish it through the encasement underground. But don't run a CAT5 outside without some sort of piping.