Thread: Skyrim issues

Skyrim issues

Ok, I posted this in the Video Games thread, and while I was unsure if it was in the correct thread, or if there was a larger topic around that had skipped a few pages, I made a whole new topic. However a mod put my post inside a thread who's last post was 1 month 10 days ago. I thought necro's were frowned upon?

If this is the wrong forum again, please tell me where I need to post this to get some answers. I realize it's only been a day but in a thread that's 41 days old? Pretty bad in my opinion.

Here's the issues :

My compass shows everything outside of the little rectangle all the way across my screen. My health bar as well as my enemies health bars do not deplete when damaged in the open world, my stamina and magicka bars deplete only in dungeons / houses / inns and such but otherwise move outside of the border as you will see in the picture...

I've tried disabling all mods, even redownloaded the entire game from steam. What is the issue here?

Pic of everything working as intended :

http://i.imgur.com/CkWTw.jpg

Pics of crazy stuff!

http://i.imgur.com/d8hox.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/lAsEq.jpg

As you can tell the blue and green bars are CLEARLY outside of their box.

Aveline's amazing work!

Deleted
    I had similar issue. I fixed it be deactivating/uninstalling mods. I'm not sure which of the mods cause it, although I suspect it was the SkyUI mod. saying yes to loading data not available anymore. Try deleting the pref./settings file as well. Use the Nexus mod manager.
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2012-08-04 at 11:27 PM.

I've just had a buddy who was having the same issues tell me that it could be the AMD 12.6 / 12.7 beta drivers? And that to roll back to either 12.4 which worked for him or 12.1 which worked for others.

I'll try yours first, I don't have skyui mod and I use the NMM, would the pref / settings file be the skyrim.ini? If that isn't it which is it?

Aveline's amazing work!

10+ Year Old Account
    sounds like a bad mod or a load order issue
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

Deleted
    I run the 12.7 BETA driver and haven't had the issue in Skyrim since I deactivated all my mods and re-enabled one at a time.

after deactivating all mods, delete "Skyrim" and "SkyrimPrefs" in documents > My Games > Skyrim

You could also delete local content, using the Steam manager (right click the game in Steam).

I already tried deleting the local content from steam and redownloading which sucks and still didn't fix it. I've tried disabling all mods and just continuing a game that has the issues but they persist. Im currently going to start a completely new game with no mods installed w/ the 12.6 drivers and see what happens.

Aveline's amazing work!

Deleted
    When i said delete content in the Steam manager I actually meant "verify integrity of game cache".

This is what my mod manager looks like (load order etc.)

Alright. After issues with the 12.7 beta drivers I had to use Fusion Sweeper or whatever it is now to roll back to 12.6 drivers. Thus far my issues of open world weird UI bars is fixed. I will try enabling mods 1 at a time. Hey Notarget can you PM me which download you did to get the High Res textures? when I do the NMM dl of it I get nothing on the Plugins but they show up on the mods and everything looks the same.

Thanks for the help on this issue, it is resolved AFAIK.

Aveline's amazing work!

Deleted
    I installed the game with the official high resolution pack, which i got through Steam (look under DLC). Also I run with the 12.7 beta drivers but I guess it's possible they're causing issues for you.

The 12.7 were giving me an error occurred during installation issues. I don't remember the file but something was missing to the point where I couldn't even open CCC. So I just scrapped the idea and went with 12.6. Thanks for your help Notarget.

Aveline's amazing work!