Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Do we get refund for those mats ?

Question about inscription

Ok wat about the fact, players with inscription, spend allot of gold on herbs for milling , so they could discover Glyph's.
    Now allot of those glyp's will be removed from the game. Do we get a something else back in return ? It would be unfair removing a glyph we used gold/mats on and get nothing back in return !
    Reason why im asking is, because i have always all glyph's on AH , i stockpiled like 600 in total of them ?

Somebody knows ?

Probably not.

http://bit.ly/12e7MsQ <--- My New Monk Main

15+ Year Old Account
    They have removed stuff from all professions over the years, or made some of them useless that we don't even craft anymore. You don't farm them so that in the future they will be useful. You farm the recipes because right "now" they are useful.

You stockpiled only 600 glyphs?
    They're not even removing that many.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerginne View Post
    Question about inscription

Ok wat about the fact, players with inscription, spend allot of gold on herbs for milling , so they could discover Glyph's.
    Now allot of those glyp's will be removed from the game. Do we get a something else back in return ? It would be unfair removing a glyph we used gold/mats on and get nothing back in return !
    Reason why im asking is, because i have always all glyph's on AH , i stockpiled like 600 in total of them ?

Somebody knows ?
    I bought Dual Talent Specialization when it went live. Today you can buy it for 990 gold less. Did I get the difference back? Nah.

Deleted
    As with all changes to this games, you are not retroactively refunded for whatever it is that got changed. You decided to craft it at the time where the cost was x amount of materials. There's nothing you can do about it, other than keep posting on AH and hope someone actually needs the glyphs before MoP hits, for whatever reason.

---------- Post added 2012-08-05 at 12:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    I bought Dual Talent Specialization when it went live. Today you can buy it for 990 gold less. Did I get the difference back? Nah.
    Exactly. And how about all that gold I spent on learning new levels of new skill? Now you only learn each skill once and in MoP they become totally free? Do we get a refund for that?

Nope.

Deleted
    Dont forget the change in mount training aswell i bought 100% ground mount training on several characters for 800g back in the day i dident get a single gold back when they changed the prices

Deleted
    Ofc
    But like other proffesion tailoring/enchanting/leatherworking etc etc etc
    They keep the recipe and are always able to recraft it, even its worthless for your current level.
    What they planning todo with inscription is removing it all, so its unfair compaired to other proffesions .

as some1 allready said on this forums many new glyphs have the same ID as old ones that are going away so you are not going to lose anything cus they will just transform.

plus it was much greater deal when they made glyphs permanent

Deleted
    This is not thesame , you still have your mount , me and all other inscriptors have not oure glyph's anymore , even we spended gold on it we don't have anything back in return.[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by mmoc896628cb04; 2012-08-05 at 10:50 AM.

This is not thesame , you still have your mount , me and all other inscriptors have not oure glyph's anymore , even we spended gold on it we don't have anything back in return.

---------- Post added 2012-08-05 at 10:47 AM ----------

This is the answer i was looking for , is there a list allready with old glyph's will be transformed into new ones ?

---------- Post added 2012-08-05 at 10:48 AM ----------

This is the answer i was looking for , is there a list allready with old glyph's will be transformed into new ones ?

---------- Post added 2012-08-05 at 10:49 AM ----------

There are many posts about which glyphs are being removed, and which ones are being changed. Use google. And for gods sake proof read your posts before you hit "reply". I am an inscriptor with a stock several thousand above yours and I'm not complaining at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hunteromg View Post
    as some1 allready said on this forums many new glyphs have the same ID as old ones that are going away so you are not going to lose anything cus they will just transform.

plus it was much greater deal when they made glyphs permanent

This is the same like those guys who want their investments from building 3 choppers or buying 2 travaler mammoths back - it simply won't happen. You made this investation either years ago before anyone could have known the current situation or based on information you believed to be true but wasn't ever granted to be.
    There's no such thing as a refund so just get over it. On top of that, you can't argue such thing with Blizzard. Sith happens.
    Last edited by The Kao; 2012-08-05 at 10:57 AM.

This. I bought Dual Spec for 4 or 5 toons when it was 1000 gold a pop. I also bought the 280% flying for 5 or 6 toons when it was 5000 gold and there were no rep discounts.

Deleted
    Errm....... They used the same item IDs for most of the glyphs, so you'll automatically get a new one in the place of the old. So, stop QQing..

Deleted
    What a ridiculous QQ. Nobody forced you to make those glyphs. You did so with the intention of making money and you made a bad choice. They arent even changing that many and you will get upgraded to many of the new ones.

Shows glyph conversions ----> http://inscriptionist.arctic-eagle.com/

Literally only 2 are being removed.

In the past what happened is the ones being removed are actually converted into one of the new glyphs, well almost all of them at least.

Deleted
    Pre TBC Riding skill sais hello.

Every proffession had the problem, and no you won't get a refund.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused about inscription...with all other professions they carry on over the expansions..eg enchants get stronger, gems increase more stats, armour/weapons are stronger, Gatherers can gather new and higher items...

However with inscription the main focus is on glypths, which don't incease in power... so unless they revamp/ change glypths each expansion inscription would be practically useless at higher levels other than the things such as shoulder enchants 0o