Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Thumbs up Don't play Rift, but I give it a thumbs up.

Simply put, in a year it's managed to get 9 or so patches compared to WoW's measly 3 in a year and a half.
    The class system is very diverse (But I do notice some classes/souls are -very- similar in mechanics and just have a different theme) and there's a ton of end-game content every few months instead of a tiny raid every 6 months.

I play and love WoW, but I have a 'crush' if you will on Rift. Only thing stopping me playing it is the cost to buy the game and the sub fee, I play during the free periods and I was in the beta at least, and while I enjoyed it there was little RP to be had. (As it's what I do mostly in WoW)

But for the majority of players, there seems to be plenty to see and do with little reason to unsub.

Therefore, let me just say Rift deserves a bigger player base than it has.

Deleted
    I'd play RIFT over wow any day, if it wasn't for my friends and guild still playing wow

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't play rift myself, have tried it and I think it's a great game. Not for me, but a great game indeed!

I wish my friends played it, I see it as a far better raiding experience right now.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you buy it at the right time, you can have Rift for anywhere from $5 to the normal $20. ;p
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    If you buy it at the right time, you can have Rift for anywhere from $5 to the normal $20. ;p
    ...and those 5$ deals also contain the first free month, so they're really worth it!

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the devs for putting out content like crazy, thumbs up to that.

I hate Gamebryo with a burning passion, thumbs down.

The upside down talent/class trees are also a thumbs down.

Without the last two thumbs downs, the first statement would not be possible.

This is why Rift never caught on, it's a classic catch 22.

Deleted
    I'd say Rift deserves a bigger playerbase when it comes out with something original.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    I'd say Rift deserves a bigger playerbase when it comes out with something original.
    I'm sorry but when has any recent MMO brought a "non-original" idea.

Unfourtently OP its to similar to wow, just more hard-core inn terms of grinds for both PVE and PvP. That's all I can say. You still ding 50 with quest gear>grind money for crafted gear/run 5 mans to get random drops and badge gear>raid. Just inn Rift its kinda like TBC, where its more hard-core inn terms of grinds. I have no idea about how good the raiding is compared to wow trough.

I do agree the talent system is amasing, being a tank, melee single target dps, ranged dps, support, and AOE/survival/DPS farm specced as a rogue is fun. Sadly Rift dosent bring alot of new to the table from my POV.

Edit: Lvling is alot quit booring in Rift, cant say its any better than wow. Instant Adventures does not help it, its still very dull Then again I dont like lvling much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skindal View Post
    I'm sorry but when has any recent MMO brought a "non-original" idea.
    and that's exactly why they didn't really stand out none of them sustaining more than a few hundred thousand players... if people want the same thing all the time they stick with what they already have, which is wow... and I reckon it'll be like this for a long time... until some mmo brings enough innovation to differentiate from wow-like mmo (gw2 does that to an extent but still not enough innovation imo)...

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Unfourtently OP its to similar to wow, just more hard-core inn terms of grinds for both PVE and PvP. That's all I can say. You still ding 50 with quest gear>grind money for crafted gear/run 5 mans to get random drops and badge gear>raid. Just inn Rift its kinda like TBC, where its more hard-core inn terms of grinds. I have no idea about how good the raiding is compared to wow trough.

I do agree the talent system is amasing, being a tank, melee single target dps, ranged dps, support, and AOE/survival/DPS farm specced as a rogue is fun. Sadly Rift dosent bring alot of new to the table from my POV.

Edit: Lvling is alot quit booring in Rift, cant say its any better than wow. Instant Adventures does not help it, its still very dull Then again I dont like lvling much.
    Really the feel of raiding and endgame in rift is Vanilla/BC style. Resist stacking with mechanics not being too hard to understand. I personally would love to raid in rift if more of my friends played it or anyone played it for that matter anymore(that ik ofc) i was one of the first 50's on my server and in the first raid grp to do Greenscale(not whole instance ofc) but had to take a break and while i wanna go back just noones there to play with anymore

Having played every mmo that is out right now, for a good period of time, and mmos from the past like EQ/EQ2 and SWs galaxies - i can say w/o a doubt RIFT is the best mmo out currently. It really is a fun experience - I wish I had joined up earlier so I could've seen it full of people - but even with just a few people running around and me solo leveling to 50 I have had a blast. As far as endgame - we shall see, but all I hear are great things about raiding/expert dungeons so I can't wait.

All of this is IMO, obviously.

Rift is easily my favourite MMORPG and I just bought another 6 months of sub time so that I can play it alongside GW2. I've played a few other games, but the main reason I've given them up is because there is no other game out there where I feel as though my subscription fee is actually being put back into development of the game, rather than going straight into someone's back pocket. I find it incredible that so many people are content to pay £9 a month for a game that hasn't been updated in 8 months, but it's not my place to tell people what to do with their money.

If anyone in Europe would like to try it out, here is my ascend a friend link, which gives us both rewards when you sign up. It's really worth trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    Rift deserves a bigger playerbase when it comes out with something original.
    So true, i mean Blizzard are bringing out a ton of original ideas in MoP never seen before in any MMO, like Scenarios (Instant Adventures indoors), Challenge Mode Dungeons (Master Modes), heck even a New Character Creation Preview Gear so you can check out what gear your char will have at different levels, truly innovative..

I've played the free trial of Rift on and off for the past few months and it's definitely a solid MMO. I like the talent system, zone-wide rift invasions are fun and I loved keeping my eyes open and hunting down all the artifacts across a zone. Despite these though I could never get very into the game, I could never find out exactly why but Rift simply doesn't draw me in the way WoW and ToR did. Maybe it's the artistic style, who knows. I'm not sure I'll ever subscribe to the game, but I'll probably log back in every once and awhile to see if I like it any better, so stay cool, Rift!

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the things that deterred me away from playing RIFT more seriously for its raids was just the whole macro system. It seemed like everything revolved around macros.

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

10+ Year Old Account
    I played Rift for about a year and halfish starting at release, and will say I enjoyed playing WoW more than I ever enjoyed playing Rift. The leveling was alright the first time around but it got ridiculously boring at cap pretty damn quick, I couldn't stand it. Maybe it's just not the right game for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnermighty View Post
    One of the things that deterred me away from playing RIFT more seriously for its raids was just the whole macro system. It seemed like everything revolved around macros.
    Mage says no.

Deleted
    Im in a similar situation, I haven't played Rift since beta but admire all the content Trion has released since launch. I will pick it up and give it a try one day.