Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the game looks great. I personally can't see any kind of animation issue of camera issue unless I really try to find it. There isn't anything in the aesthetics that throws me off, the game is beautiful to me.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't feel like I'm floating. I only really felt like I was floating when I act like an ADD kid that got into the cookie jar, constantly spamming movement keys for no reason at all. No game gets those moves right. Would rather be a floating Charr than a Charr experiencing a seizure. Saw that enough on my Tauren.

Hell, on the Asura, I especially noticed how, anytime I performed an action, you could tell that the Asura interacted with the ground, and with gravity. From the way he lands after a jump, to the way he wobbles on one leg for a second when stopping suddenly.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruie View Post
    I said almost. Then I stated that it would make me sound judgmental and a fool. Want to know what that means?

Hey, you can try to argue with me again if you'd like. It won't get you anywhere.
    Imagine if i walked up to a man in the street and said, you know what I almost called you fat but I thought that would be judgemental and disrespectful, have a good day.
    Yeah exactly. But as drake said this bickering is pointless, I almost want to say your just as much an attention whore as I am but I wont because I know im right and i dont like being judgemental. Feel free to pm me though.

And drake thats your personal view of it, I know a lot of people will agree and a handful wont, myself i didnt like the glidiness.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2012-08-05 at 07:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I still don't feel like I'm floating. I only really felt like I was floating when I act like an ADD kid that got into the cookie jar, constantly spamming movement keys for no reason at all. No game gets those moves right. Would rather be a floating Charr than a Charr experiencing a seizure. Saw that enough on my Tauren.

Hell, on the Asura, I especially noticed how, anytime I performed an action, you could tell that the Asura interacted with the ground, and with gravity. From the way he lands after a jump, to the way he wobbles on one leg for a second when stopping suddenly.

I loved what you mentioned about the Asura. That was one of the parts I loved about them the most. They felt so real and in touch with the environment.

---------- Post added 2012-08-05 at 12:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Imagine if i walked up to a man in the street and said, you know what I almost called you fat but I thought that would be judgemental and disrespectful, have a good day.
    Yeah exactly. But as drake said this bickering is pointless, I almost want to say your just as much an attention whore as I am but I wont because I know im right and i dont like being judgemental.
    See, now you're calling me a bad name and you're also still not constructing a sentence properly or using the correct you're. You even insisted on being "right" about what you are doing and saying. Are you below the age of 18 or are you really that immature? You might want to reread my post again since you apparently have a problem grasping the concept of things and meanings.

Let's take your scenario into action and suggest that you walk up to a random woman and tell her she is an "attention whore".
    You're simply a hypocrite. Once again, you're derailing the actual point of this thread and instigating.

PS: You might not want to take what people say so seriously on the internet. You obviously took offense to what I said and if you did, I apologize; however, you may want to stop being hypocritical about almost everything you say. Not only are you taking this thread off topic and creating an argument, you're being childish. This thread is about opinions about Guild Wars 2, not opinions about how people word or say things whilst arguing back and forth over irrelevant situations.
    Last edited by Ruie; 2012-08-05 at 07:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved what you mentioned about the Asura. That was one of the parts I loved about them the most. They felt so real and in touch with the environment.
    Ironically, it wasn't until I'd played Asura and noticed those animations that I started to notice similar animations on the other races, but obviously more suited to them.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I've still never seen the floating that several people have talked about, which might make the sudden claim that the characters looked tacked onto the world a bit... odd. Perhaps I'm missing something, but neither have ever really presented themselves to me. Characters seemed to move properly with the environment around them (except in cases where you're spamming the directional keys and moving in ways someone realistically couldn't).

And can we quit the "Don't post opinions you'll get flamed for" posts? Honestly, we have more of those than any real flaming.

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2012-08-05 at 12:49 PM ----------

Once again, you're derailing the actual point of this thread and instigating.
    Now now i did say ALMOST call you and I did say to pm so ditto.

Anyways enough of you and your grammar policing. Drake I didnt play an asura so I can only assume your right about them, but it has been highlighted that the floating exists even by the developers so we know its there, I guess its just down to whether or not its something that will affect you or something you even notice which clearly people havent. Personally its annoying, but I will get over it the same way I got over the animations that make you stop and lose control of your actions.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2012-08-05 at 08:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Ironically, it wasn't until I'd played Asura and noticed those animations that I started to notice similar animations on the other races, but obviously more suited to them.
    I understand what you mean. Playing Human really never excites me anyway, so when I played in BWE1 and BWE2 it didn't really catch my eye. Once I picked up the Asura I felt excited, amazed, and shocked. I even love the /laugh emote with them rolling on the floor laughing. The facial expressions and the entire body language of the Asura amazed me. I think they did a fantastic job. I did soon realize, as well, that each race has their very own body language, facial expressions, and such to be proud of. They were so in touch with the environment so well that I could sit AFK for a long time just looking at the character, the NPCs, and the landscape. Exploring Tyria was the best part. (I know we didn't get to explore the entirety of Tyria, but still, you know what I mean!)

10+ Year Old Account
    I especially loved when doing /sleep on my Norn made him snore. It's the little details that matter.

I did say to pm so ditto.
    You only said that after childishly calling people names and claiming that you "know you're right" but you're too great of a guy to force your obvious facts upon anybody.

If you were really interested in stopping your pointless bickering, you'd have stopped by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    You only said that after childishly calling people names and claiming that you "know you're right" but you're too great of a guy to force your obvious facts upon anybody.

If you were really interested in stopping your pointless bickering, you'd have stopped by now.
    Seriously why post this what do you hope to achieve? I actually A) called myself an attention whore specificaly and B) almost called him one too so by his logic actually I am calling myself the attention whore not him. grr why even post just pm if you want to argue about symantics.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2012-08-05 at 08:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    it has been highlighted that the floating exists even by the developers so we know its there
    It was admitted in the past, several months ago - back before the BWEs I could see some videos that highlighted the "floaty" behavior (and in those videos, it was so slight that I wouldn't have known it was there if I wasn't looking for it), but during the BWEs, especially BWE3, I really can't see it at all. I'm pretty sure the issue has been addressed, but for giving my character seizures.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I've still never seen the floating that several people have talked about, which might make the sudden claim that the characters looked tacked onto the world a bit... odd.
    Go for about 6 mins 10' onwards in with hd for best view.. the character is just floating through the city, feet never seem to touch the floor, even when standing.

Deleted
    I'd suggest you put Drakorinee on ignore and lets try to get the thread back on topic.

For those saying they have not played it but are worried about performance..barring a few issues in WvWvW at stonemist castle, I was running on max settings (looks gorgeous btw), and had no problems at all.

To be fair, Swtor was pretty smooth, a few ability delays where animation>ability activation, however thats not the case in GW2, the animations may play but the ability always goes off when it should. Which is how it should be. you have to remember in wow is that its so fluid because the animations are pretty primative, thats not knocking it, but the graphics are pretty basic and the animations simple and with very low poly counts on models, so they went cartoony (good choice its aged well), but GW2 is much better looking both technically and in my opinion aesthetically, animations are much more complex which has consequences. But they do not impact on gameplay or on ability useage.

Alright, ya'll are giving me a headache now. Bickering is the opposite of being awesome.

Thread closed.