Conquest Points for Killing Faction Leaders?

As a way to bring an alternative to rbgs/arena for conquest, why not allow the Faction Leaders to give conquest? Make it so you have to kill all of them, or whatever it takes to make it to crazy. Just a thought, and was curious if anyone had any opinions on how this could be changed/improved?

I like this idea. But they should have a weekly lockout to stop people from 24/7 farming them.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I quite like that idea, i love WPvP more than rated, so a way of obtaining Conquest outside of those would be really good^_^ The only issue is ofcourse at peak times it's damn near impossible to kill them, but at like 4am it's pretty easy, so it would be hard to balance it out:S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zyx View Post
    I like this idea. But they should have a weekly lockout to stop people from 24/7 farming them.
    i agree with this, if faction leaders would award conquest points on dead, there should be a limit amount of times you can earn it a week ( 1x CP per boss each week)

and then all the pvers will come and QQ omg my quest givers are dead 24/7 on my realm i cant turn in my quests wtf help help stupid blizz remove bonus on our bosses we cant lvl up?!!!

I don't like the lockout system in WoW, regarding anything. If someone wants to run the same raid 24/7 then he should be able to do it. If he is fully geared after 5 days and hasn't got anything left to do, that shouldn't be the problem of blizzard. Artificially keeping people away from content only to not having to see them cry on the forums that there isn't anything to do in wow or that others with too much time have pulled away just doesn't feel right.

Having said that, blizz will probably not encourage things that result in 100 vs 100 or bigger battles, especially not in public areas which are crowded anyway. However, I would like to see city bosses reward conquest points, and I also would like to see a punishment for the faction which lets their city boss being killed. Something like +50% repair costs on everything in the whole world of WoW for one hour, stacking (duration + value) if more city bosses get killed and higher auction house fees etc. They should have an incentive to defend, we don't need the care bear system pushed to the utter extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezuma View Post
    and then all the pvers will come and QQ omg my quest givers are dead 24/7 on my realm i cant turn in my quests wtf help help stupid blizz remove bonus on our bosses we cant lvl up?!!!
    Just make different rule sets for PvE and PvP servers, or even better, introduce a new server type called "PK-Server" or something like that, which has much more PvP friendly rules... like no more safe zones at all, almost no NPC city guards, something to reliably get rid of "hey I'm on my flying mount and I'm immune to PvP" and more. I would also like to see anything that is about teleporting players around to go away, if someone wants to get somewhere then he should have to walk or ride to that place or use the normal transportation vehicles like zeppelins and boats or flight points, that should be sufficient enough. You can group with dungeon finder or battleground thingy, but you don't get teleported any more. This will result in more PvP conflicts.

Even the majority of the players on a PvP server will cry non stop if they see something changed towards more PvP friendly action, so a new server type would be best... no excuses then. All PvP servers are "infested" with high end PvE guilds anyway, because they feel safe enough from PvP action in order to stay there. Just imagine how many PvE guilds would leave, if they had to gather at the raid dungeon entrance before starting a raid and not being beamed or summoned to that place. Every raid entrance would be a PvP zone, especially if flying mounts do not continue to give PvP immunity.
    Last edited by Sarevoc; 2013-02-17 at 12:49 PM.

Deleted
    I like this idea. There would be no harm in being able to earn conquest points in one more way. It could be 100 points per boss or something, that way people without arena/RBG rating could still cap completely with some effort, + it would be an additional form of PvP.

This is actually a very good idea. World PvP can be disruptive, especially in cities and on poorly balanced realms this could be really annoying, so a weekly cap as others have said would be a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevoc View Post
    I don't like the lockout system in WoW, regarding anything. If someone wants to run the same raid 24/7 then he should be able to do it. If he is fully geared after 5 days and hasn't got anything left to do, that shouldn't be the problem of blizzard. Artificially keeping people away from content only to not having to see them cry on the forums that there isn't anything to do in wow or that others with too much time have pulled away just doesn't feel right.

Having said that, blizz will probably not encourage things that result in 100 vs 100 or bigger battles, especially not in public areas which are crowded anyway. However, I would like to see city bosses reward conquest points, and I also would like to see a punishment for the faction which lets their city boss being killed. Something like +50% repair costs on everything in the whole world of WoW for one hour, stacking (duration + value) if more city bosses get killed and higher auction house fees etc. They should have an incentive to defend, we don't need the care bear system pushed to the utter extreme.

Just make different rule sets for PvE and PvP servers, or even better, introduce a new server type called "PK-Server" or something like that, which has much more PvP friendly rules... like no more safe zones at all, almost no NPC city guards, something to reliably get rid of "hey I'm on my flying mount and I'm immune to PvP" and more. I would also like to see anything that is about teleporting players around to go away, if someone wants to get somewhere then he should have to walk or ride to that place or use the normal transportation vehicles like zeppelins and boats or flight points, that should be sufficient enough. You can group with dungeon finder or battleground thingy, but you don't get teleported any more. This will result in more PvP conflicts.

Even the majority of the players on a PvP server will cry non stop if they see something changed towards more PvP friendly action, so a new server type would be best... no excuses then. All PvP servers are "infested" with high end PvE guilds anyway, because they feel safe enough from PvP action in order to stay there. Just imagine how many PvE guilds would leave, if they had to gather at the raid dungeon entrance before starting a raid and not being beamed or summoned to that place. Every raid entrance would be a PvP zone, especially if flying mounts do not continue to give PvP immunity.
    imagine how much money blizzard will lose so not gonna happend

I like it. But maybe about 250-350 conquests points for every kill? And bosses respawn everyday? And you can cap 2200 CP every week with bosses also(with arenas and BGs ofc).

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I like it. But maybe about 250-350 conquests points for every kill? And bosses respawn everyday? And you can cap 2200 CP every week with bosses also(with arenas and BGs ofc).
    Bad idea. I'd say 100-200 per boss. And them only rewarding conquest one per week. Or they would be farmed to hell. Not to mention during out of peak hours it's really easy to kill the bosses.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

The only issue with this is the few quests the faction leaders are tied to. Since they don't respawn for a few hours servers with large faction ratio imbalances could be stuck behind and unable to do simple things like go to Pandaria.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    Bad idea. I'd say 100-200 per boss. And them only rewarding conquest one per week. Or they would be farmed to hell. Not to mention during out of peak hours it's really easy to kill the bosses.
    I wanted to say that they'll give conquests points only once per week(like loot from Sha of Anger).