Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Dreadlord teebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Towson, MD
    Posts
    910
    conquest cap=dumb
    ancients buff=awesome

    comic=bad as usual. keep it up guys, im sure you will hold the longest streak of worst comic or something like that
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

    Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    So I wonder if they are lowering the cost of any valor armor/gear since they are dropping the ampount of total valor you can have at one time.
    There isn't any valor armor/gear. You use valor to upgrade existing gear, and the cap is there to discourage players from holding off too long on valor waiting to upgrade BiS pieces.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Valor of the Ancients
    <facepalm>
    Why is Blizzard actively trying to stop people spending time in their game? Are they really adding this in spite of the 1.1 million subscribers they lost because there was nothing to do?
    I'm thrilled with this feature. I'll have 11 90's with mists, and valor capping all of them would take a ridiculously long time.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    I'm thrilled with this feature. I'll have 11 90's with mists, and valor capping all of them would take a ridiculously long time.
    With 11 characters you strike me as the type of player who would have played them anyway, regardless of this feature. Not attacking you.. that's just the impression I get of people with that many alts. They like to spread the game across all characters. I suspect (and I could be totally wrong) that this feature is aimed more at players who perhaps don't do that now.. but might in the future if they feel there is an advantage to playing alts once they've maxed out their main. Perhaps Blizzard feel it will help the game in general to have more alts running dungeons or maybe they just feel there needs to be more reason to play alts. Or maybe i'm just paranoid and it's none of the above.

  5. #65
    Herald of the Titans Syridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Outskirts of Lea Mondé.
    Posts
    2,772
    Haha, not hard to spot the former/current SWTOR players in these comments. Serves the fanboys right for their zealous preaching tbh.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Valor of the Ancients
    <facepalm>
    Why is Blizzard actively trying to stop people spending time in their game? Are they really adding this in spite of the 1.1 million subscribers they lost because there was nothing to do?
    Please tell me how you know thats why 1.1 million left because of this.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...amutx/advanced

    "Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Sometimes those opinions are wrong though." Daxxarri

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Annnnd Blizzard insert yet another carrot into the game that just makes it all the more tempting to grind out emblems on all your alts day after day, week after week, month after month. Personally that sort of thing just doesn't float my boat anymore. But each to their own.
    Welcome to MMOs

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasn View Post
    Welcome to MMOs
    indeed, a MMO where everything is handed to you :P

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Annnnd Blizzard insert yet another carrot into the game that just makes it all the more tempting to grind out emblems on all your alts day after day, week after week, month after month. Personally that sort of thing just doesn't float my boat anymore. But each to their own.
    Or they are making it faster to cap out valor on all your toons so you don't have to spend as much time grinding for it. I swear, some people just like to see the negative side of everything...this change is flipping AMAZING for people with a lot of alts!

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisderp View Post
    indeed, a MMO where everything is handed to you :P
    see http://www.thedailyblink.com/2012/08...-the-comments/ they seem to doing something right

  11. #71
    man the SWTOR fans can't handle a joke...

  12. #72
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,099
    Inb4 the bandwagon of QQ because of valor of ancients buff "OMAHGAWD BLIZZ THIS GAMEE IS TO CASUAL I QUIT" "I REMEMBER THE TIMES IN VANILLA WHEN YOU WORKED YOUR ASS OFF FOR GEAR" just watch em come. Anywho daily blink is meh once again

  13. #73
    good change to the valor point grind, not gonna lie. Pretty smart and actually useful.

  14. #74
    You know, I was going to comment about how it seems odd that the current daily blink was out of line, but the internet has been a bit more sensitive lately. I am interested in Jaina's change though.

  15. #75

    Quote Originally Posted by kos1085 View Post
    Please tell me how you know thats why 1.1 million left because of this.
    It's just speculation, nothing more. Regardless of why all those subscribers left, making WoW take even less time to complete is an irrational decision when the game's revenue is based off of subscriptions.

    Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    I'm thrilled with this feature. I'll have 11 90's with mists, and valor capping all of them would take a ridiculously long time.
    Honest to god, that makes me sick just thinking about it.

  16. #76
    not good with computers
    chaud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,477
    Quote Originally Posted by subanark View Post
    There isn't any valor armor/gear. You use valor to upgrade existing gear, and the cap is there to discourage players from holding off too long on valor waiting to upgrade BiS pieces.
    http://www.wowdb.com/currencies/396-...#related:items

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    With 11 characters you strike me as the type of player who would have played them anyway, regardless of this feature. Not attacking you.. that's just the impression I get of people with that many alts. They like to spread the game across all characters. I suspect (and I could be totally wrong) that this feature is aimed more at players who perhaps don't do that now.. but might in the future if they feel there is an advantage to playing alts once they've maxed out their main. Perhaps Blizzard feel it will help the game in general to have more alts running dungeons or maybe they just feel there needs to be more reason to play alts. Or maybe i'm just paranoid and it's none of the above.
    I would play them, its true, but there's no way I'd be able to maintain what I'm doing in life, valor capping all of them, and trying out some of the new features being implemented. Thus, I'm thrilled

  18. #78
    Scarab Lord Valarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sowf Wails
    Posts
    4,166
    Quote Originally Posted by MechaMoose View Post
    man the SWTOR fans can't handle a joke...
    Assume moar.

    I don't play SWTOR - check my previous posts, I thought it was garbage and quit within the free month included with the box. I still think this Daily Blink (and the previous ones for the past few weeks) have been real spiteful, sarcastic bullshit. Like I said, they used to be a bit silly, nowadays they're like the annoying guy on MMO-Champ who hates every game except WoW and will attack people who are excited about other titles.

    Don't believe me? Go look at GW2 threads and see how many "Lol GW2 will suck herp derp" posts there are when no-one's even mentioning WoW till that point. It's always the same shit, where WoW players troll other threads and act as if everyone thinks every game is a WoW killer.

  19. #79
    Bloodsail Admiral WarpKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Draenor
    Posts
    1,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Don't believe me? Go look at GW2 threads and see how many "Lol GW2 will suck herp derp" posts there are when no-one's even mentioning WoW till that point. It's always the same shit, where WoW players troll other threads and act as if everyone thinks every game is a WoW killer.
    There have been people claiming every single new MMO is going to be the WoW killer. In addition, aside from actually claiming that new game X is going to kill wow, perhaps less (directly) zealous hype fans proclaim new game X to be amazingly good, flawless, and "different".

    You should expect a few jaded cynics after so many failed hype cycles. The hype kills game launches.
    Currently Playing: Blood Death Knight, Arcane Mage

  20. #80
    If they're going to cap us at 3k valor, could they at least give us something to SPEND it on? I have 10k on my main, and I'll be damned if I'm going to sell boots and bracers for, what is it now, 700g? 500? 200?

    Even a way to convert them to Justice would be nice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •