If this was a sub game would things have turned out different?

I know we can only speculate but if this was a game that required a monthly sub would Blizzard have run it differently? Like would we have patch 1.0.4 already? Im just starting to think that this game was just made to give them the money back from losing 3 million subs and give people something to do until MoP was released. I will still put in my 6-8 hours a day at least until GW2 comes out but I cant help thinking how much better things might have turned out if this was a sub game.

6-8 hours a day? Get a god damn job Al. And no it would not make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosm View Post
    6-8 hours a day? Get a god damn job Al. And no it would not make a difference.
    Kinda hard to get a job as a radiology tech until I finish the program. Also that 6-8 hours a day might as well be 0 because I get the same amount of decent items logged in farming compared to being in bed asleep.

Well, you can't add subscription on top of single player game. Though Diablo is more like RMAH project than actual game. RMAH >>> subs, more motivation to log into D3. Getting some cash from D3 is ok, paying sub for D3 is not ok. In sub-based D3, people would just pay only for 1 month per expansion, as there is not much to see in there.

Also you might look on D3 from other side. There is already some kind of subscription to the game. To people who started playing from scratch post patch 1.0.3, in order to move anywhere at level 60 - they need to buy gear or gold from RMAH, or do 24/7 gold farm, which isn't really viable and interesting perspective due to GAH prices. Blizzard receives subscription payments in (1 Usd/Euro + 15%) from each RMAH transaction. If you don't want to pay "subscription costs", sure - you can play f2p, but forget about gear in this game.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another sub game? I wouldn't play it I doubt things would change as Blizzard north left / Was kicked out. Nothing much would of changed really

With that being said a adding a sub to a single player game known as Diablo would possibly be one of the most funniest and DERPA things that blizzard could of done but thankfully they got that correct that it doesn't have that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    Like would we have patch 1.0.4 already?
    6-8 month patches on wow. Wouldnt change much.
    Just because youd feed them money thro subs, wouldnt make them wanting to push out patches faster. Might even go the opposite sometimes. Like.. "patch is soon so I wont unsub yet". People are pretty happy to pay sub for months and months, youd be surprised. They get money from sold items, so logically they'd just need to roll out patches for more items :P

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Not without enough content to justify paying for it each month. And right now, there is not enough content for that.
    Putin khuliyo

would NEVER have even considered getting d3 if it was a sub game. It was a letdown as it is. It was great when it was released, but that was due to hype. Once the hype fades you realize the game wasn't what it was made out to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speculations based on facts.
    A sub based D3 would be a total disaster after one month or so.
    Firstly the sells would be far more less and would be already sub 500k subs at the moment, this judging from my friendlist of 52 people at launch that went down to 0 the moment i quit (25 days after launch)

10+ Year Old Account
    Less people would have bought it and less people would have paid subs for it. It depends on the model they use and frankly if the game was different. Like let's assume it's 4 or 5 dollars a month or so JUST TO PAY FOR SERVERS and some faster releases of content and the game didn't feature an RMAH or an AH and was just a 2012 updated version of D2:LoD. Yea I don't see why not.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had D3 had a sub tacked onto it I would say D3 would have been an even bigger flop than it already is.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Had D3 had a sub tacked onto it I would say D3 would have been an even bigger flop than it already is.
    Really saying another game is a flop with a SW:ToR sig?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    Kinda hard to get a job as a radiology tech until I finish the program. Also that 6-8 hours a day might as well be 0 because I get the same amount of decent items logged in farming compared to being in bed asleep.
    Lol sounds kinda like a waste of time then........I think that less people would have bought the game if it was sub base. Can you imagine the uproar of the Diablo community?