Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    TOTALLY NOT
    Banned
    HD 598 or ATH-M50 (spiral cable) ought to fall under that price-range.
    The first has better sound but is open. The second is closed.

I'd say get the DT-990 Pro if you want something open.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Titan
    To add to the original topic, i received the headset today, and must say it's exactly what i hoped it would be. It sounds like the G930 except in bass where it excels (right down to 12hz with the peak being at around 45hz) which allows midrange and hightones to shine through.

It's infinitely more comfortable, though it doesn't block outside noise as well as the Medusa. It still does a pretty good job and when there's music or sound playing, it blocks it completely (the Medusa was literally complete soundproofing even without sound playing). It's more sturdy than any headset i've used in the past and it even looks fantastic. I've yet to try the mic but it's sure to be better than the desk mic and the G930 mic i've used. The G930 was tape quality, while the desk mic i have -- which is branded as "Cosonic", about 4 years old, and only cost £5 -- had too much "air" in what it picked up. I had been using the mic on my Microsoft Lifecam Studio for a while (and i must say that's a truly brilliant mic considering it's in a webcam) but that's obviously not ideal for general voice comms.

My only gripe about it is that it's very difficult to plug the charging cable in while wearing the headset. That's one are the G930 pulls ahead, but that's only a minor gripe and certainly wouldn't take away from the overall rating i'd give the headset.

Most importantly, the V2000 INSTANTLY syncs with the dongle. There's absolutely no messing around. Overall, i simply can't say how pleased i am with the choice.
    [...]

Get in Mumble and I'll tell you how amazing or shitty you sound. :P
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Sennheiser HD598 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    To add to the original topic, i received the headset today, and must say it's exactly what i hoped it would be. It sounds like the G930 except in bass where it excels (right down to 12hz with the peak being at around 45hz) which allows midrange and hightones to shine through.

It's infinitely more comfortable, though it doesn't block outside noise as well as the Medusa. It still does a pretty good job and when there's music or sound playing, it blocks it completely (the Medusa was literally complete soundproofing even without sound playing). It's more sturdy than any headset i've used in the past and it even looks fantastic. I've yet to try the mic but it's sure to be better than the desk mic and the G930 mic i've used. The G930 was tape quality, while the desk mic i have -- which is branded as "Cosonic", about 4 years old, and only cost £5 -- had too much "air" in what it picked up. I had been using the mic on my Microsoft Lifecam Studio for a while (and i must say that's a truly brilliant mic considering it's in a webcam) but that's obviously not ideal for general voice comms.

My only gripe about it is that it's very difficult to plug the charging cable in while wearing the headset. That's one are the G930 pulls ahead, but that's only a minor gripe and certainly wouldn't take away from the overall rating i'd give the headset.

Most importantly, the V2000 INSTANTLY syncs with the dongle. There's absolutely no messing around. Overall, i simply can't say how pleased i am with the choice.
    Rock on brudda!

Edit: WTH? I got infracted for bumping this thread to hear an update? That's kinda lame -.-
    Last edited by Evildeffy; 2012-08-09 at 07:27 AM.

So now you have had them for a minute how is the battery life holding up and how is the construction holding up in general. I ask cause I'm considering a set of the corsair 2000

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    As for the cable, you know there are these cable management things you can run under your desk for them never to be exposed on the floor at all? I'm not saying it should change anything.

Either way, one of the major advantages with HiFi-headphones is that the cable is detachable, so if you ruin it, you can only get a new cable. Or if it's going to get tangled, it just snaps out rather than wrecks the thing.
    I'm not saying this to change your mind, just putting it on the table.

I've never personally tried any of the non-USB and wired Corsair headsets, so I cannot attest to the quality of these. I'll see if I can dig something up.
    I own the 1500 Corsair headset if the quality is anywhere in the same ballpark on the 2000 then I see no reason why anyone would have an issue, the mic is perfect unless windows has your mic volume set to 0, the sound is crisp and clean even tho I do use a 7.1 surround set up rather than the headset I have listened to BF3 and it was pleasant.

Thanks with all the input from here I've decided to order the v 2000 headset.

So, how do you like the Corsair Vengeance 2000 so far? I absolutely love mine. I came from a Sony RF headset that had small amounts of static to the Vengeance 2000 which is absolutely clear. The sound quality is pretty damn amazing in games. Don't really use it for music so I can't comment on that.