Deleted

Total noob requesting help

Hey, I don't know if I'm posting in the correct place but I was wondering could anyone give me any insight into some good (relatively cheap) computers which would be good for recording, playing games such as dayz, wow and diablo. I'm looking for prebuilt computers, I hear that it's cheaper to make your own but I don't posses the knowledge to put everything together and if I'm going to be spending money I don't want to break it trying to assemble it.

TL;DR? Need good comp, cheap, prebuilt.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTheory View Post
    TL;DR? Need good comp, cheap, prebuilt.
    Doesn't exist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Doesn't exist.
    When I say cheap I don't mean dirt cheap just throw at me the cheapest

They've got some setups on the front page for different price ranges. Like <$500 all the way to like >$1000

Deleted
    Are they not different parts of computers that you have to assemble yourself?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    well usually prebuild pc's are performing bad compared to money you have paid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thendx View Post
    well usually prebuild pc's are performing bad compared to money you have paid.
    But isn't it very hard to put all of the pieces together :/

Nah. It's not difficult at all. Like big boy legos haha. Prebuilt pcs tend to be way overpriced. Google around a little bit. There are all kinds of guides and what not to building your own pc

10+ Year Old Account
    Here in Sweden, there is at least one company that will build and test whatever setup you choose, for an added cost of ~$120 (which isn't as much as it sounds, considering Swedish taxes). There is also at least one company that, to a degree, will let you decide what components to put in your pre-built computer, so that you can make sure to get quality stuff;

I don't know in which country you live, TheTheory, but it's not impossible that there is a trustworthy company that will let you customize the specs of your pre-built computer. Also, it doesn't have to be horribly overpriced; I remember calculating what one of Komplett's pre-built would cost if you ordered the same components to build it yourself, and the difference was $30-50, I think.

What country do you live in, TheTheory? I doubt Sweden is the only country to have two companies offering the possibility of quality pre-built without ridiculous pricetags. Maybe one of your compatriots here on MMO-C knows of some neat company with neat offers and, either way, knowing what country you live in is somewhat vital to give you any advice at all, seeing as different companies have different pre-builts.
    Last edited by Cusco; 2012-08-05 at 11:21 PM.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    well it's really easy to build a pc and you can always ask questions for what to buy with your budget... if you know water is bad for mechanical and how to use screwdriver it is easy to see what goes where there is always a manual/guide comes with hardware
    Dont be afraid

Deleted
    Thanks for all the feedback, from the looks of it I'll give it a go hopefully I get a nice new pc out of it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTheory View Post
    But isn't it very hard to put all of the pieces together :/
    I also thought this a few months ago until my brother in law persuaded me to give it a try. It looks and sounds harder than it is, as someone already said, it's like big boy lego!

You also save yourself quite a bit of money by doing it yourself, the feeling of accomplishment I got from doing it was also pretty unique!

If you get confused, there's plenty of easy to follow guides and video's online, the majority of them seem pretty good.

www.hardwareversand.de offers the assembling of parts (building your computer) for 20 euros.

http://www1.hardwareversand.de/artic...d=746&agid=829