660 Ti or Gigabyte 670?

Pretty much what the title states. I'm looking into getting a new card within the next 15 days, and I've got two main contenders on my radar - both from Nvidia.

My options are either:

GeForce GTX 660 Ti - $299
    or..
    GeForce GTX 670 - $420

Which do you think would be the better bet? It's quite a leap in price from the 660 Ti to the 670 - I don't know if it's worth buying the 670 or not. I have the money, but I'm not so sure if I should hold out and hope the 660 Ti is good, or just buy the 670 and get a guaranteed great card for the extra ~120 dollars.

Keep in mind, the price of the 660 Ti is also just speculation, but most sources point towards a ~$299 pricepoint, so that is the one I'm going for in this scenario.

Thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    If the leaked performance of the 660 Ti is accurate, then it really depends on the price. If it sales for only $300, then it would be the better option for sure. But if it goes for $350, then it might not be worth it, compared to the 670.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

As biernot said, it really depends on what the 660ti's retail for and also their availability. From the leaked performance of the 660ti it's about 12% behind the 670 whereas the 670 is about 5% behind the 680.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

EVGA GTX 670 FTW Edition its what im getting and im eventually going SLI. i trust the holy trinity: EVGA, ASUS, and Intel

299 for a 660ti link for reference http://videocardz.com/34116/pny-gefo...ilable-for-299
    You Can't C Me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sick View Post
    The PNY-reference GPUs are terrible. A friend of mine had his GTX580 running at 97*C under load.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    The PNY-reference GPUs are terrible. A friend of mine had his GTX580 running at 97*C under load.
    97*C? I hope he enjoyed his nvidia soup.

I'm getting the 670 soon so I say you go with that

Deleted
    Really also depends on which games you'll be playing and at which resolution. It's likely the 660ti will be able to max most games at 1080p so the question is do you need more performance than that?

Also hard to give you any real advice until we know which cards will be available at launch.

The gigabyte Windforce 670 is an excellent card.

I'm really thorn on getting 660ti or not. I'm ordering my main pc parts this weekend but the 660ti isn't out by then so then I have a setup w/o videocard. Maybe I should just get the bloody 670. Wouldn't know the prices in Belgium anyways. (HD7970 is still more expensive than the 670 here, le sigh)
    Specs: I5 3570K - GTX 670 - 8 gb ram
    My youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/user/aldrashan

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldrashan View Post
    I'm really thorn on getting 660ti or not. I'm ordering my main pc parts this weekend but the 660ti isn't out by then so then I have a setup w/o videocard. Maybe I should just get the bloody 670. Wouldn't know the prices in Belgium anyways. (HD7970 is still more expensive than the 670 here, le sigh)
    If you need the performance of a 670 then buy it.

Why wouldn't the 7970 be more expensive than the 670? It's a better performing card which usually means it cost more.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    I don't know, I used to have a PNY 9800 GT with reference cooler, and it ran in the mid 60s Celsius, sometimes touching 70.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    If you need the performance of a 670 then buy it.

Why wouldn't the 7970 be more expensive than the 670? It's a better performing card which usually means it cost more.
    It's cheaper than the 670 in the netherlands. By about 30 euros. Maybe I should just order from a store over there and deal with the extra delivery costs. Decisions decisions.
    Specs: I5 3570K - GTX 670 - 8 gb ram
    My youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/user/aldrashan

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldrashan View Post
    It's cheaper than the 670 in the netherlands. By about 30 euros. Maybe I should just order from a store over there and deal with the extra delivery costs. Decisions decisions.
    The few websites I've checked (Netherlands) the 670 (non-reference) is the cheaper than the 7970 (non-reference).

Gigabyte Windforce 670 - €394 is a nice deal

I see some nice 7970 deals as well, might be worth considering but then again it depends if you need the performance or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Really also depends on which games you'll be playing and at which resolution. It's likely the 660ti will be able to max most games at 1080p so the question is do you need more performance than that?

Also hard to give you any real advice until we know which cards will be available at launch.

The gigabyte Windforce 670 is an excellent card.
    Well, the main game I'll be playing is GW2(Don't shoot me!), which is why I need the boost in GPU from the 550 Ti. It's just a matter of how much boost I want, I suppose.

I guess it's just a waiting game to see the pricing, then. If it's over $300, I might as well just buy a 670.

Deleted
    Or a 7870 if the main performance needed is for GW2 unless you're playing bigger than 1920x1080 resolution.

Nah, it's 1920x1080

The thing is I'm also trying to future-proof my computer.

To get a good card that will last me a long while.

The 660ti may have an MSRP around 350, so the price may not justify the purchase unless retailers start dipping under $300. I wouldn't pay 350 for a 660ti if the 670 is hovering around $400.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Based on the 670's performance and the expected/leaked performance of the 660 Ti... I'm thinking NVidia is going to have to do something to breath new life into the 680. =/
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water