Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    I am Murloc! Grading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Senkai
    Posts
    5,331
    What the hell? It seems quite odd that people would go out of their ways to ruin the game for you... I just wonder where all these people come from. :-/

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    What the hell? It seems quite odd that people would go out of their ways to ruin the game for you... I just wonder where all these people come from. :-/
    Me too. Had someone else last night do it. Guy called me a noob for the champion i chose to jungle with, keptr doing it throughout the game, and even called me a noob for ganking. Then he started going into the jungle every time his lane cleared to kill everything before I get to it, never went for the mid turret. He was on my team.
    I'm the minister of mistakes. I'm the shaman of sh*tstorms. If there was a f**k-up pope. I'd have a 3 foot hat!

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Me too. Had someone else last night do it. Guy called me a noob for the champion i chose to jungle with, keptr doing it throughout the game, and even called me a noob for ganking. Then he started going into the jungle every time his lane cleared to kill everything before I get to it, never went for the mid turret. He was on my team.
    Aside from the verbal abuse you don't really have to fight over jungle ... if he can take it without losing cs in lane, just go laning or counter jungle. It's normal that mid take wraight camp, top/bot take golems and eventually red, mid can even take wolves if he needs the farm. Bottom line is the jungle is there to be farmed ... it does not really matter who farms it except for the buffs distribution.

    My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

  4. #24
    He was going out of his way to clear out the jungle, all of it, not just to get a buff.
    I'm the minister of mistakes. I'm the shaman of sh*tstorms. If there was a f**k-up pope. I'd have a 3 foot hat!

  5. #25
    Then keep his lane pushed.

    My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

  6. #26
    I did. Ended the game 12/3/18 him 9/8/13. I got double kill and first blood 5 minutes into the game. I tried to let top lane get the kill but he died during the fight. The one who kept counter jungling me on my team kept calling me a noob throughout the game. Especially after I saved his ass from one fight.
    I'm the minister of mistakes. I'm the shaman of sh*tstorms. If there was a f**k-up pope. I'd have a 3 foot hat!

  7. #27
    Then wp Just put him on ignore and move on.

    My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

  8. #28
    wp? well played?


    I did, but this stuff just gets to me. Just because he didn't think the champion I chose can jungle, he decides to screw me, and the team over.
    I'm the minister of mistakes. I'm the shaman of sh*tstorms. If there was a f**k-up pope. I'd have a 3 foot hat!

  9. #29
    Jungling is a crucial element of League, in 5v5 is allows you to have a solo top lane who gets full CS advantage and solo XP bonus. It allows you to pressure the other lanes to disrupt your enemy, and it allows you to control the map buffs. Jungler is a more important role than any other

  10. #30
    My rule for wraiths to mid is:

    1. Your lane must be pushed when you want to take them.
    2. Atleast try to steal the enemies first if possible.

    Just annoys me when they come to take wraiths when the enemies wraiths are easily doable.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    Just annoys me when they come to take wraiths when the enemies wraiths are easily doable.
    But if they are easily doable you can do them yourself. On another note amumu jungle so easy to win games with ... do try it.

    My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    ive had matches that were won due to a well played jungler. playing with a jungler who knows how to properly jungle, give blue/red buffs off to proper champions, gank smart and counter jungle are in my opinion quite important.

    but thats just my opinion
    I think this could be said about any role in a game. I've had games won by incredible supports, AP's, AD's, top laners that steamrolled the other team, and junglers. But yes, junglers are still very important and a good one can turn the tide of a game.

  13. #33
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    155
    Jungling is just as important as having an AP mid and AD carry bot.

    They can really change the game for your team if well played.
    But you do know, that you are not supposed to take the kills you get in lane right? You should make sure that the people playing in the lane gets them.

    For example, the AD carry bot should get it if possible, or the AP mid. Because it will give them a bigger advantage to whom they are against and will therefore have an easier time winning the lane.

    This is really important for the top lane as well, as many top champions can really snowball that lane giving an early kill and especially first blood. Whenever I get first blood as Riven top lane, it is usually GG, because I can effectively keep my opponent from farming at all and if they try I can 90% of the time snack another kill or at least send them back to base, rendering them even farther behind.

    But really man, keep on jungling as there are not that many "pro" junglers out there, at least I always get crappy ones in my solo queues. Whenever we get a good one, our game is won by their influence. Keep practicing.

  14. #34
    jungler is abundant

    well coordinated premade duo top effectively erase enemy top and jungler from game; played a few games as irelia+lux/riven+lux against yorick/riven/olaf/irelia... I just camp in bush and AA enemy champ and if he dared to move closer to creeps then snare+2x slow/snare+stun+slow resulted to his death; enemy jungler had to babysit top, but without significant result, because I warded top whole time

    unfortunately 99% players are too obsessed by meta set in stone to accept duo top so they rather choose to dodge queue

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by asmodei View Post
    jungler is abundant

    well coordinated premade duo top effectively erase enemy top and jungler from game; played a few games as irelia+lux/riven+lux against yorick/riven/olaf/irelia... I just camp in bush and AA enemy champ and if he dared to move closer to creeps then snare+2x slow/snare+stun+slow resulted to his death; enemy jungler had to babysit top, but without significant result, because I warded top whole time

    unfortunately 99% players are too obsessed by meta set in stone to accept duo top so they rather choose to dodge queue
    Solo top lets the line push to his tower making your bush camping 100% useless all the while the jungler clears both jungles making him 2+ levels above solo lanes with most gold farmed in game ... with that his ganks become overwhelming. 2v1 top without jungler ... no thanks.

    My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

  16. #36

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Solo top lets the line push to his tower making your bush camping 100% useless all the while the jungler clears both jungles making him 2+ levels above solo lanes with most gold farmed in game ... with that his ganks become overwhelming. 2v1 top without jungler ... no thanks.
    It is a disadvantage yes, but you CAN execute it. Run a kill lane top with an aggressive support (for example Leona + anything either with high dps or a stun or a ranged) and even if you meet irelia she won't be able to farm at all. You can have it warded all the time etc etc.
    Now if the enemy jungler decides to just farm both jungles, his solo top is screwed. You can have a tower down top before level 6 where they could get an advantage and then push/gank other lanes. If he decides to gank, then it's a 2vs2, a lot safer for the usual top mantra 'ward or die".

    Having a support top means you don't lose gold from not having a jungler, you just lose exp. Also, if you duo top, do it with a person you know. Take/ward your blue/red to have a surprise gank on their enemy jungler who thinks he can take it freely, and voila, you didn't lose your buffs.
    It needs coordination = duo queuing required
    Even if you execute it perfectly, the odds aren't in your favor. You MUST push for early game dominance so their jungler can't f*ck up your bot (i take for granted that your mid ain't a idiot and doesn't push).

    Plus I don't think it works for high elo.... It's more difficult in ranked because if the enemy realizes you are gonna do it, they can counter you hard. But blind pick with a duo queue? Oh yes, you can pull it off with a good win ratio.
    I just hope that more champions get released who can pull this off. I like deviating from the meta :P

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by JoErVoL View Post
    It is a disadvantage yes, but you CAN execute it. Run a kill lane top with an aggressive support (for example Leona + anything either with high dps or a stun or a ranged) and even if you meet irelia she won't be able to farm at all. You can have it warded all the time etc etc.
    Now if the enemy jungler decides to just farm both jungles, his solo top is screwed. You can have a tower down top before level 6 where they could get an advantage and then push/gank other lanes. If he decides to gank, then it's a 2vs2, a lot safer for the usual top mantra 'ward or die".

    Having a support top means you don't lose gold from not having a jungler, you just lose exp. Also, if you duo top, do it with a person you know. Take/ward your blue/red to have a surprise gank on their enemy jungler who thinks he can take it freely, and voila, you didn't lose your buffs.
    It needs coordination = duo queuing required
    Even if you execute it perfectly, the odds aren't in your favor. You MUST push for early game dominance so their jungler can't f*ck up your bot (i take for granted that your mid ain't a idiot and doesn't push).

    Plus I don't think it works for high elo.... It's more difficult in ranked because if the enemy realizes you are gonna do it, they can counter you hard. But blind pick with a duo queue? Oh yes, you can pull it off with a good win ratio.
    I just hope that more champions get released who can pull this off. I like deviating from the meta :P
    Still you trade dominance in one lane for jungle farm, dominance in other two lanes, suffer xp loss in the process and have one lane constantly pushed ready to be ganked. Not to mention you are quite displaced for dragon kills. In blind pick you can do a lot of stuff and I am not saying that it's useless strategy, but if you want to use such strategy there is still no reason to leave jungle be. Lets say you take Lulu support top for long range poke/lane pushing and early tower kill ... I would still take smite on her as 2nd spell. At lvl 1 top or bot would get red, mid would get blue. We would take wolves, wraights, maybe even gollems if time allowed. And every time smite was up I would wander to jungle to get something extra.

    And what would that make me ? A jungler that is awfully lot top which is something even normal junglers often do.

    My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

  19. #39
    Elemental Lord Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    8,008
    I see that team and think:

    2 supports. That's 0 damage output. Survive to late game and they can't even kill turrets as they can't hope to take you down underneath one.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Solo top lets the line push to his tower making your bush camping 100% useless all the while the jungler clears both jungles making him 2+ levels above solo lanes with most gold farmed in game ... with that his ganks become overwhelming. 2v1 top without jungler ... no thanks.
    did u ever heard about lane locking? u think i let u red/blue buff? 1st blue buff is going to mid and 1st red is going to top, forget about stealing my jungle at least in early game

    my best partial result was irelia: lvl 5, 6 creeps killed and 0/2/0 score vs riven and lux both lvl 7/lvl 7, 50+/2 creeps killed and 4/0/0//0/0/4 score (with 2 unsucessfull ganks from mundo)

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-13 at 12:00 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by JoErVoL View Post
    Even if you execute it perfectly, the odds aren't in your favor. You MUST push for early game dominance so their jungler can't f*ck up your bot (i take for granted that your mid ain't a idiot and doesn't push).
    this is crucial - win in early/mid game; late game = lost game


    Quote Originally Posted by JoErVoL View Post
    Plus I don't think it works for high elo.... It's more difficult in ranked because if the enemy realizes you are gonna do it, they can counter you hard. But blind pick with a duo queue? Oh yes, you can pull it off with a good win ratio.
    no they cant

    I artifically keep my elo at least 50-100 points lower than my duo partner = he is usually 1st/2nd pick and I am last pick

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •