Elemental Blast Vs Primal Elementals

I was in beta today and talked to a elemental shaman about talents and what not and she informed me that Primal Elementals are the go to talent for that tier. This confused me in that I thought blizzard made it so any choice at any tier would be viable and also because the math for it didn't add up * 12 sec CD with a stat boost that always benefited me vs 1 min of super powered elemental and infuse buff with a 5 min CD* would like a second opinion on the matter if anyone wouldn't mind doing a little theorycrafting with me : /

I won't be taking a temp pet as my "ultimate" talent...even if it is the best. I think mathematically isn't the Unleash Elements the best one? Cuz I know the Elemental Blast is crap cuz it could boost your crit which is poop.

Currently PE is beating out the other two talents, however we are using a PE centric gearset in Simcraft to obtain this result. I'm currently working on producing some different gearsets to see if that makes a difference, although with no fully working Mists profile system, it's a mission to build each new gearset.

I took Elemental Blast personally for the insane burst damage 100k+ with *crits and echo procs* and the stat boost personally isn't anything I couldn't benefit from in some shape or form I do wish I got more mastery procs though...

---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 03:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    Currently PE is beating out the other two talents, however we are using a PE centric gearset in Simcraft to obtain this result. I'm currently working on producing some different gearsets to see if that makes a difference, although with no fully working Mists profile system, it's a mission to build each new gearset.
    That's troubling to hear but if that's the case I'm afraid I may have to switch until they buff EB or UF in order to make them more viable or if they nerf PE which as a shaman fan I hope they don't as much as I don't like relying on a 5 min CD for damage. P.S do you ever use the infuse spell on the elemental in order to buff your damage? or do you just let it do its own thing?

Well, the truth is that its unlikely that all these will ever be balanced. Personally, I'm hoping for PE or UF, I just don't want anymore keybinds on my Shaman.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Well, the truth is that its unlikely that all these will ever be balanced. Personally, I'm hoping for PE or UF, I just don't want anymore keybinds on my Shaman.
    Yeah, 32 abilities on my bars yet it's not enough for all spells that elemental have.