(mop beta)how do you think about dps shaman's pvp?

at these patch in mop beta,i found dps shaman still be killed esaily and at the same time, we have a damn low dps……
    lighting bolt 10k……LvB 20K……
    …………………………
    …………
    and what can i say?

or am i not a good shaman player?
    Last edited by roger_66; 2012-08-06 at 04:00 PM.

Deleted
    Elemental and Enhancement shamans do not lack dps in pvp. They are actually on of the best when comes to burst.
    What they do lack is survivability..

Imo enha is pretty dogshit but the overall dmg is decent. I think the main problems are in survivability. And there are my ideas (inb4 mops inc):

- give us big offensive cd
    - dogs are only used to get sprint and stun
    - shamanistic rage is fine mby buff the dmg reduce to 40%
    - searing totem is a joke
    - more maelstorm procs so we'll get more healing or remove toughness from talents and make it passive enha skill
    Last edited by sonikmlg; 2012-08-06 at 01:08 PM.
    shamdruid
    og vanilla player

Deleted
    Searing totem puts up to 5 stacks of dot on enemy that increases lava lash dmg by alot

shaman dps is quite fine, sure it's not the high dps dot cleave crap as fire mage or boomkin, we do have a lot of burst when different casts land at the same moment.

It's just the survivability, semi long and short cd's that can be outplayed so easily by many classes when they know how shaman works. And most of the time, you already start behind due to stuns and silences which we have to eat all day and actually don't have. Timed shearing and grounding can make a lot of difference, but for grounding you really need to be a bit psychic about what your opponent will use. Grounding hoj'es, deep freezes, combustions, soul swaps, 50k legendary mind blasts is really satisfying but not always easy. Very often you just ground something stupid and 1 sec later get hit by thing you wanted to ground.

Quote Originally Posted by zopa34 View Post
    Searing totem puts up to 5 stacks of dot on enemy that increases lava lash dmg by alot
    I guess you are referring to my post. The problem is that it's dotting enemy and sometimes wrong target, sometimes it gets kited, sometimes los and so on. Solution would be that it would give us stacking buff which increases lava lash dmg.
    shamdruid
    og vanilla player

on live? its ok, nothing too special, no controlled burst, no stun long enough to create pressure for ur enemy to blow CDs. the stun can be clutch though if u use it right but its no kidney or HOJ.

On beta? i made all classes at 85 when i first started and the enhance dmg was pathetic. dont know how it is at 90 though because 85 means nothing. although i can tell u i saw a 90 ret duel a 90 lock, and the ret destroyed him. shortly after an enhance dueled the lock and didnt get him below 96% and got shit on, if that means anything. enhance could have sucked. even when he popped ascendance he still didnt even put a dent in him, it was quite depressing.

EDIT: sorry i just wrote about enhance for some reason i thought it was about enhance only. well ele is fine on beta and needs some work on live, there u go! lol
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."