Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    Well Bastila herself kinda appears in the game.
    A Noetikon that looks nothing like her only makes me a sad panda.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakaya_Kilrogg View Post
    It's boring, cliche', and run-of-the-mill now, sure. But at the time? As a teen, when the game came out in '97? I think that shit was pretty groundbreaking.
    Keypoints: "You think". You're allowed to think something, and so am I. When I played it back in the ps1 ages ago, I liked the game, but aeries was as plain then as it is now. SHE HAS NO CHARISMA. NO CHARACTER. She's plain, void, dull. The only big shining moment in her (admittedly brief) game presence was DYING. If you think that romantic interests dying is groundbreaking, I'd be happy to suggest a few dozen movies, books and games that present the same plot twist way before FF7.

Admittedly, I don't know everyone in the world. Hell, I don't even know 1% of all the people in the world. However, most everyone that I do know, or have ever talked to about gaming, all felt something with Aeris' death (as much as you can feel about a video game character's death).
    Correct. Her death. Everyone felt something about her death. Did anyone feel anything about her LIFE? Her character? Her personality? Her presence? No.

You can discount the Final Fantasy series (or just 7, whichever) if it's not your thing.
    So, because I disagree, you assume it's not my thing. Great. I love these arguments. Logic, do you know what it is ? You don't know whether or not I liked the game. Yet, you assume it's not my thing. Great. Congratulations. Makes perfect sense.

However, FF7 has sold over 10 million copies since it was released. It's the biggest selling game of the series.
    Two facts that certainly PROVE that aeris had a good background, story or a rich character. Oh wait, no, they are TOTALLY UNRELATED!!!

But for most of the people that played the game and liked it, Aeris dying was a pretty big deal (I site that with the scene constantly being mentioned when emotional video games are brought up).
    Again, yes, her DEATH.

You're proving me right with your own words, and I thank you for that, but please, if you do so, at least do it consciously, ok?

Anyway, as to the matter at hand, I don't think kotor had the most interesting romancing. In fact, if you enjoy bioware, how about baldur's gate 2+expansion?

In a way, I guess it all depends on what type of issues draw your attention and what personalities you enjoy the most/identify with in a game.

I have to admit, vette and my light side sith warrior do make a lovely couple

SCREW THE EMPEROR!! :P