Crazy stuff that happens in Raid Finder

Alrighty, so I know people will see this and go "AMG another person bitching about Raid Finder." but this is not the case! Oh no! I'm talking about the unexpected that happens in Raid Finder that will leave a lasting impression on you. I'm hoping to hear some truly LOL moments from you guys (and not any "lol I wiped the group and I was laughing my ass off" type of things. I'll start off:

Last night I was farming Scholo on my lock, trying to get Alanna's Embrace (epic robes from Frostwhisper) to drop. I decided, "Hey, I haven't done LFR in a while on her, I'll go ahead and queue up." I did, got in. Well I could tell it was going to be one of those runs when not everyone was in and the tank was already pulling mobs. So with an alllllll righty then, I just started dpsing. We had people pulling the mobs from the side as well. I think the intention was to start wiping people, I dunno what was going on but whatever. Anyways, we kill the first boss, no big deal. Get inside the second boss. Someone pulls him while fighting tentacles. Ok then! Wipe (obviously). People start acting right, all the while some people are raging hard an we do it right. Third boss comes up. Someone decides to pull at least 3 packs of the slimes. Wipe. Some people rage and quit, while it looks like the ones from the same server were the ones causing all the "problems". Well we kill the boss and then go for Hagara. I see the "someone wants to summon you to Eye of Eternity, do you accept?" Now common sense should have told me to not accept it, cause it was too fast for us to zone into Hagara's chamber, but it being about 2 am, I clicked on it...and there I was. BAM! Face to face with Malygos along with about 9 other people. Now I haven't done Malygos since early 2010, so this was something I had to remember in a flash. We ended up killing him and 3 achievements pop (no mount ). We then go to kill Hagara and finish the first half of LFR.

I know a bit long winded, but in the end, something that was supposed to be a huge fail on the part of a few jerks, ended up being probably one of the best times I've had in LFR. It was unexpected AND fun! (The wiping, not so much, but I'm glad I stuck it out anyway!)

Any of you have stories to share like this?

Also if this isn't the proper place for it, a mod would kindly move the thread to the correct spot?

Hopefully this doesn't go downhill.. well, too fast too far. :P

Deleted
    Yes! I joined as tank after a short break, I'd ran the instance a few times but only once before in raidfinder [which went rather bad], so I runs in right, pull Ultraxion and after like one minute someone shouts IDIOT! and I'm just thinking that it must just be siesta time in Spain and the Mediterranean geeks are hammered, but no I accidentally bubbled and killed quite a few people. Time to drop group and live with the shame.

I queued up with 6 guildies all as healer and we had a resto shaman and holy paladin 2healing while the other 4 went as DPS specs. It was fun.

While fighting Ultraxion in raid finder someone wouldn't shut up about how bad one of the dpsers was. Well turns out it was the main tanks friend and he got so mad he said "f you" and jumped off the side to wipe us. :P

Well i was in LFR last night on MOP and having tested all the 10mans hc and normal i know the abilities and timers quite well without needing bossmods. 1st boss was faceroll but 2nd was a nightmare and required the use of HC tactics to kill it which surprised me. Of course you play it nice and take the lead role and explain the boss and its abilities to every body and ask nicely for lust at p2 2nd fire and shields on 1, 4, and 7th epicentres as well as the first draw fire. The response i got shocked me, for simply explaining the boss i got a torrent of abuse calling me an elitist and a multitude of profanities. You keep quiet, they pull and of course you wipe as not one person reacts to any of the mechanics and i'm left in FD at the end thinking " i told you so". An hour later Feng was dead with me, 2 monk dps, 1 healer and 1 tank surviving to kill it. The only people understanding the fight.

I have to applaud them for their patience those who stayed to finally kill it but it's just sad how people react to the idea that LFR might not be as faceroll as they want.
    Last edited by Levix; 2012-08-07 at 07:28 PM.