Thread: Weight Loss

Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    High Overlord Landfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    160

    Weight Loss

    Hey,

    Basically im looking to loose some weight.
    I'm 10 stone, around 5'"9.

    Im fairly thin around the abdoman with a size 30 waist however my upper chest has some exess fat. Man boobs.
    I'm not looking to loose any major amounts of weight, i just really want to shift the moobs.
    I have a fairly active life style. I work on my feet all day and im doing genrally active things and i usualy work 10-11 hours daily, so going to the gym isnt exactly a great thing for me due to time.

    So i wondered if it was possible to shift some of this weight through low calorie eating?

  2. #2
    Elemental Lord Kalis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Malta. Only here for the weather and those date pastry things that they have.
    Posts
    8,684
    Quote Originally Posted by Landfall View Post
    Hey,

    Basically im looking to loose some weight.
    I'm 10 stone, around 5'"9.

    Im fairly thin around the abdoman with a size 30 waist however my upper chest has some exess fat. Man boobs.
    I'm not looking to loose any major amounts of weight, i just really want to shift the moobs.
    I have a fairly active life style. I work on my feet all day and im doing genrally active things and i usualy work 10-11 hours daily, so going to the gym isnt exactly a great thing for me due to time.

    So i wondered if it was possible to shift some of this weight through low calorie eating?
    5'9", 10 stone with a 30" waist and you want to lose weight?

    Do some press ups....and eat.

  3. #3
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    379
    You want to loose weight?

    I say keep the meat you have on your bones...

    Elysia's epic sig skillz

  4. #4
    High Overlord Landfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    160
    Its not so much the loose weight thing, i want to loose it off my upper chest

  5. #5
    You cant spot reduce fat.
    You have to be in a caloric deficit to lose any fat at all, and your genetics determine where its lost first.

  6. #6
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    You cant spot reduce fat.
    You have to be in a caloric deficit to lose any fat at all, and your genetics determine where its lost first.
    You can if you specifically target the muscle groups under the area, like...

    Quote Originally Posted by Landfall View Post
    i want to loose it off my upper chest
    Build it up a bit, do some chest flies and bench presses and push ups and stuff. If you grow your pecs the fat there will go away...at least for the most part. Men have a layer of fat there for protection, the kind you can't get rid of without like...foregoing proper nourishment. Plus you have some extra skin there for when those muscle are engaged, kinda like elbow skin I guess.
    Last edited by Flyingmoney; 2012-08-06 at 08:13 PM.

    Elysia's epic sig skillz

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingmoney View Post
    You can if you specifically target the muscle groups under the area, like...



    Build it up a bit, do some chest flies and bench presses and push ups and stuff. If you grow your pecs the fat there will go away...at least for the most part. Men have a layer of fat there for protection, the kind you can't get rid of without like...foregoing proper nourishment. Plus you have some extra skin there for when those muscle are engaged, kinda like elbow skin I guess.

    You cannot spot reduce.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingmoney View Post
    You can if you specifically target the muscle groups under the area, like...

    Build it up a bit, do some chest flies and bench presses and push ups and stuff. If you grow your pecs the fat there will go away...at least for the most part. Men have a layer of fat there for protection, the kind you can't get rid of without like...foregoing proper nourishment.
    No, you can't aim to specifically reduce fat at certain body areas. If you train your chest to reduce body fat at that area, what happens is you get more muscle compared to the amount of fat, but it will still be the same amount covering the area. Besides building muscle takes much longer time than burning fat so results will not come any way fast.

    If you feel you have too much fat, the only thing you can do is to be in a calorie deficit. However to support the idea above, chances are that you would see good results pretty fast by doing some chest workout. If you haven't trained the muscles in long time, if ever, they get sloppy, working them out a week or two should yield some positive results in any case.

  9. #9
    Elemental Lord Kalis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Malta. Only here for the weather and those date pastry things that they have.
    Posts
    8,684
    Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    You cannot spot reduce.
    You can build up the muscle in that specific area, which would give the appearance of reducing fat.

  10. #10
    High Overlord Landfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    160
    So caloire deficit + Pushups should work out?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Landfall View Post
    So caloire deficit + Pushups should work out?
    If i understand the problem correctly, yes. You won't build any significant muscle by doing pushups in a calorie deficit, but it will activate your muscles and tighten them up which should give help the appearance.

  12. #12
    Elemental Lord Kalis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Malta. Only here for the weather and those date pastry things that they have.
    Posts
    8,684
    Quote Originally Posted by Landfall View Post
    So caloire deficit + Pushups should work out?
    DON'T EAT LESS. - eat healthily, but you only weigh 10st, which for your height is pretty low.

    Try different types of push ups to exercise different parts of your chest muscles- some where your hands are shoulder width apart, and others where they are close together.

  13. #13
    But in my opinion you should bulk.

  14. #14
    High Overlord Landfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    160
    Well pretty much what i eat at the moment is:

    No breakfast
    2 apples and a bottle of water for lunch
    general family dinner
    an icecream
    then a couple of beers

    So if i cut out the icecream and not have as much dinner then i'll be at a pretty decent deficit

  15. #15
    if anything you need to eat more. Get in the gym and do some upper body workout. pushups alone wont make manboobs look lesser as they dont work all the muscle groups in the area (generally because ppl dont do them properly)

  16. #16
    Eat up, don't reduce. Work heavy on your chest, shoulders, abs and arms. Granted you don't have much time but a workout like this takes 30 mins every 2 days... surely you've got 15 mins a day if this is bothering you much ?
    Last edited by chosenkiwi; 2012-08-06 at 08:42 PM.

  17. #17
    High Overlord Landfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    if anything you need to eat more. Get in the gym and do some upper body workout. pushups alone wont make manboobs look lesser as they dont work all the muscle groups in the area (generally because ppl dont do them properly)
    As i said in the OP, i dont really have time for the gym

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Landfall View Post
    Well pretty much what i eat at the moment is:

    No breakfast
    2 apples and a bottle of water for lunch
    general family dinner
    an icecream
    then a couple of beers

    So if i cut out the icecream and not have as much dinner then i'll be at a pretty decent deficit
    no

    it all depends what your eating
    you have to make sure you get proper nutrition. Also your lack of breakfast probably isnt helping your man boob issue. Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 09:41 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Landfall View Post
    As i said in the OP, i dont really have time for the gym
    in that case. pull up bar + dumbell set and 1hr per day in your own home will do the trick for you if you do the right excersises

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Landfall View Post
    As i said in the OP, i dont really have time for the gym
    Then get P90x or something. If you dont have time for that, make time.
    Wake up an hour earlier or something.
    Everyone can make time for working out. And if you say you got no time, maybe its time to quit MMO's?
    Ice cream and Beer? Good luck losing the fat while eating / drinking that.

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 08:42 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    no

    it all depends what your eating
    you have to make sure you get proper nutrition. Also your lack of breakfast probably isnt helping your man boob issue. Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 09:41 PM ----------



    in that case. pull up bar + dumbell set and 1hr per day in your own home will do the trick for you if you do the right excersises
    Breakfast isnt important.
    Continue with no breakfast.

    Intermittent fasting ftw!

  20. #20
    People suggesting that he undergo a calorie deficit CANNOT be serious! Seriously...

    Eating healthy & doing some exercise is all that you need!
    Last edited by ~Valen~; 2012-08-20 at 07:41 PM.
    Beauty > Personality

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •