Thread: Weight Loss

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    Breakfast isnt important.
    Continue with no breakfast.

Intermittent fasting ftw!
    Doesn't your body store more fat unless you eat at regular intervals, or is that some bs my gf told me?

Quote Originally Posted by Landfall View Post
    Well pretty much what i eat at the moment is:

No breakfast
    2 apples and a bottle of water for lunch
    general family dinner
    an icecream
    then a couple of beers

So if i cut out the icecream and not have as much dinner then i'll be at a pretty decent deficit
    That sounds super unhealthy. You know, eating less doesn't make you healthier, and with that diet you'll probably punish your muscle mass before your get to your fat deposits. Get your hands on a GDA list and see if you fill the criteria, because you srsly lack protiens, unless you eat a horse at dinner.
    Last edited by pucGG; 2012-08-06 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Doesn't your body store more fat unless you eat at regular intervals, or is that some bs my gf told me?
    That's a trend about the metabolism actually which is not true! Eating 5 meals a day is ideal for your hunger, not your metabolism!
    Either go with 5-6 SMALL meals or 3 bigger ones!

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Harzaka;17868238]Then get P90x or something. If you dont have time for that, make time.
    Wake up an hour earlier or something.
    Everyone can make time for working out. And if you say you got no time, maybe its time to quit MMO's?
    Ice cream and Beer? Good luck losing the fat while eating / drinking that.[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 08:42 PM ----------

I'm willing to get up an hour earlier to start running, but once i finnish work around 6 in the evening honestly...going to the gym is out of the question.

As i said, i'm willing to cut out the icecream, but the beer helps me unwind + sleep and helps me be less of a lightweight when i go out.

I'd rather eat less in the day than cut out beer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey,

Basically im looking to loose some weight.
    I'm 10 stone, around 5'"9.

Im fairly thin around the abdoman with a size 30 waist however my upper chest has some exess fat. Man boobs.
    I'm not looking to loose any major amounts of weight, i just really want to shift the moobs.
    I have a fairly active life style. I work on my feet all day and im doing genrally active things and i usualy work 10-11 hours daily, so going to the gym isnt exactly a great thing for me due to time.

So i wondered if it was possible to shift some of this weight through low calorie eating?
    how the hell do you have a 30'' waist with man boobs, and only weigh 140Ibs?!

ok... let me grab my jaw, because it kind of hit the floor on that one.

You should do: bench press, push ups, some curls, and some lifts. Because you already have your lower body covered with daily life. Bad news is, you're like an olympic jumper... chicken wings for arms, but thighs that could cut glass.
    Last edited by Paladin885; 2012-08-06 at 08:54 PM.

Then get P90x or something. If you dont have time for that, make time.
    Everyone can make time for working out. And if you say you got no time, maybe its time to quit MMO's?
    Ice cream and Beer? Good luck losing the fat while eating / drinking that.[COLOR="red"]

I'm willing to get up an hour earlier to start running, but once i finnish work around 6 in the evening honestly...going to the gym is out of the question.

As i said, i'm willing to cut out the icecream, but the beer helps me unwind + sleep and helps me be less of a lightweight when i go out.

It's not about what you'd rather do... it's about what you should! Beer is a no-no for what you ask! Once a week maybe fine, but 2-3 or whatever you said every day, no!
    Last edited by ~Valen~; 2012-08-20 at 07:40 PM.

Deleted
    Well, I'm a woman but I guess it doesn't matter (although if you want to keep muscles, it might).

Just keep a calorie diary. Don't eat more and you will lose weight even if you sit on your behind all day.

@the OP: At your weight, it would be detrimental to try to cut calories. Sure, you would lose some fat, but your physique wouldn't look that much better when you were all done. You would be much better off building some muscle. Increasing the size of your muscles will actually make it appear as if you lost some fat. Bigger muscles = more surface area for your subcutaneous fat (fat directly beneath your skin) to cover = you look leaner/more muscular. Reducing bodyfat will also help your aesthetic appearance by revealing your muscles, but if you don't have much muscle to reveal, losing fat isn't going to do a whole lot. Take up strength training. Learn to bench and squat. Once you've built some muscle, then worry about reducing bodyfat. I know you said you don't have much time for the gym, but it only takes a few workout sessions a week. If you can't do that, then there's really not much hope.

Here's what to do:
    1) Read this website: http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wi..._Strength_Wiki
    2) Search YouTube for "Mark Rippetoe," and learn everything he has to teach you.
    3) Start working out and eat sufficient calories.
    4) Read this web site to learn how to diet and/or fine tune your physique goals: http://www.leangains.com
    5) Win.

Hope that helps.

(For what it's worth, I'm a Nutritional Scientist and a personal trainer, and I've been working out / doing shit like this since ~16-17 years old. Although being a personal trainer doesn't always mean much, my degree is worth a hell of a lot more, and my personal experiences are quite valuable, too.)

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Well, I'm a woman but I guess it doesn't matter (although if you want to keep muscles, it might).

Just keep a calorie diary. Don't eat more and you will lose weight even if you sit on your behind all day.
    Keeping a calorie diary is a great thing if you eat regular food, but if you drink 3 beers a day, and still eat based on calorie intake, you'll lose your teeth from malnutrition before you know...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    That sounds super unhealthy. You know, eating less doesn't make you healthier, and with that diet you'll probably punish your muscle mass before your get to your fat deposits. Get your hands on a GDA list and see if you fill the criteria, because you srsly lack protiens, unless you eat a horse at dinner.

Can you pls upload a picture of yourself with your face blurred or something? Because you are 5 cm lower than I am and you weigh 40 pounds less. I am about 1-2 pound from my goal, which is six pack abs. I'd love to see what you goal is before giving advice that you might not need.
    http://imgur.com/n8NiP
    http://imgur.com/u99kV

Not sure if you can see too much from them, but they're 'cone nips' As i was nicknamed in school
    I lost 3 stone in around 6 months but these never went, i hit the gym, ate healthy...nothing...absolutly nothing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post

He's 175cm tall and weighs 63kg, with a 75cm waist.

http://imgur.com/n8NiP
    http://imgur.com/u99kV

Not sure if you can see too much from them, but they're 'cone nips' As i was nicknamed in school
    I lost 3 stone in around 6 months but these never went, i hit the gym, ate healthy...nothing...absolutly nothing
    Don't try to lose weight, you'll look like an Auschwitz survivor. Clean up your shitty diet (seriously, you have only one "proper" meal in there assuming your parents produce something healthy) and work out (lift weights, leave cardio as an afterthought).

Deleted
    Sounds like you're roughly the same as me.I'm 5ft 8" and 142 pounds but around a 32" waist.Most of my fat is stored in my lower belly and love handles though.My weight loss has plateaued since reaching 140 pounds but the belly and love handles are still there..... Not sure how I'm going to lose them

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Landfall;17868312]
    Then get P90x or something. If you dont have time for that, make time.

If you dont listen to use and decide to go into a calorie deficit anyway
    You have to realise that your body has prios
    Your body burns Alcohol primarily then carbs then fat and lastly muscle.
    Beer wont help you at all, and to build muscle you have to get alot of Protein, and i highly doubt you even get half of what you need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laddips View Post
    Sounds like you're roughly the same as me.I'm 5ft 8" and 142 pounds but around a 32" waist.Most of my fat is stored in my lower belly and love handles though.My weight loss has plateaued since reaching 140 pounds but the belly and love handles are still there..... Not sure how I'm going to lose them
    I believe the medical term for your condition is 'beerus bellius'.

What do you guys think about running on an empty stomach for weight loss? I hear people saying that since you have nothing in your stomach your body goes right for the fat for energy. But others tell me it's bad for you and your body instead uses your muscles. Anyone have a clue on this? (backing up what you say with research links would be awesome)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I believe the medical term for your condition is 'beerus bellius'.
    But I rarely drink beer ;(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skullduggery View Post
    What do you guys think about running on an empty stomach for weight loss? I hear people saying that since you have nothing in your stomach your body goes right for the fat for energy. But others tell me it's bad for you and your body instead uses your muscles. Anyone have a clue on this? (backing up what you say with research links would be awesome)
    It doesnt burn your muscle. Ive been working out fasted every morning, and waiting 3 hours post workout to eat a meal, and im making all kinds of gains!
    Intermittent fasting is amazing

10+ Year Old Account
    No, no, no, no, no, no, no. Here is what you need to do: Get your diet sorted. Eat like a human, not like a pigeon living in a busy city street.

Eat four meals a day (or five if you feel you're getting too hungry between meals when eating four)
    1. A decent breakfast. Proteins, they keep you full for a decent amount of time. 50% porridge 50% cottage cheese with a tiny bit of jam and some low-sugar cereal on top, for example.
    2. Lunch. Don't be afraid to get some fat. Healthy fats are just that; healthy. A slice of brown bread with some type of high protein ham, a handful of nuts (walnuts = good choice), maybe a light low-sugar yogurt.
    3. (from my understanding, you get home around 18:00. This means you should delay dinner until around 20:00, and instead eat something at work around 16:00.) This 16:00-meal needs to keep you going until dinner. Perhaps a low-fat type of quark with some cereal and a fruit (An apple is a decent choice, contains a fair amount of fiber.
    4. Dinner. Your plate should consist of a fair amount of meat/fish/whatever the main part of the dish, a good amount of vegetables, and less sauce/pasta/other accessory.

Workout routine. You don't have time to go to the gym? Fine, find yourself a quick and easy workout to do in the morning before breakfast. It'll get you a decent morning routine: Get up -> Workout -> Eat -> Shower/brush teeth etc -> Go to work.

Do the following (requires a pull-up bar http://www.amazon.com/Bars-Strength-...8&node=3408471 ) :
    1. Push-ups - It's obvious
    2. Plank - http://exercise.about.com/od/abs/ss/abexercises_10.htm)
    3. Squats - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squat_(exercise)
    4. Pull-ups - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pull-up_(exercise)
    All these exercises until exhaustion twice, aka 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4.

Will you become an athlete doing this? No.
    Will you see sick improvements after one week? Probably not.
    Doesn't mean you shouldn't do it though.
    Cyclist. 175cm, 59kg. I generally spend 30% of my time working out, 40% on my education, 5% eating, and 25% doing other things.

"Is man one of God’s blunders? Or is God one of man’s blunders?"

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well pretty much what i eat at the moment is:

No breakfast
    2 apples and a bottle of water for lunch
    general family dinner
    an icecream
    then a couple of beers

So if i cut out the icecream and not have as much dinner then i'll be at a pretty decent deficit
    Sorry to say it but this is pretty horrible have a real breakfast like something with eggs oatmeal etc..... and dont have just 2 apples for lunch Also cut the ice cream out