How much bandwith does GW2 take

Hey guys, so I cant wait for GW2, played GW1 and WoW a lot and it really looks great. I am from South Africa and the problem is, i am on a 384k line. That is 38kb/s max speed, over 30kb/s i get massive lag. Now, I have played wow and done 25man raiding on 384k as well as 40man AV / Isle of conquest without any problems. As well as bf3 64 player games.

My question is, any of you actually played in a beta weekend on 384 and how was it? If not, have any one you checked how much bandwith gw2 takes per hour roughly. I am just worried that during events or WvWvW the game will need more than 30 kb/s which will make the 384 line lag.

Just a note, I do not have a problem waiting for the patches/updates to download. Im talking specifically during actual gameplay.

Thanks in advance!

I tend to keep a bandwidth monitoring tool up for various reason on my computer. If I remember correctly (and I may be wrong, this is all off of memory), I didn't notice GW2 using any more bandwidth than WoW or any other online game. I saw some spikes on my monitor, but I also had Twitter and some other pages open for most of the time I was playing. Overall, I don't believe I saw it go over 20k at any one point in time.

Oh that is very good news bluedragonwolf! Thank you. I am already pre-ordered anyway hehe.

Thank you for the info, I was under the assumption it should not really take a lot more than WoW and this just confirms it! Again, thx for the response