Deleted

Angry Windows 7 REFUSES to go past 55%

When I try and install Windows 7 via bootable USB it gets to 55% stops then after about ten minutes it tell me it cannot find my hard drive. I will not have access to a DVD drive until tomorrow and I get the same message when trying Ubuntu even though it worked with a sata hard drive before. My specs are;

Sapphire Radeon Hd6450 1gb Pci-express Graphics Card

Kingston Hyperx Blu 8gb (2 X 4gb Kit) Pc3-12800

WD Caviar Blue 250GB 3.5" SATA 6GB/s Internal Hard Drive

Asus P8h61-m Le Socket Lga1155 Motherboard

Intel Core I5-2400 Quad-core Socket 1155 Processor

I've tried the hard drive as IDE and ASCHI I think the other option in the bios was as those are the only two it offers me.

Any help would be appreciated as I've been trying to build this for a LONG LONG time

Quote Originally Posted by Asordo View Post
    When I try and install Windows 7 via bootable USB it gets to 55% stops then after about ten minutes it tell me it cannot find my hard drive. I will not have access to a DVD drive until tomorrow and I get the same message when trying Ubuntu even though it worked with a sata hard drive before. My specs are;

Sapphire Radeon Hd6450 1gb Pci-express Graphics Card

Kingston Hyperx Blu 8gb (2 X 4gb Kit) Pc3-12800

WD Caviar Blue 250GB 3.5" SATA 6GB/s Internal Hard Drive

Asus P8h61-m Le Socket Lga1155 Motherboard

Intel Core I5-2400 Quad-core Socket 1155 Processor

I've tried the hard drive as IDE and ASCHI I think the other option in the bios was as those are the only two it offers me.

Any help would be appreciated as I've been trying to build this for a LONG LONG time
    Sounds like you have a bad hard drive, try a different one if you have a spare lying around.
    Taka of Deus Vox

Deleted
    Try unplugging all your USB devices while/before it's installing, in some cases Windows installation can stall because of USB connectivity issues. Last time I had this issue it was my mouse USB connection, stalling/hanging at the same exact point each time.

I had an issue very similar to this, in which my Windows installation kept hanging at a certain point. The issue turned out to be the Sata 3 on my motherboard (also an Asus). As soon as I moved the HDD to a Sata 2 port, it installed first time without issue.
    Last edited by EpicentrE; 2012-08-06 at 08:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    also, make sure you are not installing on a USB3 port

Deleted
    I don't believe the board has any USB 3.0 connections.

Quote Originally Posted by EpicentrE View Post
    I had an issue very similar to this, in which my Windows installation kept hanging at a certain point. The issue turned out to be the Sata 3 on my motherboard (also an Asus). As soon as I moved the HDD to a Sata 2 port, it installed first time without issue.
    It could really be any plugged in hardware causing the stall I just mentioned the USB connections as they're easier to test first.

Deleted
    Tried it with no USB but nothing changed, it has no USB ports or Sata 2 ports only Sata 3 so can't test that, it has no USB 3 ports and I don't have a spare hard drive to try at the moment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a bad ISO. Re-Mount the Windows Installation to the USB Drive again. If not Run a Full Scan Disk on your drive if you can. Only things I could think of.

I'd re-create your USB Windows 7 drive. I had a similar problem which turned out to be corrupt files when I downloaded windows ISO via my MSDN license. If that doesn't work, do a factory re-write to zeroes on your HD. Your HD manufacturer should have a utility to do that, along with you being able to verify that the drive is good.

---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 02:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Punks View Post
    Sounds like a bad ISO. Re-Mount the Windows Installation to the USB Drive again. If not Run a Full Scan Disk on your drive if you can. Only things I could think of.
    Punks beat me to it it by a second lol