Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Merging BG Wins?

Hey guys, I'm currently working towards Battlemaster (just the wins now pretty much) but I'm wondering whether or not they'll get merged across characters like the HKs are?

If they are getting merged, I'll be more inclined to farm the remainder on an undergeared alt to get him some levelling epics!

Deleted
    I remember reading a blue posting that they will indeed be merged. I can't seem to find the post anymore though.

Yep, HKs will be shared among all your characters. So if you have 30k on one and 40k on another, you'll have 70k as soon as they implement the account-wide features.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Yep, HKs will be shared among all your characters. So if you have 30k on one and 40k on another, you'll have 70k as soon as they implement the account-wide features.
    THANK YOU BLIZZARD.

Will you be able to participate in battlemaster grind on EVERY character (not just the wins achievement)?

10+ Year Old Account
    This was something i have been wondering about as well; very good to know, interested to see how many achievements i will get once i get more credit from my alts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_David
    "from injustise comes justise"

-huangzhong9

As it is on the PTR, I've completed the 250k HK Achievement, but my "the Bloodthirsty" title isn't on my Titles list. My "of the Horde/Alliance" title did tho...

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Yes, HK's will be shared. It is one of the achievements that Blizzard think is so boring so you only want to complete it once (other achievements like that are 2500 daily quests).

BG wins, though, wont be shared. They are not that bad to complete, according to Blizzard. However, if you complete 100 wins on one charecter, all of your charecters will get it.

Woohoo! Just woke up and read this, you made my day.

I have ~60k on 7 characters, I honestly thought I'd never get 250k
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruinous View Post
    THANK YOU BLIZZARD.

Will you be able to participate in battlemaster grind on EVERY character (not just the wins achievement)?
    I think most of the meta-achievements will be shared too. The progress on the majority of the individual achievements won't be shared, but actually earning the achievement should count for all your characters.

---------- Post added 2012-08-07 at 01:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asatru View Post
    As it is on the PTR, I've completed the 250k HK Achievement, but my "the Bloodthirsty" title isn't on my Titles list. My "of the Horde/Alliance" title did tho...
    Titles are bugged at the moment unfortunately. Unknown which titles will be shared. The achievements themselves will be though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gammonflaps View Post
    Hey guys, I'm currently working towards Battlemaster (just the wins now pretty much) but I'm wondering whether or not they'll get merged across characters like the HKs are?

If they are getting merged, I'll be more inclined to farm the remainder on an undergeared alt to get him some levelling epics!
    I'm hoping that they will merge wins. Especially wintergrasp victories!

Deleted
    I thought he/she was asking if the wins were merged for bgs.....not HKs??

Maybe im wrong ....but i havnt seen anything about wins being merged but at a guess i would say that they would be..

:O

Wow, I didn't realise this. This would be awesome. I keep changing which class I'm pvping on, so all my HKs are spread fairly evenly over several characters. :P

Deleted
    damn i really needed the bg victory shared, now i need to pvp only with the one with more victory ç_ç

Well I mainly pvp on 1 toon, with that being said, some achieves are easier in the lower level brackets (I still have no idea how I pulled off 5 recaps in a single WSG without trying on a low level toon). For WSG and AB achieves that you might have trouble getting, I would think making a level 24 twink would work well as you would be in the same bracket as level 20s on the "free starter version".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheeus View Post
    I thought he/she was asking if the wins were merged for bgs.....not HKs??

Maybe im wrong ....but i havnt seen anything about wins being merged but at a guess i would say that they would be..
    Correct, I dont have any of the 100win achievements yet but in WSG for example I've got 65wins on one character and 40 on another... so what I'm asking is, will the wins get merged across all characters to make me gain the 100/100 achievement on both characters?

I've not read anything from Blizzard - but they're merging HKs so that multi-toon PvP'ers are not punished, and the same logic SHOULD apply to victories I guess - but I'd like confirmation before ploughing some time into the wrong character between now and MoP

Correct, I dont have any of the 100win achievements yet but in WSG for example I've got 65wins on one character and 40 on another... so what I'm asking is, will the wins get merged across all characters to make me gain the 100/100 achievement on both characters?

I've not read anything from Blizzard - but they're merging HKs so that multi-toon PvP'ers are not punished, and the same logic SHOULD apply to victories I guess - but I'd like confirmation before ploughing some time into the wrong character between now and MoP
    Ah, I've misunderstood part of the thread then.

No idea how wins are handled on individual characters unfortunately.

As I wrote earlier in this post, I am pretty sure (but not a 100) that the wins will not be merged. The reason is; Blizzard only stated that the annoying "you only want to complete this ONCE" will be account wide progress. But when you first complete one win achievement, all of your toons will have that achievement.

Pretty sure no achievements with a form of progression (Think 50 Defense Caps, 50 Assaults, 100 Wins, 50 Flag Returns, etc) will be merged come MoP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakeshii View Post
    Pretty sure no achievements with a form of progression (Think 50 Defense Caps, 50 Assaults, 100 Wins, 50 Flag Returns, etc) will be merged come MoP.
    With the exception of the 50/100/250k HK achievements, they're doing exactly that by merging progression statistics across toons. If not for that, I would never have thought to make this thread - it just got me thinking.

Speaking of merging BG wins and HKs. On the PTR I've noticed that I actually got the "Justicar/Conqueror" achievements on other toons because I had it on at least 1 toon. On my Human Rogue, all of my Alliance toons received the achievement (but no title due to a bug? apparently.) Whereas my Horde toons did not. So what I did is xfer a Horde toon that had the Conqueror title, then all of my Horde toons received the achievement. (Again, with no titles being accessible.) Does this mean that all of my characters are going to receive the Justicar/Conqueror title? Or is getting the achievement itself, a bug?

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!