Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #81
    Are there any yet unknown but mentioned zones?

  2. #82
    Brewmaster Ferg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The dirty souf.
    Posts
    1,312
    Why is everyone so fixated on Tamriel? Most of the major occurrences in Tamrielic history have been fulfilled through the 3 (THREE!) Elder Scrolls (Sun, Blood, Dragon) that we found during Skyrim and Dawnguard.

    Why not move on? Why doesn't the Dragonborn board a ship and sail north, across the Sea of Ghosts, to Atmora, the birthplace of Talos? Why can we not roam Akavir, home of the legendary Blades? Unfortunately, we can't visit Yokuda, ancient origin of the Redguard, as it sank into the sea...

    But think about it. The possibilities are endless.


    That said, the next game will focus on the Second Great War between the Empire and the Aldmeri Dominion, with the focus on pushing the elves back to Summerset, possibly even taking it over. I wouldn't be surprised if there was mention of the Dragonborn becoming the Emperor due to public outcry for a hero of the Dragon Blood to take up the Throne of Talos....
    Have any questions about the Warlords beta? Ask me!
    <WoD Beta Club>

  3. #83
    Are there only two continents Akavir and Tamriel?

  4. #84
    Brewmaster Ferg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The dirty souf.
    Posts
    1,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Are there only two continents Akavir and Tamriel?
    Nah, see my post right above you. There were four; Tamriel, Akavir, Atmora, and Yokuda. Yokuda sank beneath the sea, however, leaving the other three.
    Have any questions about the Warlords beta? Ask me!
    <WoD Beta Club>

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Nah, see my post right above you. There were four; Tamriel, Akavir, Atmora, and Yokuda. Yokuda sank beneath the sea, however, leaving the other three.
    Thanks for information. Are there any unknown continent/worlds?

  6. #86
    Brewmaster Ferg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The dirty souf.
    Posts
    1,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Thanks for information. Are there any unknown continent/worlds?
    It's kinda complicated, to be honest. Yes, there are other worlds, but they are the planes of the gods, if that makes sense. Masser and Secunda, the moons, are visual representations of Oblivion. Magnus, the sun, is a link to Aetherius. The 8 Divines (excluding Talos, of course) all have planets in the sky. The stars are holes left in the planes when followers of Magnus left Mundus (the plane of mortals) to follow their god.

    As far as uncharted lands on Tamriel...not quite sure. Never really researched that. I'm sure Bethesda could come up with something if they wanted. Look at how all the races in WoW just happened to finally stumble across Northrend :P
    Have any questions about the Warlords beta? Ask me!
    <WoD Beta Club>

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    It's kinda complicated, to be honest. Yes, there are other worlds, but they are the planes of the gods, if that makes sense. Masser and Secunda, the moons, are visual representations of Oblivion. Magnus, the sun, is a link to Aetherius. The 8 Divines (excluding Talos, of course) all have planets in the sky. The stars are holes left in the planes when followers of Magnus left Mundus (the plane of mortals) to follow their god.

    As far as uncharted lands on Tamriel...not quite sure. Never really researched that. I'm sure Bethesda could come up with something if they wanted. Look at how all the races in WoW just happened to finally stumble across Northrend :P
    Wow... That kind of lore seems great...

  8. #88
    The Elder Scrolls has always had amazing lore. I don't think I've ever seen another game that has quite the depth of lore it has.

    A good place to go if you want to know more about the lore is http://www.imperial-library.info/

  9. #89
    Scarab Lord breadisfunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    4,597
    hammerfell. that or one of the other continents.

  10. #90
    I'm hoping for either Elsweyr, Summerset Isles, or Black Marsh for TESVI. There was a LOT of talk about Summerset Isles among NPC's in Oblivion, so I'd say that Summerset Isles is the most likely at this point, despite the fact that we've gone two centuries into the future since then.

    I just hope that Bethesda makes a game as good as or better than Morrowind. The Elder Scrolls series is starting to lose its magic.

  11. #91
    has no one thought of the possibility of the return of the dwemer
    they didnt die they literally just all vanished at the same time from what i can remember
    even daedra couldnt explain theyre abrupt disapearence
    there was i think one story that said they were banished by azura
    but there was alot more lore pointing towards they figured out interdimensional
    travel either way.....

    akavir for a new continent
    morrowind for a province
    .....just my oppinion i still think
    elder scrolls 3 had the better of these 3 titles
    storylines and plots
    Long Live the Nerevarine

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanith View Post
    NOTE: Please don't say "ALL OF TAMRIEL" like everyone on every forum everywhere, because that'd be almost impossible looking at the scale of each province, unless you want the Imperial City and similar cities scaled down to the size of Rorikstead.

    NOTE2: I know TES:O is doing it, but they're only doing small parts of each.
    Have they even mentioned/announced an ES6?

  13. #93
    I think with next gen consoles, companies will no longer be as limited to the scope of what they can do. ES6 could very well be all of Tamriel though I would personally love Ferg's idea of going to Atmora or Akavir since I never even thought of that.

    I would also love to delve into the planes of the Divines. We've visited the Daedric prince realms quite often I think it's time to flip turn upside down.

    I also hope that ES6 will see a combat overhaul to include dodging into the game. Something like TK dodge baseline for starting and heavy armor types, dive rolling for light armor and blink spells for casters as well as faster fluid attacks that don't quite become into a hack and slash but border on it. I hope they DON'T adopt the ES:O system.

    And last but not least, I hope that the next gen consoles will be able to push out graphics that rival fully modded skyrim in detail without fps drops.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  14. #94
    i think either go to summerset isle as it is were elves first landed in tamriel and you could do more on the dominion and you could have valenwood as well as it is next to summerst isle and sounds like a good place to explore as they live in giant trees. or you could go to one of the other continents for example yokuda as from maps it isnt that big and you could have a war between them and part of tamriel. another idia is to have a content unknown by the people of tamriel that the dwenmer could have all left to

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 02:28 PM ----------

    i thought yokuda didnt completly sink and there are still a couple of islands there about the size of summerset isle. also there is abother continent aldmeris the location of which is unknown but is said to be homeland of all elves
    Last edited by samxo2; 2013-02-02 at 02:28 PM.

  15. #95
    Probably Summerset Isles, but I'd love to see Elswyer. We'll know they will patent the next game's title, like it was with Skyrim.

    I'm almost sure it will not be Black Marsh, because only Argonians are able to survive there, and I'll doubt they'll sacrifice race selection just for the sake of making a Black Marsh game.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 2013-02-02 at 03:28 PM.

  16. #96
    The Lightbringer Lothaeryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Maryland, U.S.
    Posts
    3,018
    Quote Originally Posted by cloud9awaits View Post
    has no one thought of the possibility of the return of the dwemer
    they didnt die they literally just all vanished at the same time from what i can remember
    even daedra couldnt explain theyre abrupt disapearence
    there was i think one story that said they were banished by azura
    but there was alot more lore pointing towards they figured out interdimensional
    travel either way.....

    akavir for a new continent
    morrowind for a province
    .....just my oppinion i still think
    elder scrolls 3 had the better of these 3 titles
    storylines and plots
    Long Live the Nerevarine
    The Dwemer were rumored to have used the heart of Lorkhan to Ascend into another state of being without a corporeal form, whether that means they were transported to Aetherius (The ES version of the afterlife/heaven) as living or dead or not or if they succeeded is still up for debate.

    Given in the Dawnguard DLC with the Aetherium Forge questline talking about that resource war, its possible they tried to open a gateway to Aetherius to gather more Aetherium, which went horribly wrong and ended up sending their entire race to Aetherius instead. So while it would be interesting to see the Dwarves return, I doubt it would be anything beyond being used in a side questline in another Elder Scrolls title.

    As for TES:VI, i think it will be Black Marsh, I have a feeling Bethesda will try something different this time.
    And should he be a prophet of It's coming, he shall be cast out by his kin and his peers, for they cannot comprehend and fear the end of the corrupt empire. - Unknown, 3/1/2012
    I am Lothaeryn, Dragonborn of Nirn and Paladin of Azeroth. Hear my voice and tremble... Bask in my radiance and be inspired...
    For I am the Hand of Dawn, and justice shall be done by my shout and by my blade.

  17. #97
    Lothaeryn, how do you think they will make other race able to survive in Black Marsh? Sudden cleansing of the lands? That seems a bit weird, although I would like to see Black Marsh, I doubt that it will ever be available in game.

  18. #98
    The Lightbringer Lothaeryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Maryland, U.S.
    Posts
    3,018
    Quote Originally Posted by ohaitharr View Post
    Lothaeryn, how do you think they will make other race able to survive in Black Marsh? Sudden cleansing of the lands? That seems a bit weird, although I would like to see Black Marsh, I doubt that it will ever be available in game.
    I haven't read up on many of the locations on Tamriel, but I was assuming Black Marsh was inhabited, I'm guessing that's incorrect then? (and yes, I am new to TES people, deal with it)
    And should he be a prophet of It's coming, he shall be cast out by his kin and his peers, for they cannot comprehend and fear the end of the corrupt empire. - Unknown, 3/1/2012
    I am Lothaeryn, Dragonborn of Nirn and Paladin of Azeroth. Hear my voice and tremble... Bask in my radiance and be inspired...
    For I am the Hand of Dawn, and justice shall be done by my shout and by my blade.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    I haven't read up on many of the locations on Tamriel, but I was assuming Black Marsh was inhabited, I'm guessing that's incorrect then? (and yes, I am new to TES people, deal with it)
    I'm not attacking you or anything, sorry if it seemed that way. English is not my native language, so I may create posts that give the wrong vibe, even if I don't mean to .

    Black Marsh is inhabited, but only by Argonians and Hists. Because of the poisonous plants, deadly predators, and deep swamps - Black Marsh is the least favorite place for anyone except the Argonians.

  20. #100
    The Lightbringer Lothaeryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Maryland, U.S.
    Posts
    3,018
    Quote Originally Posted by ohaitharr View Post
    I'm not attacking you or anything, sorry if it seemed that way. English is not my native language, so I may create posts that give the wrong vibe, even if I don't mean to .

    Black Marsh is inhabited, but only by Argonians and Hists. Because of the poisonous plants, deadly predators, and deep swamps - Black Marsh is the least favorite place for anyone except the Argonians.
    Well, after reading the wiki regarding Black Marsh, it doesn't seem like there is much holding people back from exploring it TBH, poisonous plants and deadly predators exist everywhere, so thats not something new.

    The only thing I can think of that would prevent non Argonians to go there would be the Knahaten Flu, but that seems like the disease died out as no one is alive in Black Marsh capable of contracting it.

    Plus, its not hard to imagine new lore regarding a boom in trade or interest after a few decades/ hundred years between ES titles, maybe after the Dragon crisis in Skyrim, people had more interest in their origin and sought answers in the lands of the only species even remotely related to them? (And I know they are not related, but since people would assume dragon=lizzard its not hard to assume people will think that way).
    And should he be a prophet of It's coming, he shall be cast out by his kin and his peers, for they cannot comprehend and fear the end of the corrupt empire. - Unknown, 3/1/2012
    I am Lothaeryn, Dragonborn of Nirn and Paladin of Azeroth. Hear my voice and tremble... Bask in my radiance and be inspired...
    For I am the Hand of Dawn, and justice shall be done by my shout and by my blade.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •